Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luas worker loses his job

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    So what is the solution for feral racist abusers ?

Will presecution under exist hate laws (they might as well be used setting as we have them) would be a start.

Is be pretty much use that as a starting point rather than instructionalised child abuse.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Dublin needs a fully funded transport police service.

Why bother the kids on the luas would just be a civil matter just like the usual police station tells you for practically everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Should we all be racists now? I can't keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

A joke. A man in Ireland thousands of miles away from home doing a **** job for **** pay I'm guessing, gets racially abused one too many times and lashes out against the lowest of the low and he loses his job for doing something he hardly gives a **** about and isn't gaining all that much from. **** me. The lesson here is don't give a ****, know your targets and let these feral teenagers run wild and do as they wish. He should be receiving compensation from the state for being abused by these toe rags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭SteM

That bloody green line, full of scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

FFred wrote: »
    Too busy catching me doing 5km per hour over the limit ON THE WAY TO WORK.

Easy enough way to stop that from happening.

And it isn't by not going to work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Large poster on the LUAS today "Racism has no place on the LUAS".

Two faced c***s.

SteM wrote: »
    That bloody green line, full of scumbags.

It is now that it links up. Stephen's Green is a disgrace some nights.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    If only that meant throwing the little scum down a flight of stairs!

You need an escalator for that, hence de-escalation procedure. Preferably one that is upward moving. With a bit of luck the'll piss themselves.

You need an escalator for that, hence de-escalation procedure. Preferably one that is upward moving. With a bit of luck the'll piss themselves.

I'm going to fly from T2 tonight - I'll check them out. I think the ones up from US Pre-Clearance are steep enough so!

Ideally though - Victoria tube station in London. Went there on the way to Wembley and nearly passed out! Got the bus back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭arctictree

I remember the transport police in Germany. Armed to the teeth and patrolling with Alsations. You don't mess with those feckers. Imagine that on the luas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

He did the wrong thing of course, but I don't think this man should have lost his job.

arctictree wrote: »
    I remember the transport police in Germany. Armed to the teeth and patrolling with Alsations. You don't mess with those feckers. Imagine that on the luas.

Ticket checkers at Heuston last evening needing Security with them - good to be prepared but what is wrong with buying a ticket ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

And if they do anything in this country they'll be fired for not standing back and deescalating!

• Advertisement

Back in 2006 I was running across an S-Bahn platform in Dortmund while a large local man held a train-door open for me, impatiently yelling "Raus! Raus!!". You don't forget a thing like that. :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    Back in 2006 I was running across an S-Bahn platform in Dortmund while a large local man held a train-door open for me, impatiently yelling "Raus! Raus!!". You don't forget a thing like that. :pac:

I still get flashbacks to the gun toting Bridget Nielsen (in her prime) lookalike with the H&K machine gun at Schipol Airport!

She may have been asking me the time but I near wet myself!!!!

Del2005 wrote: »
    And if they do anything in this country they'll be fired for not standing back and deescalating!

Need I say more. The "leisure" class of people in Ireland are extremely fragile and the slightest touch will cause life-changing injuries that require extensive compensation to get over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭SteM

It is now that it links up. Stephen's Green is a disgrace some nights.

You think that's because the lines are linked up now? Do you really think lazy good-for-nothings are motivated enough to go to all of the hassle of transferring from the red to the green line so they can cause trouble at Stephens green?

Need I say more. The "leisure" class of people in Ireland are extremely fragile and the slightest touch will cause life-changing injuries that require extensive compensation to get over.

Dele Alli has just texted him for coaching.

• Advertisement

SteM wrote: »
    You think that's because the lines are linked up now? Do you really think lazy good-for-nothings are motivated enough to go to all of the hassle of transferring from the red to the green line so they can cause trouble at Stephens green?

I rather hoped not but when the first can of Bavaria comes out at 8.30am as they get on at Marlborough you smell a rat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Dublin needs a fully funded transport police service.
    And a fully funded sterilisation programme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The "leisure" class of people in Ireland

Oh I'll borrow that one, if I may!?

They are permanently at leisure and they dress in leisure-sports wear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

What wrong with this country..

He goes to work get abused and a little knacker and loses his Job,

And we have a women at 28 spitting out 7 Kids, that never worked a day and has a criminal record . Getting a apartment cause she took a staged photo.
    Jesus H Christ.

+1 It's a race to the bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Infini wrote: »
    Honestly the problem in the first place is that the little scrotes are acting the way they are because they think they're able to do what they want. The threat of a beatdown on their leeching asses or the threat of a severe retaliation would cause the little scummers to think twice to be honest.

I also feel that sacking the lad is completely disproportionate and unwarranted. The whole "conflict management training" BS is usually just that. It's only effective with people not subhuman animals tanked on drink and drugs. The ONLY thing these animals will cower before is when theyre outnumbered or outgunned and nothing else. Anything else is devoid of the reality of things these days.

Doesn't really contradict my point, but perhaps you can answer: what happens then the scrote in questions stand up for himself and winds up getting the upper hand in any "beatdown" situation? Ot the "beatdown" goes too far in other direction and someone gets killed, and security suddenly realises there some kind of untouchable God who's found an outlet for his violent tendencies, goes too far and takes it out on the wrong person?

It's a bit hypocritical to preach consequences when you seem to think there will NO negative consequences whatsoever to you solutions, no?

Doesn't really contradict my point, but perhaps you can answer: what happens then the scrote in questions stand up for himself and winds up getting the upper hand in any "beatdown" situation?...

Does the State back down and let it go when criminals "stand up for themselves" and get the upper hand in a "beatdown" situation? No, they don't. They eventually call the Rangers, as has been done before.

Doesn't really contradict my point, but perhaps you can answer: what happens then the scrote in questions stand up for himself and winds up getting the upper hand in any "beatdown" situation? Ot the "beatdown" goes too far in other direction and someone gets killed, and security suddenly realises there some kind of untouchable God who's found an outlet for his violent tendencies, goes too far and takes it out on the wrong person?

It's a bit hypocritical to preach consequences when you seem to think there will NO negative consequences whatsoever to you solutions, no?

Should Gardai back away when a criminal starts attacking ?

No - why should they ?

No - why should they ?

They'll back away temporarily. Then come back SAS urban assault style, with HKs, autoloading shotguns and ten-pound sledges. And that's just for opening the door and introducing themselves. :pac:

They'll back away temporarily. Then come back SAS urban assault style, with HKs, autoloading shotguns and ten-pound sledges. And that's just for opening the door and introducing themselves. :pac:

If I saw that on the gob****e knocking into everyone not long back at the Abbey St stop going "giz a f**king euro, you have it" - I'd commute home with a smile!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I like the idea of swiping a scumbag.. Knock the hair follicles off the back of his head. That'll teach him acting the boll!x.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Trasna1

No one is asking for Rambo security on the luas, but can see that dismissing a racially abused ticket checker that lashed out (and missed) in frustration at a knack is more than a bit harsh.

Suspension, retraining and/or demotion to back office role would have been enough to indicate to all that striking out at even the fare evading public is not acceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

should he have swung? perhaps not
    should he have been sacked? definitely not. we cant live in a society where people have the freeddom to abuse people and not have recourse.

there is clear signs of aggravation here that he was provoked and i think transdev have not done enough here to support their employee.

i wonder, has the person who racially abused the man been charged with the offence?

should he have been sacked? definitely not. we cant live in a society where people have the freeddom to abuse people and not have recourse.

there is clear signs of aggravation here that he was provoked and i think transdev have not done enough here to support their employee.

i wonder, has the person who racially abused the man been charged with the offence?

I would very very shocked had this happened, sadly.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/luas-worker-sacked-for-lashing-out-at-racist-youth-loses-appeal-37224859.html
    Mr Shafiq said he boarded the St Stephen's Green-bound Luas at Cowper and there was a group of youths on board who did not have tickets.

He said that he was required to issue them with a standard fare notice, and in response some of the youths made rude finger gestures to him while others were drinking alcohol from cans.

Mr Shafiq then asked this group to get off at the next stop and, in response, he was verbally abused and called a "Paki bastard"

Can well believe that to be honest.

Transdev only care about screwing more money.
    As for the piece of sh*t who got "punched", I'm sure he got a massive payout for the appaling and lifechanging injuries he recieved (i.e. none) and that he will only recvover from once €60k hits his bank account.
    He will have his arse licked and be kowtowed to like the Emporer of China and that will only reinforce his scummy behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭conorhal

There's only one real way to deal with these asbo baiting creatures...

tenor.gif?itemid=5671167

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,186 ✭✭✭Tow

It is the same with the Paris Metro, no messing around with them. But, at the same time (fined after wife threw ticket in bin before exiting station) very polite and nice to deal with.

If the Luas ticket inspector is who I think he is, there are probably other complaints about him over the years...

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Tow wrote: »
    It is the same with the Paris Metro, no messing around with them. But, at the same time (fined after wife threw ticket in bin before exiting station) very polite and nice to deal with.

Well you didn't call him a 'froggy b*stard' did you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,186 ✭✭✭Tow

Well you didn't call him a 'froggy b*stard' did you?

No, but calling her a him might have resulted in the same outcome.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I feel sorry for the guy who got fired but you can not use violence to solve issues unless in retaliation to violence. You need to be made of hard stuff to do jobs where you must interact with all walks of the public and the board that fired him can not be seen to condone an initiation of an act of violence as that is against the law and would open a can of worms with regard violence in society in general.

In saying that I am sure the lad will not be jumping on the Luas without a ticket for a while.

• Advertisement

I feel sorry for the guy who got fired but you can not use violence to solve issues unless in retaliation to violence. You need to be made of hard stuff to do jobs where you must interact with all walks of the public and the board that fired him can not be seen to condone an initiation of an act of violence as that is against the law and would open a can of worms with regard violence in society in general.

In saying that I am sure the lad will not be jumping on the Luas without a ticket for a while.

That I am not so sure about. He knows he can give any ticket inspector the finger and walk out of there. They can't touch him in any way so what is the deterrant?
    He might have to go to court where absolutely nothing will happen to him.
    So in the end he can do as he pleases, because there is absolutely no consequences for him.

Does the State back down and let it go when criminals "stand up for themselves" and get the upper hand in a "beatdown" situation? No, they don't. They eventually call the Rangers, as has been done before.

No - why should they ?

Hang on a second - one; we're not taling Gardai, we're talking Luas drivers and/or hired security; and two - no one was physically attacked. How long you think it;s going to take for the Rangers (who are the Rangers, by the way?) to get there? The criminal's going to have done the job and be long gone.

But if you DO want to take State/Gardai: should the State accept Gardai who "beatdown" people who simply mouth off to them? Would you say the same in terms of legitimate protesters? Or how do you bring cases against Gardai simply wanting to "beatdown" members of the public and using verbal intimidation as an excuse?

Hang on a second - one; we're not taling Gardai, we're talking Luas drivers and/or hired security; and two - no one was physically attacked. How long you think it;s going to take for the Rangers (who are the Rangers, by the way?) to get there? The criminal's going to have done the job and be long gone.

But if you DO want to take State/Gardai: should the State accept Gardai who "beatdown" people who simply mouth off to them? Would you say the same in terms of legitimate protesters? Or how do you bring cases against Gardai simply wanting to "beatdown" members of the public and using verbal intimidation as an excuse?

You asked "what happens then the scrote in questions stand up for himself and winds up getting the upper hand in any "beatdown" situation?". And my answer is, to restate somewhat, the scrote will, albeit however eventually, lose. And the Rangers are the Army Ranger Wing, the Irish equivalent of First Recon or the SAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Putting the army on public transport to deal with some gobby young lads, nothing at all drama queeny about that.

RustyNut wrote: »
    Putting the army on public transport to deal with some gobby young lads, nothing at all drama queeny about that.

...and that isn't what I said either.

...and that isn't what I said either.

It is actually funny how some people have about as much sense for humor and irony as a concrete fencepost. :D

• Advertisement

You asked "what happens then the scrote in questions stand up for himself and winds up getting the upper hand in any "beatdown" situation?". And my answer is, to restate somewhat, the scrote will, albeit however eventually, lose. And the Rangers are the Army Ranger Wing, the Irish equivalent of First Recon or the SAS.

So instead of losing his job, it's better he takes the beating?

Not sure the SAS had dealing with fare-dodgers in their job description.

So instead of losing his job, it's better he takes the beating?

Not sure the SAS had dealing with fare-dodgers in their job description.

Case in point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

What a great country we could have if someone would just take out all the scumbags and execute them.

**** them all, they contribute nothing but grief to society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Trasna1

It's one hell of a jump to get from providing adequate legal protection for public transport staff to deal with fare dodging anti social knackers to get to gardai beating down legitimate protest

A hiding is what many of those knacks badly deserve, but to be honest it could well make the situation worse.

Trasna1 wrote: »
    It's one hell of a jump to get from providing adequate legal protection for public transport staff to deal with fare dodging anti social knackers to get to gardai beating down legitimate protest

A hiding is what many of those knacks badly deserve, but to be honest it could well make the situation worse.

It used to be that some of the usual suspects would have an attack of clumsiness in the Garda station and fall down some stairs and run into some doors and walls. Repeatedly.
    Once doesn't always feel too sorry for them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement