Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fabric for curtains

• 16-08-2018 6:56pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a good site for curtain fabrics (it's for a child's room, if that makes any odds)?

I've been recommended JustFabrics.co.uk and there is some nice stuff on there but some of it seems outrageously priced (£30-35/m). Maybe that's just the way it is for good quality stuff but would like to see if there are other options.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Where are you based? There’s a fabric outlet in newbridge, with another branch in cork where everything is €5/m. You can’t know what they have though until you get there, so it’s hit and miss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Have you tried Ikea?

No idea what the prices are like in comparison but they have some funky fabrics, which i think they sell as fabric, ie not made up (open to correction on that though!)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

jlm29 wrote: »
    Where are you based? There’s a fabric outlet in newbridge, with another branch in cork where everything is €5/m. You can’t know what they have though until you get there, so it’s hit and miss!

Thanks - might be worth the spin!
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Have you tried Ikea?

No idea what the prices are like in comparison but they have some funky fabrics, which i think they sell as fabric, ie not made up (open to correction on that though!)

Haven’t seen much that I’d go for but will have another look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

If you’re going there, it might be worth ringing to see when they’ll get their next delivery. They also have a Facebook page, and they usually post on that if they’re getting a big delivery. It might make it more worthwhile that way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Michael Guineys have a good selection of fabrics, but again, its hit and miss, they get in bargain fabric and you just have to keep looking till you see what you fancy.

You can also look at, for example, sheeting or cotton dress or craft fabric but you have to line it and put a decent header on it.

Its also worth looking at ready-mades, sometimes the cheap ones are perfectly nice but you need to replace the header with better quality. You are still well ahead of the game even if you do that. If you need to shorten them, always take off the header rather than shorten from the bottom, its actually easier to do a good job of putting new header on than turning them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭margaretdublin

Don't waste your time going to Newbridge, outdated stock and really awful colours. I wouldn't put any of it in my house.

Advertisement