Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for someone to carry out a property valuation ?

• 16-08-2018 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there, can anyone recommend an estate agent friend or family memeber to carry out a property valuation in the north wicklow area? I'm currently buying my house from the local authority but the estate agents iv been to are all about getting the most money and comparing it to other modern fully energy efficient properties in the area!! I want rock bottom valuation taking into consideration the amount of work this over 100 year old house with damp etc iv had a survey done on the house which highlights the works needed . Any help would be great feel like it will never happen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wicklow Will

Hi there, can anyone recommend an estate agent friend or family memeber to carry out a property valuation in the north wicklow area? I'm currently buying my house from the local authority but the estate agents iv been to are all about getting the most money and comparing it to other modern fully energy efficient properties in the area!! I want rock bottom valuation taking into consideration the amount of work this over 100 year old house with damp etc iv had a survey done on the house which highlights the works needed . Any help would be great feel like it will never happen.

Have you tried Forkin’s in Bray? Matt and Karl are both very approachable guys and decent lads. Explain your case and see what they think. Just to say - I know myself from dealing with family estate that despite the age or condition of property, in order that a valuation isn’t challenged by the relevant authority (in your case the local authority, in mine it was the probate office) valuations have to be both realistic (taking into account the age/condition of a building) and also commensurate with the going rate for similar properties in the locality of like age and condition and potential. One of the key words there is ‘potential’. North Wicklow is second only to Dublin in property values, so even a modest, former council house (now highly desirable in N. Wicklow) is going to command serious money I’m afraid to say, in this instance. The valuer can only do so much, within certain perimeters, and have to be able to justify the value they put on a property in the event that it is challenged. Best of luck with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Have to you tried the property price register for sales in the location. That will tell you what the market is rather than your assumption

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

You won't go wrong with Rob Downey, Lovely fella, and has a North Wicklow office in Bray

http://www.downeyproperty.ie/

21/25

Advertisement