Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Origin Access Premier

• 16-08-2018 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭

Anybody had a look at origin access premier ? 100€ for one years access includes a good back catalogue but more importantly FIFA 19 Madden 19 , Battlefield 5 and others with all add-ons and expansions and it's the ultimate editions your getting .

I know it's like library access where you lose them if you don't renew but so what , sports games are updated yearly and for example battlefield v will be a fraction of the cost in a year . Any thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I was looking into it the other day, and think it's a pretty good deal provided you're into at least a couple of their big franchises. Personally I'd like Madden, but don't really dig Battlefield or FIFA so I'll be giving it a miss for now. It did have a good few smaller titles that I have on my Steam wishlist, but they're regularly cheap enough on Humble, Fanatical etc that it makes more sense to get them there (and get to keep them obviously).

Having said all that, if Anthem actually turns out to be great, I'd look into it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

It seems like a good deal,

But.....

I like to own my games.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I know what you mean but technically we don't actually own any of our games and only get to use a license to play the games so that they could be revoked at any stage especially with digital ones

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't really case about the ownership. Its a decent offer if you like their games. I'd probably get Fifa, and will get Anthem, but that's about it. Not sure it's worth €100 up front, but i'll probably do it for a month or two anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I got a years subscription. I won't say I enjoy their games but I end up buying them for my sins anyway, I would have expected myself to buy Madden, FIFA and Battlefield this year and probably Anthem next year so that's a pretty major saving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

I signed up during the week. I have EA Access for the Xbox and while that's great, this fairly blows it out of the water if you happen to have a PC as well and play even a couple of EA titles.

I would probably would have been buying Battlefield V and FIFA 19 day one so I already feel like I've saved money, plus I'd play a fair bit of Madden and the back catalogue has a load of stuff I want to play, Batman games, Mad Max, Crysis. Happy out with it so far.

I get the argument about not actually owning the games. Rory McIlroy PGA Tour was taken off EA Access recently (though it might be back now) due to licensing issues which was a bummer if you still played it but that was a bit of a unique case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I think if you are planning on buying 2 or more of the games and factor in the expansion pack cost they would set you back , its as good a deal as you would ever get from EA.

I know some people prefer to own games but if in 1 years time you don't renew you would buy the titles for a fraction of what they are looking for now. People are using Spotify and Netflix now without a second thought about not owning the media, so I think there is space in the gaming realm for the same service.

Plus, owning a Fifa or Madden is never really worth much. It's not like you get anything a year later when trading it into Gamestop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

do you have access to dlc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Skerries wrote: »
    do you have access to dlc?

Yes all DLC is included (BF5 anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Tempted by this myself. Anthem is gonna be an auto buy for me, and I want to play a Way Out at some point. Getting Madden for only a few quid more is a decent bargain. Will probably pick it up when I eventually convince herself to sit down and play A Way Out with me, or my 10 hr Madden trial from the cheaper Origin access version runs out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Signed up to it since I was going to be buying Madden anyway, and it's phenomenal value. Everything is working perfectly on it for me, huge selection of games, I got Madden a week before launch (yes, full game with no restrictions whatsoever) and will for FIFA (which I only have a tiny interest in, but it's a nice to have), BFV and Anthem. The library of others games is absolutely huge as well - yes they are not to own of course, but there must be at least a dozen games in there that I have a big interest in (some of which I already own though), plus another 15-20 that I'd love to give a whirl.

It goes to show how much they depend on MTs, but if you have no interest in them as I do not, you'll be making out like a bandit with this.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Signed up to it since I was going to be buying Madden anyway, and it's phenomenal value. Everything is working perfectly on it for me, huge selection of games, I got Madden a week before launch (yes, full game with no restrictions whatsoever) and will for FIFA (which I only have a tiny interest in, but it's a nice to have), BFV and Anthem. The library of others games is absolutely huge as well - yes they are not to own of course, but there must be at least a dozen games in there that I have a big interest in (some of which I already own though), plus another 15-20 that I'd love to give a whirl.

It goes to show how much they depend on MTs, but if you have no interest in them as I do not, you'll be making out like a bandit with this.

Can you tell me are all the add-on packs for bf1 included ?

Can you tell me are all the add-on packs for bf1 included ?
    Will do when I'm back home this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I am getting a new PC soon for gaming and other stuff, I was looking to get Fifa 19, which comes with a retail price of €89.99 for the ultimate edition.
    To pay €100 for a year's access to what Origin Access Premier offers is pardon the pun, a game changer. Great value and I think it will ultimately make EA more money as it is hard to ignore the value it offers.
    Once a player wants to play more than 1 EA game it makes so much sense to get OAP. unfortunate acronym...

RobertKK wrote: »
    I am getting a new PC soon for gaming and other stuff, I was looking to get Fifa 19, which comes with a retail price of €89.99 for the ultimate edition.
    To pay €100 for a year's access to what Origin Access Premier offers is pardon the pun, a game changer. Great value and I think it will ultimately make EA more money as it is hard to ignore the value it offers.
    Once a player wants to play more than 1 EA game it makes so much sense to get OAP. unfortunate acronym...

Certainly good value at the moment unfortunately EA being EA will undoubtedly ruin it in a short space of time by including less and less and raising the price , but still even if you got a year out of it how bad

Can't see them doing that tbh, and I think this is the future model for how companies will release their games.

It is Netflix for gaming. It makes sense and I can see EA doing very well from it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I was gonna get FIFA for PS4 this year, it's the first year I've owned one, but between that, Battlefield and Anthem being included, I'm sorely tempted.

Shiminay wrote: »
    I was gonna get FIFA for PS4 this year, it's the first year I've owned one, but between that, Battlefield and Anthem being included, I'm sorely tempted.

Your save is kept so you could jump in and out of subbie and still have the games when you want them.

• Advertisement

Not sure if it's a big deal or not, but I also appear to have access to the BFV beta through this.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's a big deal or not, but I also appear to have access to the BFV beta through this.

It's an open bata now, so everyone should have access.

Shame it's not supposed to be very good :(

Kiith wrote: »
    It's an open bata now, so everyone should have access.

Shame it's not supposed to be very good :(

Not really my kind of game anyway (I think I completely maxed out my life of online FPSers with MW2... yes, still) but that's still a shame after how much interest BF1 garnered and the fact I guess I own the yoke either way. Hopefully they make some quick adjustments to fix the issues!

I signed up last week and have got 5 games so far.
    The 10% discount on games that one has to buy to get makes them cheaper than Steam for some things, like the Witcher III, the game of the year edition is €49.99 on Steam, but €44.99 on Origin. The standard version is €29.99 on Steam and €26.99 on Origin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

The GOG Witcher III, the game of the year edition is only €19.39 on CDkeys.

For the Witcher 3 you will get it for less than €20 for goty edition in a sale on gog . Just be patient .

Finley got premier access the other day got madden 19 and shadow tactics so far , so basically nearly paid for itself already for the year sub

I doubt you'll get it for more than a Euro or two under €20, and it's not worth the saving. I would say to just go get it now, and look forward to enjoying one of the best gaming experiences you'll have ever had - and it's a looong game, so should see through for a good while.

This is really proving its value to me at the moment bfV , mass effect Andromeda, shogun shadow tactics, madden 19.

I'm pretty happy with it as well. Playing Fifa and BF5, and also have all the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games through it, which will be getting played through over the next few months. And there's Anthem, which might be ok.

• Advertisement

So, got this in october - 1 year sub so far have played

Madden 19
    BF5
    Shadow Tactics
    They Are Billions
    Anthem
    Dragon Age - latest one - didnt like the engine or the controls much -

So defo getting my value out of it this year with nearly another 6 months left on it .

How is everyone else getting on with it ?

Just an update on this.

Not going to renew my sub. There is not enough info on what games will be included for the coming year , for example the new star wars title etc.

Will rejoin if they add a few additional AAA titles.

Dropped mine just after Anthems release.

lol moved to XGP for 5 the cheap few months thing, will rip tru their games quick enough.

Have all the Ubi games already so no point in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I was on the fence but at 99€ provided I get more than 2 games a year from it I'll keep it going. I tried the xbox games pass to in comparison but I just preferred the titles on EA.

I got rid of mine as well. Got a fair bit of use out of it, and i will go back for a month for Fifa and a few others, but no need to keep it active the whole time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Glad I saw this, my EA access was about to auto renew next week. Haven't used it since Anthem.

• Advertisement

Glad I saw this, my EA access was about to auto renew next week. Haven't used it since Anthem.

I got reminder emails from 1 month before renewal. In fairness defo got more than my monies worth this year but need an idea of the road ahead before going for an 1 year renewal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Looks like Anthem has been added to the base sub now.

Wasn't it there before? Or was it only on the premium service? Might give it a go at some stage again, as i did enjoy it briefly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Was on the premium sub before. Just the basic one needed now

Advertisement