Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt collectors

• 16-08-2018 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

OK so a few years ago I got a loan of €3000 from the aib, shortly after I lost my job and circumstances changed in that I had to move back to the home house for a short while. During this time I paid very little off the loan and with interest and such I found my self stuck.. so put it out off my head until the bank informed me that my account had been closed and I would be dealing with a debt recovery agent. So this turned out to be o.k. Cabot financial are the agency and are perfectly fine to deal with so I've been paying off the loan monthly with no late payment. I was means tested by the agency and I offered to pay 80 per month and this offer was accepted by the AIB bank, I asked the bank could I pay them directly and I was told no that it will be with Cabot financial from now on. So that is all fine until yesterday when I received a letter from a different agency who have taken the debt now. The new one is Intrum Justitia. I called them and I was told that they won't accept 80 per month and also that there is more money owned. I've no idea what I should do...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

Do you have a copy of all your payments you’ve made? And the original debt that the first debt collector took over? If so work out what you owe and tell them it’s €80 or nothing. This could be a mix up and they think you haven’t paid anything off- prove you have and continue to pay €80 until your debts paid off- they can’t take money from your account inauthorised

• Registered Users Posts: 20 qwerty1a

Yes I have proof of all payments. I've contacted the aib bank again today and the guy I spoke to put me on hold for 2 or 3 minutes and came back and told me that it has been given to this new debt collection agency but couldn't tell me why

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

They probably just sold on the debt - look don’t stress - work out exactly how much you’ve paid and how much you owe and show proof to intrum Justin. They were chasing me for a debt I didn’t owe and when I showed them the proof they went away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Was the letter signed by E Ball?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ask for a detailed statement. Put your concerns in writing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement