Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luas worker loses his job

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Trasna1 wrote: »
    It's one hell of a jump to get from providing adequate legal protection for public transport staff to deal with fare dodging anti social knackers to get to gardai beating down legitimate protest

A hiding is what many of those knacks badly deserve, but to be honest it could well make the situation worse.

Not that much of a jump - an example of the potential consequences of a bad idea: giving figures in authority the power to use physical force without physical provocation.

Your last sentence send up my point, but for some reason people can't fathom the concept of retaliation or situation deterioration, or just don't care as long as someone gets beaten up.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭badtoro

It's a pity, seeing as he lost his job, his punch didn't connect. But I suppose he'd lose more on top of his job for that. Feral little arseholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Not that much of a jump - an example of the potential consequences of a bad idea: giving figures in authority the power to use physical force without physical provocation.

Your last sentence send up my point, but for some reason people can't fathom the concept of retaliation or situation deterioration, or just don't care as long as someone gets beaten up.

They are repeatedly physically comforted by the scumbags shouting racial abuse an inch from their face and spitting at them, would you stand there and take that or after several years have a monetary slip and end up loosing your job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

The system is does not protect the victims , its all about free legal aid and bla bla bla .
    The working tax payer is screw every which way .
    If your under 18 , the parents should be fined . If your over 18 you should be fined .
    Cut the benifits .
    We all pay driving fines , all types of liences , etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Strange country. All kinds of signs on transport saying no to racism. Reports saying minorities get abused.

Now we have a guy losing his job without any recourse after flipping out because of that same racist abuse.

I think he should go further and sue - I can’t see that he could have done his job in those circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

So instead of losing his job, it's better he takes the beating?

Not sure the SAS had dealing with fare-dodgers in their job description.

Didn't say any of that either.

Strange country. All kinds of signs on transport saying no to racism. Reports saying minorities get abused.

Now we have a guy losing his job without any recourse after flipping out because of that same racist abuse.

I think he should go further and sue - I can’t see that he could have done his job in those circumstances.

Could've given the little Dublin bollix two fast cracks of a furken wheelbrace, and used the "I'm from Limerick!!" defence. No judge in the land would convict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Could they not suspend him for 6 months like George Hook/Neil Prendeville?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

You can't just go round slapping customers so he hasn't got a case, but on a personal level, you have to feel deeply for him. Hilarious too that the minute somebody stands up to some wannabe gangsta, they immediately go crying to the authorities to snitch on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Corb_lund

In all fairness, its not nice and most of us have had to deal with these little shíts before. They are feral, cowardly as one, savage in a group. You can't touch them for fear or recrimination and the luas guards/inspectors never seem to be around.....

But in the case of someone just gobbing off to you, its not hard to ignore. I've just abused before myself on where I hail from and I ignore it or taunt back. If they then touch me (which I hope they do, then it's alright to hit back)

He should have been more thick skinned.

P.s I hope the turds in question suffer bad fortune..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Transdev are a gutless company employed by a gutless country/government.

It’s all a bit disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

jimgoose wrote: »
    Didn't say any of that either. You're being deliberately dense in the usual Lefty sort of way.

Then you shouldn't have written about army rangers, SAS, or you should have started what you think would happen as consequences of your idea. Ad homenim.

Then you shouldn't have written about army rangers, SAS, or you should have started what you think would happen as consequences of your idea. Ad homenim.

I apologise for the personal insult Chief, completely uncalled-for and I take it back. I intended involving the Rangers et al just to illustrate that it doesn't matter how mad/thick/drugged you are, if the State requires you down, down you shall go! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭no.8

The bleeding heart judges, media and like-minded wood-lice out there will likely implode one day due to their hypocrisy. Disastrous.
    It seems to have worked for that criminal Margaret cash last week (e.g. quite easily pulling the wool over multiple saps minds)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

We need to change the law,so that teenagers who are 16 and out of control, don’t feel they are untouchable. They know that the label of being a “minor,” gets them out of nearly all sticky situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

The inner city “character” of Dublin is disgusting and, as the city modernizes the past few decades, just gets shown up to be a lecherous underbelly determined to contribute nothing but take everything.

jimgoose wrote: »
    I apologise for the personal insult Chief, completely uncalled-for and I take it back. I intended involving the Rangers et al just to illustrate that it doesn't matter how mad/thick/drugged you are, if the State requires you down, down you shall go! :D

Apology accepted :)

But again: we're not talking about guards, army or any form of State, we're talking luas drivers and - at the most - privately security personnel. Guards can be called, granted, but will not be there instantly. And you know as well as I do, Anto Scumbag is gonna be long before they do.

Best you can hope for is power to restrain and detain and I'd have no problem with that.

Advertisement