Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

APcomp wrote: »
    Back on topic, it's a bit odd that PAS have still not contacted us with more information in relation to the supervised tests (and e-tray) considering they said they would be starting them on Monday week. Some proper notice would be appreciated PAS!

They heard you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Enova

They heard you!!

Can you see the 'My bookings' tab? I can't.

Top left menu- above the My Messages tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Booked in there.... Only slots are 8am or 1pm so looks like a day off needed.

Wonder how long it will take... It might say I must read instructions

I wonder is it a fault with my log in. Above 'my messages' is 'my applications' when I log in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CBCB

gmisk wrote: »
    Booked in there.... Only slots are 8am or 1pm so looks like a day off needed.

Wonder how long it will take... It might say I must read instructions

I don't see any instructions ? Wonder is it just verification assessment

Oh, Yes, that sounds like an error.

Oh, Yes, that sounds like an error.

And there was I thinking, briefly, that PAS had gotten very efficient :rolleyes:
    Thanks for the response.

CBCB wrote: »

There are no instructions. They will follow prior to the tests.

There are no instructions. They will follow prior to the tests.

Thanks ! Thought I was missing something

• Advertisement

Er what does that mean?
    I would have thought it was doing those electronic tests in person?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

is the job simulation and e-tray exercise the one thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

is the job simulation and e-tray exercise the one thing?

I believe that the job simulation is the situational judgement test but in a slightly different format: it is time-limited and requires you to indicate the best response of several, rather than rate multiple responses.

Ravelleman wrote: »
    I believe that the job simulation is the situational judgement test but in a slightly different format: it is time-limited and requires you to indicate the best response of several, rather than rate multiple responses.
    So this booking is for situational judgement? What does the other test involve? Any idea how long it might take? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

WAW wrote: »
    Can anybody who wasn't shortlisted tell me what kind of feedback/reply they got when they e-mailed for either AP or First Secretary ? Was it helpful and did it give you an idea where you fell down? Thanks.

I have requested an informal review for the First Secretary competition.
    Not holding my breath though.

gmisk wrote: »
    Er what does that mean?
    I would have thought it was doing those electronic tests in person?

That's what I was wondering. I just got a confirmation of a booking and nothing to state what for. I am assuming its verification assessments but if the slots are 8 am to 1 pm , it must be more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sorcha01

That's what I was wondering. I just got a confirmation of a booking and nothing to state what for. I am assuming its verification assessments but if the slots are 8 am to 1 pm , it must be more than that.

I have done tests like these before at PAS (different comp) and the tests slots are quite lengthy compared with the actual testing times. I was in at 08.00 and out by 10.30, when my familiarisation doc said it would be 12.00. They build in a lot of buffer.

Sorcha01 wrote: »
    I have done tests like these before at PAS (different comp) and the tests slots are quite lengthy compared with the actual testing times. I was in at 08.00 and out by 10.30, when my familiarisation doc said it would be 12.00. They build in a lot of buffer.[/QUOTe

Thanks for the response, that must be it, so !

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ahshurlookit

At this stage of the 2016 competition you did the verbal and numerical supervised tests, which you just had to pass. The scores didn't count towards anything. Then you did the situational test and finally the etray. If you didn't pass the previous three tests the etray wasn't marked. I think it took 4 hours in total with a 10-15 break after the first two tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Some people have got their slots for stage 2 for next week and PAS have not even given an indication when we might hear about the outcome of the informal reviews of stage 1.

Just say your review was successfully upheld, what sort of timeline do you have to sort out time off work, travel arrangements etc.

• Advertisement

quad_red wrote: »
    Some people have got their slots for stage 2 for next week and PAS have not even given an indication when we might hear about the outcome of the informal reviews of stage 1.

Just say your review was successfully upheld, what sort of timeline do you have to sort out time off work, travel arrangements etc.

Not at all being pedantic but just as an FYI, I noted that they are calling this next stage 'Stage 3', not Stage 2. I found that confusing because of previous communications from them, because it jumped from Stage 1 < Stage 1 shortlisting < Stage 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Stage 2 was shortlisting, it said so in the application documents.

Stage 2 was shortlisting, it said so in the application documents.

I see! In the messages from PAS, they also referred to Stage 1 shortlisting so I just was surprised when it jumped to Stage 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 testingpa

Just wondering if people received a message inviting them to make a test booking? I didn't but had the option available once I logged on and have just booked.

Also, are there only three days of testing (20,21,22 November) or have Monday and Friday been booked up already?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

testingpa wrote: »
    Just wondering if people received a message inviting them to make a test booking? I didn't but had the option available once I logged on and have just booked.

Also, are there only three days of testing (20,21,22 November) or have Monday and Friday been booked up already?

All five days were available originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

testingpa wrote: »

Yep, I got an email and text message advising me to check for messages on the PAS site.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 rcard

Notice up about the testing now.

Says: "I am also enclosing details of the e-tray sample exercise which you may access in order to prepare for the actual Assistant Principal e-tray assessment. This will enable you to become familiar with the e-Tray exercise and with some of the background materials for the exercise. Please do not be alarmed on the test day as it can be assumed that the actual etray exercise will be more difficult"

I am alarmed. At the syntax in this sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

interesting scenario example in the guidance material. I guess the key is in reading the detail but two or three of the actions are equally rated to me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Just to follow up on the informal review process outcome, still deemed not to have met the criteria, so proceeding to formal review.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 googleted

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Just to follow up on the informal review process outcome, still deemed not to have met the criteria, so proceeding to formal review.

Same here. Found the response to informal review to be very vague and pretty much pro forma. Provided no further detail on my why I was not shortlisted, just that the decision was being affirmed. Not much help to me in attempting to address areas where I apparently lack sufficient experience.

Advertisement