Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Verbal 47
    Numerical 48 (I literally guessed the answers) don't know how I got 48!!!!!!
    Situational 55, i expected to score high in this
    total score for verbal & situational 102

I have been called forward to stage 2

1941 in order of merit

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭gerrykeegan

Inter dep results out now. Same qualifying score 114

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

I somehow passed but only just, if were to get called forward at some point I'm sure I'd fail the numerical I guessed most of them

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭WAW

I'm through too but they are only inviting those from Dublin, Kildare and Meath to Stage 2 shortlisting...what does that mean for the rest of us who selected other areas?
    Congratulations to those who made it through this stage and commiserations to those disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Subutai

AGC wrote: »
    They are shortlisting off the application forms I think?

They will likely only use the forms, if at all, before interview stage (stage 3). Pointless having to have staff read long and complicated forms prior to the validation of stage 1 results and the e-tray (which has previously culled a high percentage of applicants).

Makes much more sense to only go through that work after/as part of Stage 2 once you've counted out anyone who didn't pass validation or etray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭gerrykeegan

dar100 wrote: »
    Verbal 47

1941 in order of merit

Have you been called forward with a score of 102

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

1941 in order of merit

I'm delighted for you, but didn't they say they were only calling those scoring 114 or higher? Or are you in the interdepartmental rather than the open competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Verbal 47

1941 in order of merit

Are you sure you’re through to stage 2 though rather than just passed the tests? It doesn’t sound like you are on those scores

• Registered Users Posts: 3 marinejustine

I scored 113 and was placed in the mid 900's

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Verbal 47

1941 in order of merit
    I thought you had to score 114 to make it to stage 2?

• Advertisement

Have you been called forward with a score of 102

yes

Made it through! I'm delighted.

I scored 124 and ranked around 250, for comparison. A few points either way are clearly moving people miles up and down the ranking.

Lots of people at each point I'd say. I'm at 302 with a score of 123.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Starblue

Anyone else still waiting to hear? 🀔

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

yes

Afraid not pal, read the full message .

Well done on passing the tests hopefully there will be multiple batches.

So 119 got me low 500s in open and low 300s in interdepartmental.

Happy with that tbh...really shocked I got through

• Registered Users Posts: 43 irumudikkilli

Made it through! I'm delighted.

I scored 124 and ranked around 250, for comparison. A few points either way are clearly moving people miles up and down the ranking.

107, ranked 1493 for comparison.

Afraid not pal, read the full message .

Well done on passing the tests hopefully there will be multiple batches.

You may be correct, talk about clear as mud..... so much for the verbal reasoning:)

If it helps anyone, these are my scores:
    V 73
    N 58
    Sit. 47

Total 120

Place on OOM 484. I'm through but no good to me because of those locations. Happy enough with score but quite disappointed with my situational score. Would have thought I'd do a lot better than that.

dar100 - I'll help you with Verbal if you help me with Situational!! Are you an existing civil servant, HEO or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 marinejustine

For comparision, just got interdepartmental results and with score of 113 was ranked in low 600's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Passed just about 40 for Situational Judgement & 50 for Verbal. Let's hope for batch 2 or 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

The shortlisting process will be interesting to see the level of people whose forms make the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

The shortlisting process will be interesting to see the level of people whose forms make the cut.

Yes, it will also be interesting to see how long it takes them to go through the 900 or so application forms!

Veledan22 wrote: »
    Yes, it will also be interesting to see how long it takes them to go through the 900 or so application forms!
    They might need more staff to do that....I suggest an open competition with a panel...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Chieftain wrote: »
    Surely they should have specified those counties from the start??. I got enough marks, but amn't in those counties

Anyone that is surprised that the majority of opportunities from competitions are dublin centred at this stage doesn't deserve to be promoted, IMO.

Veledan22 wrote: »

Stage 2 will encompass the retesting for verification and the etray and any shortlisting based on forms. The order in which they do that is up to PAS. The most logical, and likely, way they'll do it is to have retesting and etray form the first part of stage 2, meaning that they'll only have to look at the application forms of those who pass those assessments, which will be a much smaller number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

gmisk wrote: »
    They might need more staff to do that....I suggest an open competition with a panel...

You'd wonder what grade of staff are responsible for shortlisting?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Addle wrote: »
    You'd wonder what grade of staff are responsible for shortlisting?

TCO's:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

It seems the 2016 comp had 4 batches so probably there will be at least another 1 or 2 batches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Verbal 47

1941 in order of merit

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but only verbal and situational are are used to determine your score so you got 102.

The maths isn’t taken into account.

Advertisement