Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle jumble sale

Options
  • 16-08-2018 2:44pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We had one of these in Balrothery a few years ago and Koutobia and I were thinking of having one again soon.
    Would there be any interest in this?
    PS Location would be at the Balrothery inn in North Co Dublin
    That bit is fixed.....

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Might be up for this. I've a load of stuff I'd like to sell but never seem to find the time to put ads up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

It's good to physically meet up and also maybe show off nice bikes as well :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

don't have much to sell, but would be interested in popping along.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I can load of my panniers with crap to sell perhaps. I've frames, a groupset/components, wheels to get rid of though so not sure I could cycle there with them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

same as last time, if i'm heading out in the car, i could pick you up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Sounds good. If anyone has ultegra brakes, front derailer and nice 10 speed wheels please bring them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I have a lot less stuff than before but would be up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Sounds like a great idea. If anyone has spare tools for sale: chain whips, pedal spanners, spoke tensioners, etc please bring them along. I'm always in need of new tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

I'd be on for that alright, anything that helps me clear out some of the stuff I don't use anymore. To give an idea of what I can bring,

I'd probably have partial 10 speed tiagra 4700 groupset (brakes, shifters, Front and rear derailleur), 40cm Ritchie handlebars and a set of non brand alloy 38's. Brand new never used FSA gossamer crankset. Portable roller type trainer with front fork brace bit like this

https://www.feedbacksports.com/shop/omnium-portable-trainer/

but not as fancy or expensive. Aero bottle holder and 2 bottles. Fabric TT saddle and a ladies road saddle. Giro aerohead size large TT helmet. Majority of stuff is in great condition, few things have never been used.

And then 2 maybe's that would probably need me to be sure of a sale so I could replace them before selling but a set of Fulcrum red wind 50mm clinchers. Carbon fairing and alloy brake track. 10 speed at the moment and not sure they are 11 speed compatible. And a Lemond Revolution turbo trainer, 10+11 speed compatible.

Prob have a few never worn aldi jackets/winter jerseys too, most still have the tags on them.

joey100 wrote: »
    I'd be on for that alright, anything that helps me clear out some of the stuff I don't use anymore.
    just be warned that most people there will also be interested in doing a clearout, so will probably be in selling rather than buying mode!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Yep that happened at the last one alright but few people contacted me after to ask about stuff I had on the day, managed to shift a bit of stuff between the day itself and people I met on the day. It's only 5 mins from my house too and all the stuff is in my spares box anyway so it's not much hassle going!

At the last one I found out about Velo Club Balrothery too, that time of year when I think I would like to join a club too so it all fits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Silver braze-on 6700 front derailleur here if you need it Colm, also a black 6700 short cage RD.

Won't get to Balrothery though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

RobFowl wrote: »
    We had one of these in Balrothery a few years ago and Koutobia and I were thinking of having one again soon.
    Would there be any interest in this?
    PS Location would be at the Balrothery inn in North Co Dublin
    That bit is fixed.....

Nah - let’s go with Lamb Doyle’s Car park!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭guanciale

I'd be interested but Baleothery dont work. Somewhere such as Phoenix Park would suit so many more people.
    Bestnof luck with it however.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Euppy

Interested, but I'm another that's just trying to get rid of gear

guanciale wrote: »
    I'd be interested but Baleothery dont work. Somewhere such as Phoenix Park would suit so many more people.
    Why not arrange one there so?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

How about Sunday 26th? Plenty of foot traffic that day..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

We know that Balrothery wont suit a lot of people.
    WRT just setting up somewhere there is the issue of permission and insurance.
    The Balrothery Inn has a generous car park and permission from the innkeeper and insurance is therefore in place.
    We are thinking of late Sept -early Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭guanciale

colm18 wrote: »
    How about Sunday 26th? Plenty of foot traffic that day..

Fair question.
    Honest answer - couldn't be arsed.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,416 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

letape wrote: »
    Nah - let’s go with Lusk Doyle’s Car park!

Not sure he'll be entirely happy with that.

Sod it! Lusk does need to get itself on the map, so let's all descend on him

I'll be bringing 18 cranksets if anyone needs one.....

• Advertisement

koutoubia wrote: »
    We are thinking of late Sept -early Oct.
    arse, will probably miss it so.

Advertisement