Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭APcomp

AGC wrote: »
    No, batch 2 will be people who passed the initial aptitude tests but did not hit 114

That's not true, according to PAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

No, batch 2 will be people who passed the initial aptitude tests but did not hit 114

Theyll work through anyone who got a passing mark and qualified in this batch first.

Those interviewing now are 1.1
    The next group from this stage 3 will be 1.2 and there may even be 1.3

After that theyll go back to those scoring below 114 for batch 2.

That's how they always do it from what ive seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CBCB

APcomp wrote: »

really ? I just emailed to seek clarification. The wording is a bit confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Did it say you met the qualifying standard for all of them? If so you might be in the next batch?
    I did meet the qualifying standard....by 1 mark :) sure we will see.
    I didnt put in the prep for job simulation but got a decent score in the etray.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭chrismean

So you think people scoring just below cut off maybe called in next batch? I hit 105. Within sniffing distance! But that’s the nature of a cut off, I know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I disagree. Batch 2 will not be called until all those from batch 1 have either been eliminated or called to interview. As the interviews will be done on a phased basis, batch 1 now splits into 1.1 (those above 106 points) and subsequent subdivisions (i.e. 1.2, 1.3, etc.) until all those who qualified from batch one are accounted for. The same will be repeated for batch 2 and any others they call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Ravelleman wrote: »
    I disagree. Batch 2 will not be called until all those from batch 1 have either been eliminated or called to interview. As the interviews will be done on a phased basis, batch 1 now splits into 1.1 (those above 106 points) and subsequent subdivisions (i.e. 1.2, 1.3, etc.) until all those who qualified from batch one are accounted for. The same will be repeated for batch 2 and any others they call.

Apologies I didn't realise and makes perfect sense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

chrismean wrote: »
    Do you know how to ask for a review?
    cant find the email for large volume recruitment..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Zeebeedee

Thank you, Ravelleman, appreciate the clarification (scored 100).

cant find the email for large volume recruitment..

APrecruitment2018@publicjobs.ie

• Advertisement

So if the pass for this stage was 81....do you think they will likely work through everyone who passed?

gmisk wrote: »
    So if the pass for this stage was 81....do you think they will likely work through everyone who passed?

that's what they did previously...

CBCB wrote: »
    that's what they did previously...
    Oh.....interesting!
    Thanks for that, maybe I will go an old interview skills class after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

I'd say so based on the 2016 comp. What's the OOM for a score of 81, or the highest OOM out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dan_dublin

Oh.....interesting!
    Thanks for that, maybe I will go an old interview skills class after all!

Yes, you should. I am the first group in and won't get that chance.

This is why less than a week's notice is not fair treatment for the first group. Everyone else can do mock interviews, we can't.

dan_dublin wrote: »
    Yes, you should. I am the first group in and won't get that chance.

This is why less than a week's notice is not fair treatment for the first group. Everyone else can do mock interviews, we can't.
    I suppose everyone in that first group is all in the same boat at least?
    I agree it is pretty unfair timing wise, they should really have given some more notice to people, especially considering the time of year.
    Looking at my diary next 3 weeks I have barely a day free.

I'd say so based on the 2016 comp. What's the OOM for a score of 81, or the highest OOM out there?
    If I had a clue what an OOM was I would answer you :)

It means Out Of Memory to me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

It means Order of Merit

HannahR31 wrote: »
    It means Order of Merit
    Ah, I dont have a clue there wasnt a ranking given as far as I know.

Sure will see what happens if they call more people down the line, best of luck to everyone called for interview next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Fredddy

So any idea how things work from here for those who reached the qualifying mark:

1) 1.1 Above 106 - Interview stage December - any idea how many are being called for interview?
    2) 1.2 Next highest group - maybe called for interview in January/February
    3) On down to those who got 81 or above

If the above is correct, how then does the placing work ... if say 20 are selected from interviews to the panel from the 1.1. does the highest scoring interview candidate from 1.2 then come in as 21?

• Advertisement

Fredddy wrote: »
    So any idea how things work from here for those who reached the qualifying mark:

1) 1.1 Above 106 - Interview stage December - any idea how many are being called for interview?
    2) 1.2 Next highest group - maybe called for interview in January/February
    3) On down to those who got 81 or above

If the above is correct, how then does the placing work ... if say 20 are selected from interviews to the panel from the 1.1. does the highest scoring interview candidate from 1.2 then come in as 21?

Yes.

I'd expect it to be a bit later than Feb for 1.2.
    Maybe more like April/May, possibly later until the panel is well getting through the 1.1 batch.

There's also regional candidates to be gotten through in Jan.

Anyone who can't make the interview, I'd strongly recommend asking to be included for interview in that batch.

Yes.

Maybe more like April/May, possibly later until the panel is well getting through the 1.1 batch.

Anyone who can't make the interview, I'd strongly recommend asking to be included for interview in that batch.

Thank you - that's very helpful.

Any idea of what kind numbers we might be talking about for the first round of interview - 1.1 ?

On the basis that there were about 40 per interview session there might have been 400 or so in the Stage 3 tests over the testing week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Yes.

There will be loads of vacancies in the lifetime of this panel. Anyone who passed the verification and the etray will get called to interview at some stage.

Definitely.

Yes.

There will be loads of vacancies in the lifetime of this panel. Anyone who passed the verification and the etray will get called to interview at some stage.

Definitely.

Barrimg something like a major economic crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭APcomp

Yes.

No chance I would say, very early February is my guess for 1.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ahnoyouregrand

I would be very interested to hear how many candidates were called in batch 1. 205 were called in 2016 comp, surely not that high?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megidje

Scraped in too! I don’t suppose there really is any way of knowing how many are being called now. Just guessing that 4 boards wouldn’t be asked to interview any more than 16 people a day over five days so near Christmas? But I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭trashcan

I passed verbal and numerical but have been rejected because my verbal reasoning score was 20 points worse than in the unsupervised test (69 v 48.) Genuinely stunned by this, as I've never done that poorly in the verbal before. My previous scores in other years were 59 and 69? Numerical is usually where I struggle and I scraped that by 2 points. I've asked for a recheck. Either I had a complete mare on the day,(which it didn't feel like at the time) or there's been a mix up. In a way I feel like I'm being punished for doing well in the first test.

Megidje wrote: »
    Scraped in too! I don’t suppose there really is any way of knowing how many are being called now. Just guessing that 4 boards wouldn’t be asked to interview any more than 16 people a day over five days so near Christmas? But I could be wrong.

You could be right - even if it was 6 candidates a day per board, that's 4 x 6 x 5 = 120. And given that probably only about 400 sat the Stage 3 tests so far...Sounds a bit high for 1.1., especially if people are talking about 205 for the whole of batch 1 from 2016 (1.1., 1.2, 1.3 etc...)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

Fredddy wrote: »
    You could be right - even if it was 6 candidates a day, that's 4 x 6 x 5 = 120. And given that probably only about 400 sat the Stage 3 tests so far...Sounds a bit high for 1.1., especially if people are talking about 205 for the whole of batch 1 from 2016 (1.1., 1.2, 1.3 etc...)?

The 205 was batch 1.1 (2016 comp). Batch 1.3 went over 700 and was called to interview 7 months later. Then they moved on to batch 2 from stage 1.

Advertisement