Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best rate for sterling cash?

• 16-08-2018 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I need to get £7,000 in cash, what is the cheapest way to go about it and get the best rate?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Neilw wrote: »
    Hi all,

I need to get £7,000 in cash, what is the cheapest way to go about it and get the best rate?

Is there any way of avoiding cash?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Hi all,

If it's logistically feasible for you to visit a bank branch in person in GB or NI, the cheapest option is to open a free current account in a UK bank and then load it via Revolut. Then withdraw the cash from the branch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

McGaggs wrote: »
    Is there any way of avoiding cash?

I don't really have any way to avoid it unfortunately.
    Quackster wrote: »
    If it's logistically feasible for you to visit a bank branch in person in GB or NI, the cheapest option is to open a free current account in a UK bank and then load it via Revolut. Then withdraw the cash from the branch.

Would I not need a NI address with bills as proof to open an account?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Would I not need a NI address with bills as proof to open an account?

No, you just have to be an EU resident, with the necessary IDs and proofs of address.

Advertisement