Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

About 200 per year according to the excellent analysis by bobbysands81 near the bottom of this page:

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057671941/155

I think this might be the link.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057671941&page=124

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Neither link are showing the post, what is the post number?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

sillysocks wrote: »
    It’s how many they then took off the panel that would interesting, they could have a panel of 300 and only call 10 from that.

According to the AHCPS- the representative body for APs/POs- they had 374 new civil service members over the last 2 years- of which just over 220 were in 2016 and a smaller cohort of just under 150 in 2017. Note- this is both AP and PO grades.

Edit: Not all new members join the AHCPS- which means it could be a little higher- but I wouldn't imagine its substantially higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

Not sure about post number but it was on 27/06/2017 14:21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103923912&postcount=1859

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 anthrogal

I feel like it's going to be today that results issue...
    Anyone else feeling that?
    Either today, or tomorrow, and then call to second stage issues on Friday...
    oh my!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

The EO thread got their results today if I'm not mistaken, so could be next

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kilometres na gcopaleen

Do Stage 1 results ever issue on a day that isn't Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Subutai

They did for Third Secretary a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

EO 2016 came on a Tuesday and theyve just issued some more results for EO revenue today.

I think ours are more likely to be a Friday, more civil servants involved and more senior levels. They want people to be able to go home and hide/calm down instead of sitting beside happier colleagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭nazzy

The 2016 results were a Thursday at 12.47pm

I kinda think today too. But that is fading! 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Starblue

I've gotten AO and AP results since 2016 - got them on a Tuesday and a Thursday both between 4 and 5pm. The level of thought that goes into guessing what Pas are going to do is gas and helps kill the waiting time but people definitely overthink how they do things, they'll get the results out when they can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kilometres na gcopaleen

Starblue wrote: »
    I've gotten AO and AP results since 2016 - got them on a Tuesday and a Thursday both between 4 and 5pm. The level of thought that goes into guessing what Pas are going to do is gas and helps kill the waiting time but people definitely overthink how they do things, they'll get the results out when they can :)

Depends on your star sign too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Doubtitdub

Depends on your star sign too. :D

And the moon phase. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

If they issued another competition earlier today surely it’s unlikely they’d release two in the same day so queries etc wouldn’t get mixed up.

Anyone heard anything about the HPLG Wexford competition?

Shortlisting our this afternoon apparently.

250 applicants with only 29 being shortlisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭redarse

Shortlisting our this afternoon apparently.

Do you know for how many spots? Is it just the one vacancy in the wex competition?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

redarse wrote: »
    Do you know for how many spots? Is it just the one vacancy in the wex competition?

What do you mean? I'm not even working in Wexford and know of 3 vacancies in the county? Also keep in mind the panel has a proposed 18 month lifespan- they will potentially draw candidates from it until June 2020. If you look at the staffing profiles- you can see the retirements on the imminent horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭redarse

What do you mean? I'm not even working in Wexford and know of 3 vacancies in the county? Also keep in mind the panel has a proposed 18 month lifespan- they will potentially draw candidates from it until June 2020. If you look at the staffing profiles- you can see the retirements on the imminent horizon.

I'm sorry I'm not in the Civil Service so don't know how they run panels. I was wondering is this wexford specific competition being run to fill one specific vacancy or, by the sound of your reply, am I right in saying a panel will be formed to fill future vacancies that arise?

redarse wrote: »

I’ve no idea. This competition is entirely separate to the main Open AP comp and is only for vacancies in Dept of Housing in Wexford.

I would be massively surprised if there were more than 3 or 4 vacancies.

The panel for this competition lasts one year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Results are out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Not here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭1100010110

Only calling Dublin Kildare and Meath to stage 2 shortlisting

Got mine, disappointed! Didn’t make the cut, my verbal and numerical I think we’re ok but only 5 above the cut for the situational judgement. Overall was 8 away from the cut off but thought I had done better. Not to worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

i don't really get the wording... I reach the qualifying standard but then I got 96 when 114 was the cut off? I don't really understand that.. so I am qualified but I was 18 points off getting to second round? So I'm out of the comp so? I can't believe I passed the numerical. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

1100010110 wrote: »
    Only calling Dublin Kildare and Meath to stage 2 shortlisting

Surely they should have specified those counties from the start??. I got enough marks, but amn't in those counties

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

sillysocks wrote: »
    Got mine, disappointed! Didn’t make the cut, my verbal and numerical I think we’re ok but only 5 above the cut for the situational judgement. Overall was 8 away from the cut off but thought I had done better. Not to worry!

Exact same here, disappointed but it was good practice all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭1100010110

Chieftain wrote: »
    Surely they should have specified those counties from the start??. I got enough marks, but amn't in those counties

Same as

never_mind wrote: »
    i don't really get the wording... I reach the qualifying standard but then I got 96 when 114 was the cut off? I don't really understand that.. so I am qualified but I was 18 points off getting to second round? So I'm out of the comp so? I can't believe I passed the numerical. LOL.

Yeah I think that’s it, so you’ve to pass each section in its own merit and then the total score for Verbal and Situational judgement has to be over 114 to be called to the next round. I did much better in verbal and numerical so when the numerical is excluded that was me gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

no results for me yet, anyone else waiting?

Advertisement