Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pictures of your bike

• 17-08-2018 9:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭

I thought this would be a good way to start some traffic in the forum - put up pictures of your current mountain bike.

I'm riding an old Santa Cruz Bullit, it's getting well on in the years at this stage but still rides great. It's very heavy so it's a real slog on the uphills (but surprisingly good on technical climbs if you have the energy) but worth it when you start coming back down.

I might look at swapping out the wheels for something a lot lighter and getting a less DH orientated fork in the future as they're overkill for my riding but I'm not sure how the costs would stack up in comparison to buying a new bike, particularly as I could use the bike to work scheme.

458587.JPG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

29 er ;) epic comp carbon 2015 secured to a kettlebell in hard concrete mix! #security #don'tloseyourkeys!

ghnoPXS.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

This is my Cannondale Trigger. Great bike, but was always a little small for me. It's being replaced by an Orbea Rallon in the next couple of weeks, and as such is up on adverts

MDBhODliMjQzNjFhODg2NjBiOWQzZmJhMjZkNTU4YjF5hfzyVoqc08BJJmrddI0-aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMGY1NmM4YmJmYWY2NDExNGExNGUzYmYxZDlkYjZlMjU4ZTczMjdiMGQ4ZDlhNTllM2FjMGRkMmNmNDY0MGU0MS5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjcyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

bogmanfan wrote: »
    This is my Cannondale Trigger. Great bike, but was always a little small for me. It's being replaced by an Orbea Rallon in the next couple of weeks, and as such is up on adverts

MDBhODliMjQzNjFhODg2NjBiOWQzZmJhMjZkNTU4YjF5hfzyVoqc08BJJmrddI0-aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMGY1NmM4YmJmYWY2NDExNGExNGUzYmYxZDlkYjZlMjU4ZTczMjdiMGQ4ZDlhNTllM2FjMGRkMmNmNDY0MGU0MS5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjcyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Good call on the Rallon. Have one myself (I'll stick a pic up when I find one). It's not stock, but loving it. Lot of guys riding Rallon's last year at the Enduros - they were doing a deal on them - and they were all very happy with them. Anyone I've met with one loves them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

36356993_1872737852748624_7101504991147327488_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=d5833af3ba1779942095a34b63a8d487&oe=5BE74878

Wrong side but hey this is the mtb forum :D built it up from a brand new Cube stereo 140 SL frame a few months ago. Loving it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

did you deliberately position the bike so the mud spatter on the wing of your landie looks like it was coming from the rear wheel of the bike?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Three bikes; from newest to oldest.

Nukeproof Mega Factory (Carbon, 27.5) unboxed
    458620.JPG

And after practice at a race in May 2018
    458621.JPG

Klein Attitude Race Custom (old photo, since added Crank brothers candy pedals, upgraded Hope brakes, added a Magura Vyron wireless dropper post)
    458622.JPG

Orange Prestige; needs a lot of work. Planning on having the frame paintwork restored and will need to strip/service/replace a fair few bits I should imagine as it's not been ridden in a while.
    458623.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Nukeproof Mega
    ftezkn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gnarbarian

My 2015 Giant Trance 2 (fifty shades of blue)
    d387uv0.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

steamsey wrote: »
    Good call on the Rallon. Have one myself (I'll stick a pic up when I find one). It's not stock, but loving it. Lot of guys riding Rallon's last year at the Enduros - they were doing a deal on them - and they were all very happy with them. Anyone I've met with one loves them.

Yeah, got the chance to demo one for 2 hours in the GAP a few weeks back. Awesome machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,970 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

I hired this bike in GC a couple of years ago, just like this pic so posting it up..

ilj40l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

did you deliberately position the bike so the mud spatter on the wing of your landie looks like it was coming from the rear wheel of the bike?

no but it did work out pretty sweet :) good thing i never clean the 110 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Zoom zoom.. rocky mountain element.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Zoom zoom.. rocky mountain element.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    I hired this bike in GC a couple of years ago, just like this pic so posting it up..

Specialized Enduro Elite if I'm not mistaken? The missus loves hers.

Gran Canaria?

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Gran Canaria?

Yea, up at about 1200m elevation, downhill all the way to the coast..

Lemming wrote: »
    Specialized Enduro Elite if I'm not mistaken? The missus loves hers.

Think so yea...

didn't like the bike much myself...went back with my own the next year.

Yea, up at about 1200m elevation, downhill all the way to the coast..

I was actually trying to be a smart ass - thought it was the Grand Canyon! :o

Big Nasty wrote: »
    I was actually trying to be a smart ass - thought it was the Grand Canyon! :o

Ha! :D

Would luv to go MTB'ing in the Grand Canyon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

My Whyte t130 rs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

p5pb16164746.jpg

My process 111, picked it up last year and changed the tyres and brakes. Can't recommend it enough esp for the likes of the gap.

JJJJNR wrote: »
    p5pb16164746.jpg

My process 111, picked it up last year and changed the tyres and brakes. Can't recommend it enough esp for the likes of the gap.

I used to ride one of those, they were way ahead of their time. I found the head angle was a little steep and they would have benefited from boost spacing but it was a hooligan bike.

p5pb16164746.jpg

Nice looking bike. 29er right? Did you move to 29 from 26 or 650b? Notice big difference?

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I used to ride one of those, they were way ahead of their time. I found the head angle was a little steep and they would have benefited from boost spacing but it was a hooligan bike.
    Nice looking bike. 29er right? Did you move to 29 from 26 or 650b? Notice big difference?

yeah its a bruiser, scares the sh*te out of me, came from a trance to this, there’s a massive difference still corners really well but its pinned on any gnarly stuff I've came across. Still breaking her in to be honest.

yeah its a bruiser, scares the sh*te out of me, came from a trance to this, there’s a massive difference still corners really well but its pinned on any gnarly stuff I've came across. Still breaking her in to be honest.

So loving the 29 by sounds of it. Went 26 to 27.5 last year and noticed a lot more confidence over drops, it can take bigger hits even though it had same travel as the 26 @ 160mm. No real loss of cornering, but it had 780mm bars that did not suit me at all so felt a bit weird on it til I cut bars down to 740, feels great to me now - got bit more agility back.

Must give a 29er a bash again soon, tried a Cannondale lefty 29er and it was grand, but can't trust the lefty myself! Need to see two forks up front to feel safe!

One thing I'd suggest with it is that if you can afford it, get a 150mm or longer dropper post, it will give you way more clearance descending.

So loving the 29 by sounds of it. Went 26 to 27.5 last year and noticed a lot more confidence over drops, it can take bigger hits even though it had same travel as the 26 @ 160mm. No real loss of cornering, but it had 780mm bars that did not suit me at all so felt a bit weird on it til I cut bars down to 740, feels great to me now - got bit more agility back.

Must give a 29er a bash again soon, tried a Cannondale lefty 29er and it was grand, but can't trust the lefty myself! Need to see two forks up front to feel safe!
    xxyyzz wrote: »
    One thing I'd suggest with it is that if you can afford it, get a 150mm or longer dropper post, it will give you way more clearance descending.

29 suits my riding style at the moment, complete chicken! so anything that helps get over trails the better.

I'm not sure how much of a drop I can get but its currently on 150, definitely am maxing out the dropper and want to slacken the head by a few degrees if that’s possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hardtail, Ghost Asket LC 5
    458947.jpg6034073

Full Sus, Focus Spine Lite
    458948.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

The only MTB I can have

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is that seriously a housing estate called bel eire?
    please make it be so.

Advertisement