Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive

Options
  • 16-08-2018 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey,

So I'm going out of my mind thinking all sorts I'm 25 and my partner is 27 we have been trying for 6months and getting no where.

I know it takes time but when do we draw the line and speak to a professional?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Are you tracking your cycles and using ovulation sticks? The recommendation is usually a year of trying for under 30's (or 35's maybe) then 6 months over. Its no harm going to your doctor to check your bloods, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Shasha2016

Are you tracking your cycles and using ovulation sticks? The recommendation is usually a year of trying for under 30's (or 35's maybe) then 6 months over. Its no harm going to your doctor to check your bloods, etc.

My cycles are very spot on very 28 days. I used ovulation sticks the last 2 months and got the positive reading did the business but obviously still nothing. I will check in with the doctor for bloods. Thank you 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Shasha2016 wrote: »
    My cycles are very spot on very 28 days. I used ovulation sticks the last 2 months and got the positive reading did the business but obviously still nothing. I will check in with the doctor for bloods. Thank you ��

Can I suggest hopping onto the reddit forum tryingforababy? They are awesome and there is a bucket load on information to be learnt. Not saying it will help but it might feel like its useful in the meantime.

Bloods are no harm either

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Stellasmurf

There is so much info out there on forums but I would recommend a book called Taking Charge of My Fertlity. Really helped me understand how everything works, it should be taught in schools.

There is so much info out there on forums but I would recommend a book called Taking Charge of My Fertlity. Really helped me understand how everything works, it should be taught in schools.

Definitely should be taught in schools. I was horrified at how little I actually knew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Shasha2016

I actually thought I was the only one who was clueless before I started this. I honestly thought it was simple and a piece of cake ....how wrong was I!

Thanks everyone ill take all your advice on bored

Shasha2016 wrote: »
    I actually thought I was the only one who was clueless before I started this. I honestly thought it was simple and a piece of cake ....how wrong was I!

Thanks everyone ill take all your advice on bored

Best of luck. And for the positive, it can take time and it can still happen. It took 10 cycles for me this time but I’m here 31 weeks. I was only 2 cycles off heading in for tests. Fingers crossed for you

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Men are even more clueless.It's pretty unbelievable.

Advertisement