Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did you ever flirt with your teachers at school?

• 16-08-2018 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,023 ✭✭✭✭

I am in my late twenties now and when I was at secondary school a little flirting went on between students and teachers. Generally only harmless fun and nothing was ever forced.
    They were rumors of of things getting out of hand on a foreign school trip once when a little alcohol was consumed but I don't think anything happened.

Did flirting between students happen when you went to school be it serious or just harmless messing around?
    Does it still happen now for anybody at school or is it deemed inappropriate?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Accidentally felt up a female teacher in third year (long story) but she just shyly smiled and never mentioned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

God no.
    Taught only by nuns. Flirt with them at your peril:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

God no.
    Taught only by nuns. Flirt with them at your peril:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I clicked into this thread thinking it was yet another newbie/troll poster starting an inane thread before they return to school.

No, it was a mod. Seriously?

I did during the first year of my post-grad. Kind of. He had a way with words and I half fancied him. During my degree no because they were mostly women lecturers and never during secondary school because God I didn't even know flirting existed then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,023 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I clicked into this thread thinking it was yet another newbie/troll poster starting an inane thread before they return to school.

Yes, seriously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭99nsr125

No but my English teacher did with me but I must've been too

She would come down and sit beside me, lean in and ever so gently rub her chest off my arm, then when she was getting up put her hand on my leg and push up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

There are lots of serious forums around. Go try those.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

God no - I was taught by nuns!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Not flirting but we use to playfully wind them up sometimes. One teacher sent one of the girls out to photocopy something. She sat next to the door. He sent her out again the next time. So I was sighing and joking loudly to my friend beside me, saying something like "he's sending her again??? What is she the pet now? This is a disgrace."

And he looked over at me as if to say give over and said "now!" as a warning to shut up. It was funny though because the next time he had to send someone out to photocopy, he sent me :)

There was a fairly young teacher that was quite attractive but very strict and all the boys sort of liked and hated her at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Feets

God, yes . I went to school some days just to flirt with the teachers.. they never flirted back. I still see one around town. None in college.

I didn’t think there were any religious teachers in the last two decades.

I didn’t think there were any religious teachers in the last two decades.

I'm old - left school in 1989 at 18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

God no, I was taught by priests.
    One or two of them, and a lay teacher, have since been done for child molestation. Never with me thank God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,326 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I am in my late twenties now and when I was at secondary school a little flirting went on between students and teachers. Generally only harmless fun and nothing was ever forced.
    They were rumors of of things getting out of hand on a foreign school trip once when a little alcohol was consumed but I don't think anything happened.

Did flirting between students happen when you went to school be it serious or just harmless messing around?
    Does it still happen now for anybody at school or is it deemed inappropriate?

I heard one such story about a female teacher and a group of lads who were a year ahead of us on a foreign school trip. I fully believed it at the time but now I'm more sceptical and wondering if it was completely made up by said individuals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,023 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Strazdas wrote: »
    I heard one such story about a female teacher and a group of lads who were a year ahead of us on a foreign school trip. I fully believed it at the time but now I'm more sceptical and wondering if it was completely made up by said individuals.

To the best of my knowledge the teacher in question gave up going on foreign trips after the alleged incident!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,326 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

To the best of my knowledge the teacher in question gave up going on foreign trips after the alleged incident!

The version I heard was that my teacher got drunk and ended up back in the room with three or four of them and a bit of hanky panky took place (not that much though....it was a far more innocent time after all).

As I said, I'm sceptical years later. I wonder if they made it all up or embellished a very minor incident and made it sound more racy ie. typical schoolboy bragging.

Sounds like something more tangible happened with your teacher though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

I was in a Christian Brothers school for primary and secondary and there was no flirting (Leaving Cert 1987) The brothers had a tight hold on the place. The culture was pretty grim really. Even the female lay teachers were like strict nuns. 2 of the brothers that taught me were eventually jailed for child abuse but I would imagine many of them got away with it via death or being moved on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I only one female teacher from second class to first year in college. She had a crush on my brother who is 11 years older than me, which he rejected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Our maths teacher was tall with a nice beer belly, round smiley face, curly brown hair, scraggly beard, kind of looked like he played in a hippie trad band. He always had one part of his shirt untucked and was barely managing to look respectable. He was really intelligent and oh my god I thought he was the bees knees. Never flirted, was far too shy for that kind of thing, but when he took up with that dowdy English teacher and it got serious, my heart quietly broke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

99nsr125 wrote: »
    No but my English teacher did with me but I must've been too

She would come down and sit beside me, lean in and ever so gently rub her chest off my arm, then when she was getting up put her hand on my leg and push up

And then everyone clapped.

Of all the things that never happened, this is one of them.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Even then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 inspector frost

Our PE teacher in secondary school was the spitting image of Demi Moore, all the lads fancied her. I ended up having a ONS with her 3 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Indeed.When does the new school term start again?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

No, jaysis the thoughts of it :D.

The ones that weren't sadist alcoholics were too old for the average 15 year old to be flirting with.

We had one young substitute teacher for a few months, some of the girls fancied the pants off him, waste of time - he was gay as Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

No, but I fantasised quite heavily.

Even then though.

Liverpool, UK. Trust me I have the scars

There were priest teachers in our school up to the mid 90s if I remember correctly. Our RE teacher is now a bishop.

There were priest teachers in our school up to the mid 90s if I remember correctly. Our RE teacher is now a bishop.

The priests were really nice. The nuns were terrifying.

• Advertisement

Do nuns shave their legs and pits? Always wondered...

Tried not to get that close!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

OMG is Feeky Magee all grown up!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

There were monks and nuns in my secondary school in the 1990s as well. I don't have anything of note to say about any of them really. They didn't hit anyone, grope anyone or do anything that'd have them in trouble with the law now. You'd want to be on drugs to want to flirt with any of them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Of course not. Sure nuns aren't real women.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

I can picture the scene:
    Me: *says something flirty*
    Teacher: “What!? C’mere Mary, listen to that! Here Oink, say that one more time. Siobhán, Caitriona, you wanna hear what this!”

So no. I never tried. I wasn’t that deluded!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,013 ✭✭✭✭banie01

No flirting, but I had a serious crush on my English teacher from 1st year on.

She came to teach fresh outta college to an All boys school, a little brunette wisp of a thing with a serious passion for English!
    And eyes that smiled as she read poetry, and she introduced me to so many works I still read.

On top of that she launched many a flesh rocket ;)

25yrs later she's teaching my son, and age has been kind to her, if I was allowed a "list"....
    She'd be on it, and laminated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I don't remember any flirting going on, certainly not by me, but there was one innocent incident that I remember. When we were in 2nd year, one day in English class with our female teacher, when one of the 3rd years had to come in to the class to get something. He had to go to the far side of the room which meant walking behind where the teacher was sitting. As he was right behind her, he did a few pelvic thrusts.

I'm not sure how she knew, but by the cheeky smirk on her face, it was obvious she knew what he was up to. That's all. He went on to become a professional footballer in England, but in the lower leagues.

Oh, I repeated the Leaving and for that, all three local schools had classes together (for the repeaters). There was this young, quiet male teacher there, sometimes only in the study hall. Some of the more evil females would sit up at the front and just stare at his crotch, to freak him out.
    Even then though.
    I went to a Patrician Brothers school, and there were 3 of the Brothers still there in the late 80s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

During summer on way into 5th year was out socializing in a local night club(looked old for my age) when a lady 6-7 years older cracked onto me, giving it the whole I can teach you what a real woman can do and so on. I led her on for a while but declined her offers as I was there with my then girlfriend. We both had a good laugh over it.

Two weeks later on first week back at school and we get a new Home Economics teacher, who walks in only Miss I can teach you a thing or to. Let’s say I sailed through the class for next two years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

OOnegative wrote: »
    During summer on way into 5th year was out socializing in a local night club(looked old for my age) when a lady 6-7 years older cracked onto me, giving it the whole I can teach you what a real woman can do and so on. I led her on for a while but declined her offers as I was there with my then girlfriend. We both had a good laugh over it.

Two weeks later on first week back at school and we get a new Home Economics teacher, who walks in only Miss I can teach you a thing or to. Let’s say I sailed through the class for next two years.

right, ive changed my mind,

Of all the things that never happened, THIS is one of them.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Nope , but one of the older brothers of a friend of mine married one of the teachers while we were in fifth year.

Needless to say he suffered merciless comments varying from "your sister in law has got a grand rack " right up to " did your brother get his hole last night ? '

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

No it was a cbs in the '80's. They flirted with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

right, ive changed my mind,

Of all the things that never happened, THIS is one of them.

Yes it did , can't you see the headlines ? " 16 year old waiting on his junior cert results , rattles his teacher "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Not in the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

I had a P.E. teacher flirt with me in sixth year, it was only years later when I was in college that I twigged it.
    Trademark teenage Diemos......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Even then though.

I only started school about then, had a nun teach me in 1990, 1996 and a christian brother in 1998.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Our male teachers were far too old. We did have a young pe teacher who was doing his teacher training and on an overnight excursion he copped off with one of the students. Wonder if he's still a teacher!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cstaff

When I was doing my inter cert one of the girls in 6th year was having a thing with the PE teacher. We used to see them heading over to his house most days for "lunch"... and he wasn't even particularly attractive - I never did see the attraction there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Ah my old geography teacher. Going through puberty whilst having to stare at her ass and chest was punishment from a higher power. Instant pants tightening the second the word geography was mentioned amongst myself and my male classmates was commonplace. As for flirting, no. She was possibly the angriest woman that ever existed. My revenge for all the anger was she didn't know that she was one the numerous images for endless **** sessions in my early teen years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I used to flirt occasionally with a strap which at times brushed against my skin.....

... Usually when I got a belt of it from the head brother.😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Its looking like that all the PE teachers were on the horny side.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement