Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam Call

Options
  • 16-08-2018 2:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

More a warning and not a complaint. I am a broadband customer with Éir for nearly 12 months and have no complaint either with the service or customer care. I have had reason to contact customer care on two occasions, today being the second . The first occasion was to help me log in to Eir sports on my mobile and this was done in a fast efficient and friendly manner.  Today I contacted The Éir chat line. The reason being that I had received a call from an 021 phone number informing me that me broadband had been compromised and that my connectin was being disconnecte within 24 hours.  I immediately hung up and contacted the chat line.  The Éir Representative , after verifying my account, checked that a call had not been made from Éir and again dealt with my concerns in an efficient and friendly manner.  What more can a customer expect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Emmersonn wrote: »
    More a warning and not a complaint. I am a broadband customer with Éir for nearly 12 months and have no complaint either with the service or customer care. I have had reason to contact customer care on two occasions, today being the second . The first occasion was to help me log in to Eir sports on my mobile and this was done in a fast efficient and friendly manner.  Today I contacted The Éir chat line. The reason being that I had received a call from an 021 phone number informing me that me broadband had been compromised and that my connectin was being disconnecte within 24 hours.  I immediately hung up and contacted the chat line.  The Éir Representative , after verifying my account, checked that a call had not been made from Éir and again dealt with my concerns in an efficient and friendly manner.  What more can a customer expect.
    Hi Emmersonn ,

Thanks for letting us know, I'll be sure to forward this information on to the relevant departments.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I too received the same call today appearing to be from a local number to me, but not 021 as above. I checked it out from the caller ID and it turns out to be the Child Benefit section of Social Welfare, who obviously didn't ring me advising that they were about to suspend my broadband! 

Some scammer is cloning call numbers on Eir lines (mine is VOIP) and making it look like a local call to each particular area. Needs serious investigation ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I too received the same call today appearing to be from a local number to me, but not 021 as above. I checked it out from the caller ID and it turns out to be the Child Benefit section of Social Welfare, who obviously didn't ring me advising that they were about to suspend my broadband! 

Some scammer is cloning call numbers on Eir lines (mine is VOIP) and making it look like a local call to each particular area. Needs serious investigation ASAP.
    Hi RoToBo, 

We are aware of this issue and we are not currently engaged in any outbound activity in relation to this. You can view all details on this here

Thanks for letting us know. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Scam calls is one thing, but cloning legitimate government numbers to achieve this on your network is quite another thing, I'd have thought.  

I'd be interested to see what other numbers have been cloned. Should they, at least, not be informed, even if customers themselves don't warrant any 'outbound activity'? 

Advertisement