Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching Query

Options
  • 16-08-2018 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hello,
    I'm finding it very dificult to search on the platform now.
    When search results are returned I cant see anyway to get a link directly to the post that has been returned. 
    A lot of the time though, there isnt even a link to the post (I cant see a pattern for this). In these cases, there is just a link to the forum where the post is and a link to the posters profile.

And last but not least I cant see any way to sort the results that are returned. For example there is no sort by date or relevance like you would typicaly find. I dont find the Date section that is there very helpful as it's just posts within a set period and again not sorted.

Am I missing something obvious?

thanks,

Reg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Searching the site from Google seems to be broken.

I searched for a particular phrase in a post today and Google gave no hits.

Has boards.ie blocked Google searches?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Reg,
    To narrow down your search by specific dates, you can use the Advanced Search tool. This can be accessed by clicking on the search symbol next to the Search box at the top of the page.

You can then search by forum, sub forum, post title, username, date.

https://www.boards.ie/search/advanced/

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

By the way, the results page you described doesn't sound right - could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing please? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

thanks, I'll try the advanced seach.

Here's the screenshot:

sorry, I was having a few issues replying to this one.
    I'll check out the advanced search.

Here's the screenshot of what I see:
    458875.PNG

• Advertisement

testing replying

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Helpdesk replies are pre-moderated and need to be approved, so posting once is enough.

sorry, I didnt realise that :blush:. thanks.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Reg_hurley,

Just to follow up on this, you may get more accurate or detailed search results by switching to the Legacy Site for the purpose of searching. You can do so in the footer or in the top right of the page beside your username.

Advertisement