Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SHADOW TECH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

https://shadow.tech/int/
    anyone use this. will it make gaming pcs redundant?

We already had/have couple of others.
    Used liquidsky for a while. The concept is not so bad but we still need better broadband in my opinion. Playing some single player gamers were ok, but still with 100mb connection there was quite a bit of lag. Maybe in next few years when we get 1gbit grade connections in Europe, we could think about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

yoshiktk wrote: »
    We already had/have couple of others.
    Used liquidsky for a while. The concept is not so bad but we still need better broadband in my opinion. Playing some single player gamers were ok, but still with 100mb connection there was quite a bit of lag. Maybe in next few years when we get 1gbit grade connections in Europe, we could think about that.

Bandwidth isn't really that much of a issue in Urban areas, its latency. You really want to be in the same region with direct links into the datacenter holding the equipment for "streaming" games, sub 10ms at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Bandwidth isn't really that much of a issue in Urban areas, its latency. You really want to be in the same region with direct links into the datacenter holding the equipment for "streaming" games, sub 10ms at worst.

That kinda what I had in mind. The issue with broadband comes that now more, more services require high broadband speed and/or latency.
    Imagine now typical house when You try to play new Cod 2020, mom watches Desperate Retired-wifes, dad try to check classic sasha grey all in 4K. Home network would be on fire :D

Advertisement