If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HiFi Bundle

Options
  • 16-08-2018 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, all

I am interested in the hifi bundle of the Onkyo A9010 and Monitor audio Bronze 2.
    Can you quote me a price for this in sterling and euros and can you recommend a decent inexpensive speaker cable to suit these two.

thanks
    P

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ptkrdhn wrote: »
    Hi, all

I am interested in the hifi bundle of the Onkyo A9010 and Monitor audio Bronze 2.
    Can you quote me a price for this in sterling and euros and can you recommend a decent inexpensive speaker cable to suit these two.

thanks
    P
    Hi ptkrdhn,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

The Onkyo A9010 and Monitor Audio Bronze 2 are available in a bundle at £399 / €469 ( Euro pricing includes shipping) - they are a G R E A T  combo and sound fantastic.

The Monitor Audio Bronze 2 are available in Black / White Oak / Walnut and all finishes are currently available from stock.

If you wanted to add a budget cable I would add the Cambridge Audio Symphony 100 which is just £1.19 / €1.29 per meter:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-900187-symphony-100.aspx?swapstore=1

However to be honest the A9010 / Bronze 2 combo really will get the best out of a better speaker cable and if your distances are not too long I'd recommend the Audioquest FLX/ Slip 14/4 which is £7 / meter:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200247-flx-slip-144.aspx

This really is a revealing cable with great bass weight and well worth an extra few £'s in the context of the overall system,

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ptkrdhn

Hi John,

The  Audioquest cable is a bit more than I had budgeted for but out of interest what price could you do 4 metres with banana plugs fitted? Maybe you can sway me with a nice deal. Also, I will be in the market for some speaker stands at a later date. Can you recommend some to me for future reference ?

P.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi John,

The  Audioquest cable is a bit more than I had budgeted for but out of interest what price could you do 4 metres with banana plugs fitted? Maybe you can sway me with a nice deal. Also, I will be in the market for some speaker stands at a later date. Can you recommend some to me for future reference ?

P.
    Hi ptkrdhn,

I could do 4 meters with 4 pairs of banana plugs for £40.

If you are looking for a good set of speaker stands I would recommend the Mission Stancettes at £69. They are very good stands and would fit well with the Bronze 2s.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi

I'm still interested in this A9010/Bronze 2 bundle having not pulled the trigger on it before. However, now I would like to add the Onkyo NS6130 network player to it.
    can you quote me a price for this,please?

Hi

I'm still interested in this A9010/Bronze 2 bundle having not pulled the trigger on it before. However, now I would like to add the Onkyo NS6130 network player to it.
    can you quote me a price for this,please?
    Hi Ptkrdhn.

Thanks for coming back again.

The deal on the A9010 and the Bronze to is still active at the £399 or 469 Euro and also still offer the cable deal at £40. (4 meters and 4 pairs of banana plugs).

If you wanted to add in the NS6130 I could offer it with the above for £175 or 206 Euro

Total would be £614 or 723 Euro.

You can pay in which ever currency works out to be cheapest.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Advertisement

Hi, Kenny,
    Thanks for getting back so quick. If I go for the sterling option what are the delivery charges I would be facing?
    As I understand it, it is per order not per item. If that makes sense. Thanks.

Hi, Kenny,
    Thanks for getting back so quick. If I go for the sterling option what are the delivery charges I would be facing?
    As I understand it, it is per order not per item. If that makes sense. Thanks.
    Hi Ptkrdhn.

Normal delivery charge is just £6.99 but I can offer free shipping on the whole order for you.

I also forgot to check if you required the speaker stands quoted for above as I did not add them to the £614 price.

Not going for the speaker stands just yet, Kenny. Considering my options, right now. Will pm you soon, thanks again.

Not going for the speaker stands just yet, Kenny. Considering my options, right now. Will pm you soon, thanks again.
    No problem at all Ptkrdhn.

Drop me a post when you are ready :)

Hello again,

I'm looking to upgrade my set up. At the moment I have a Onkyo A 9010 paired with Monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers with a Yamaha wxad10 providing most of my listening source these days. I am considering upgrading one of these as a first step. I would be interested to know, in your opinion which one of these should be the first. I am thinking it would be the speakers but I'm open to your input. my budget is between 500 - 600 euros... The room size is 4m x 3.5m and I mostly listen to rock/pop/folk music, if that helps.

Regards,

Patrick

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Patrick, great to hear from you again!

Upgrading the speakers would definitely give the most noticeable jump in sound quality as the tone of sound would change quite drastically (depending on the speakers). For around that budget I would recommend the Fyne F500. These speakers are a huge upgrade over the Bronze 2s, especially for clarity and vocal representation. The soundstage is more accurate and the bass is a lot more controlled. They are a bit outside the budget at 749 euro but for a bookshelf speaker nothing comes close to it at that price for sound quality:

Let me know what you think of these!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.