Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACCA F5 and F6

• 17-08-2018 9:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Looking for a bit of advice, F5 Management Accounts and F6 Taxation are my last couple of F papers as did them a non linear order.

Due to other commitments I struggle to tackle more than one paper at a time and am planning to do one in Dec and one in March.

That said which of the two do you think would be more manageable in a short intensive 6 week course in early Spring, and which would you do over a full 12 week course and give more time to?

I did F9 over a 6 week course and found that fine, but needed much more time for the likes of F7 and two attempts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

I think that ACCA might help you to make your mind up as F6(IRE) is only available to sit twice a year - June & December. The others are all 4 sittings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

That certainly help to clarify the dilemma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Due to other commitments I struggle to tackle more than one paper at a time and am planning to do one in Dec and one in March.

Unless things have changed, the F6 IRL syllabus changes every calendar year. If you sit this and don't pass in December 2018 you may need to get some updated text books, etc. to cover changes for the 2019 exams.

While you might not want to wait til next June 2019 to sit it if your confident and have time to study for December. And I believe some years the changes are minor (e.g. update rates/cutoff points to match budgetary tax changes), but its worth looking into, if this is still the situation, particularly if your worried about needing more than one attempt.

Ari

Advertisement