Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭KaneToad

sillysocks wrote: »
    Got mine, disappointed! Didn’t make the cut, my verbal and numerical I think we’re ok but only 5 above the cut for the situational judgement. Overall was 8 away from the cut off but thought I had done better. Not to worry!

My mate just got his notification. He checked his account...shortlisting candidates who achieved a total score of 114 or higher and who have selected Dublin, Kildare or Meath.

FWIW, they scored 121.
    Verb 69
    Num 61
    Sit J 52

Low 400's in rankings overall

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gagsvonbuten

Would anyone in the top 100 please post what score they got, just for comparison purposes, I just crept over the line,115, and am ranked in the 700's

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Just got my text will log in when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

never_mind wrote: »
    i don't really get the wording... I reach the qualifying standard but then I got 96 when 114 was the cut off? I don't really understand that.. so I am qualified but I was 18 points off getting to second round? So I'm out of the comp so? I can't believe I passed the numerical. LOL.

There are 2 scores in the message. Your overall ranking and your score.
    For some reason they are calling people by score this time around. Anyone scoring higher than 114 is going to stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Passed but my worst result in all the years I've done these. 109 might as well be zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

delricyo wrote: »
    never_mind wrote: »
    i don't really get the wording... I reach the qualifying standard but then I got 96 when 114 was the cut off? I don't really understand that.. so I am qualified but I was 18 points off getting to second round? So I'm out of the comp so? I can't believe I passed the numerical. LOL.

There are 2 scores in the message. Your overall ranking and your score.
    For some reason they are calling people by score this time around. Anyone scoring higher than 114 is going to stage 2

Only if they selected Dublin Meath or Kildare!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Scored 131 but only Dublin area being considered for now, it's a little bit disappointing but delighted I passed was worried about the maths

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It looks like i got through....no idea how, first time I have done one of these and the numerical was a nightmare for me, just as well I passed it.
    Situational judgement 56 helped by looks of it.
    I got 119....and the qualifying was 114....

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭oodles19

Do you think they'll shortlist anyone who reached the qualifying standard but were under 114 overall at a later stage or is anyone with a score under 114 done for altogether? It's not clear from the mail what the position is there..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

If the last comp is anything to go by, there's a decent chance anyone who's scored over 80 and has Dublin down will be called forward in the next batch.

• Advertisement

Has anyone got their interdepartmental results yet?
    Or is it just the Open results being released so far??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Did better than I expected on the verbal and numerical bit just scraped the situational and got an overall score of 96 so that's me gone...

Surprised because I thought I failed the numerical and did good.on the situational! Does anyone have any tips on the situational one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

oodles19 wrote: »
    Do you think they'll shortlist anyone who reached the qualifying standard but were under 114 overall at a later stage or is anyone with a score under 114 done for altogether? It's not clear from the mail what the position is there..

They could go to a second batch but always hard to know.

Seems massive numbers went for it.

Just open so far for me

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭1100010110

Would anyone in the top 100 please post what score they got, just for comparison purposes, I just crept over the line,115, and am ranked in the 700's

Total score 133, top 50

If the last comp is anything to go by, there's a decent chance anyone who's scored over 80 and has Dublin down will be called forward in the next batch.

So you say that there's hope yet 😂

With my score of 96 I won't hold my breath but thanks for a glimmer of hope.

Did better than I expected on the verbal and numerical bit just scraped the situational and got an overall score of 96 so that's me gone...

Surprised because I thought I failed the numerical and did good.on the situational! Does anyone have any tips on the situational one?

Impossible to give advice on the situational. I suppose just "thinking like an AP" might be the only advice.

They may call a second batch for further down the rankings. But who knows how far they will go. And it could be a long long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kilometres na gcopaleen

oodles19 wrote: »

This is what I want to know as I was only a couple of points off the cut off.

My results for Verbal were abysmal and this is usually my strongest.
    My result for Maths which of course doesn't count was significantly higher than the two others.

I am livid, to be honest, with myself and the whole cruel process.

The score I got was for the open, I applied for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

I got almost identical scores to the 2016 competition.
    I wonder what they mean by Stage 2 shortlisting? I'm really not looking forward to doing those tests all over again

• Advertisement

1100010110 wrote: »
    Total score 133, top 50
    Wow that is excellent well done!

Impossible to give advice on the situational. I suppose just "thinking like an AP" might be the only advice.

They may call a second batch for further down the rankings. But who knows how far they will go. And it could be a long long wait

I've only been an EO for a year so Im in no rush, I applied for this with no expectations, really wanted the practice for any HEO or AO competition.

At least I know what to work on, and who knows, there may be multiple batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 irumudikkilli

Disappointed with the Verbal score (should have focussed more on Verbal practice instead of math if the math basically counts to nothing) and did not make it to stage 2:

Verbal 54
    Numerical 69
    Situational 53

Verbal+Situational 107

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I note that they don't give a top score for each category. My results are worse then usual too so it may be that the top scores aren't 80 as usual?

It looks, based on my own score that around 900-1000 are moving forward.

I got almost identical scores to the 2016 competition.
    I wonder what they mean by Stage 2 shortlisting? I'm really not looking forward to doing those tests all over again

They are shortlisting off the application forms I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kilometres na gcopaleen

Interdepartmental just landed but since qualifying score is the same, still don't make the cut.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Damn - got 113 and they're calling everyone with 114 or higher to Stage 2..........
    If only I'd answered one more question correctly........
    Damn, damn, damn........
    Also- got 66 in the numerical, and its not even counted :(
    Bah humbug.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

AGC wrote: »
    They are shortlisting off the application forms I think?

Yep - message says 'It is intended to shortlist based on the information contained on the application forms'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Made it through! I'm delighted.

I scored 124 and ranked around 250, for comparison. A few points either way are clearly moving people miles up and down the ranking.

Advertisement