Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student advice

Options
  • 17-08-2018 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I need some advice I went back to college when my son was just under 1 I'm now 24 that was 2 years ago I done a plc course and only passed 3 modules I needed distinctions in everything but it was hard because he was so young and he got sick a few times throughout the year I've being on one parent family since h was born he's now 3 and I want to give him a good life and get myself back to education what's my options I have no leaving cert and failed my junior cert I was stupid didn't think it was important what's my options I don't want to do a plc course again so what other options do I have to get into college because being on social welfare forever just isn't for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HistoryMania

It is too late now to go through the CAO to do a level 7 or level 8 course.

Are you sure you don't want to do anything PLC? The Access course are great. They let you get a feel of different subject, plus will let you know if you are ready for third level education.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think it would make a huge difference to how you would get on in college if you could get a positive experience of educational success behind you first.

What subject area would you like to study?
    What was the PLC you tried before?

Your life experience and skills you learned while raising your son will all be plusses this time round.

Advertisement