Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window security query

Options
  • 16-08-2018 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

I was going to tag this onto the thread further down but it seems to be closed.

Hoping to change the upvc windows in the house shortly, they are the originals from 20yrs ago. I have seen the blurb online about burglar proof windows and taken it onboard with a pinch of salt. While I understand the theory if they get long enough anything can be cracked open but I am taking it most window crowds are charging similar or very different windows and if I can do my homework and get a better window I would appreciate any feed back on suppliers. Some of the below seems to be the buzz words I have come across. Undecided if it will be upvc again or aluclad. Even if someone cannot recommend a supplier but had some factual info about what to look for in a good window.

Frames/locks:
    Bear Grip multipoint
    Hinge guards

Glass:
    Double/ Triple glass, any particular gas in between the glazing
    Any particular glass coating to look out for.
    Will out going OTT is there glass that will take a beating and not seperate or would you be going down the laminated route for this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Mods can this be moved please as posted in the wrong section, otherwise deleted and I repost. Thanks

Advertisement