Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

AGC wrote: »
    I’m sure if people shared the names of who was on their board there would be more than 1?

Any comp I’ve done I’ve just been given who is on my board on specific dates and not other boards.

Maybe just the initials of the chairperson would be enough info?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 rcard

Maybe just the initials of the chairperson would be enough info?

What info do you need?

rcard wrote: »
    What info do you need?

If you could post the initials of the chairperson of your interview board, then others can compare with their own and post if they have something different. It's just a suggestion on how to figure out how many interview boards there are and therefore roughly how many candidates were called to interview in batch 1.1

If you could post the initials of the chairperson of your interview board, then others can compare with their own and post if they have something different. It's just a suggestion on how to figure out how many interview boards there are and therefore roughly how many candidates were called to interview in batch 1.1

OK!

MK
    12th 14th 17th & 18th December

CK
    13tH Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

I’ve heard that no AOs made the shortlisting for this competition.

Anyone know if this is true?

Untrue. I know of 4 AOs who made the shortlisting and at least one that has been called for interview next week.

But the vast majority of AOs I know (about 40) who made the qualifying score, did not make the shortlisting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Handy11

OK!

MK
    12th 14th 17th & 18th December

CK
    13tH Dec

Not the same as mine. So that’s that theory out the window!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

SFC1895 wrote:
    Untrue. I know of 4 AOs who made the shortlisting and at least one that has been called for interview next week.

SFC1895 wrote:
    But the vast majority of AOs I know (about 40) who made the qualifying score, did not make the shortlisting.

You know some amount of AOs who made the qualifying score

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

seamie78 wrote: »
    You know some amount of AOs who made the qualifying score

I do. I also know of 15-20 who didn’t make the qualifying score. Part of the Network I trained with

Handy11 wrote: »
    Not the same as mine. So that’s that theory out the window!

So that tells us that there are at least 2 interview boards. If you could post the same details for yours we may find out if there are more.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Handy11

So that tells us that there are at least 2 interview boards. If you could post the same details for yours we may find out if there are more.

MW
    COS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

There's at least 3 Boards then.

R.G.
    12th & 18th.

B.H.
    13th, 14th & 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Fredddy

ok, so how many are being interviewed in 1.1?

Fredddy wrote: »
    ok, so how many are being interviewed in 1.1?

My guess would be max 7 per day per board over 5 days for the 3 boards that we know of = 105 being interviewed

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JPX111

I think there may be four boards;

PS - 12th

KL - 13th & 17th

RG - 14th

AL - 18th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Best of luck to all over the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Ya, best of luck to my future mangers!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Addle wrote: »
    Ya, best of luck to my future mangers!
    How very festive!
    Awayy in a mangerrr

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TrooperJones

Hope everyone interviewing today has had a good time.

Rain's keeping off so you won't have to contend with that at least!

Hope everyone interviewing today has had a good time.

Rain's keeping off so you won't have to contend with that at least!

Thanks trooper.

Definitely four boards - four sheets of paper at reception.

Good luck to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MrMistoffelees

How long does it usually take for PAS to respond to request for informal review?

• Advertisement

4 boards, and they have 8 people a day

So between 129 and 160, depending on how many people are interviewing on the last day.

Might be making a large panel from this so.

So between 129 and 160, depending on how many people are interviewing on the last day.

does anyone know when we would be likely to hear? How long is it usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

does anyone know when we would be likely to hear? How long is it usually?

I interviewed for my current role in very late November that year and knew the result less than two weeks later in mid-December.

Based on this, I would, perhaps optimistically, anticipate mid-January for batch 1.1 results.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Aitor

Does anyone know if an AP1 competition is likely to be held following this current AP competition. They held an AP1 comp immediately after the last AP comp if I remember right.

Ravelleman wrote: »
    I interviewed for my current role in very late November that year and knew the result less than two weeks later in mid-December.

Based on this, I would, perhaps optimistically, anticipate mid-January for batch 1.1 results.

I asked about feedback before the interview, and the PAS rep said that it would be available in mid January, when the results are out.

That's a large number being interviewed. If they go with the same number for 1.2 there will only be two interviews held for batch one (based on roughly 450 people having been at Stage 3 and a 70% pass rate). Good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭chrismean

Fredddy wrote: »
    That's a large number being interviewed. If they go with the same number for 1.2 there will only be two interviews held for batch one (based on roughly 450 people having been at Stage 3 and a 70% pass rate). Good luck to all.

Do you mean a 70% pass rate from interview to getting to panel? Or from verification tests/etray?

chrismean wrote: »
    Do you mean a 70% pass rate from interview to getting to panel? Or from verification tests/etray?

based on roughly 450 people having been at Stage 3 and a 70% pass rate... to progress to interview stage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Let’s say 145 being interviewed. That will result in a panel of approx 100 (if previous years are anything to go by). 100 Dublin APs will be placed fairly quickly I’d say... making a guess that they’ll be looking to moving to the next batch around Q3?... maybe slightly earlier.

If you’re in the next batch get practicing etrays and interviews cos you’re going to get called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ahnoyouregrand

Let’s say 145 being interviewed. That will result in a panel of approx 100 (if previous years are anything to go by). 100 Dublin APs will be placed fairly quickly I’d say... making a guess that they’ll be looking to moving to the next batch around Q3?... maybe slightly earlier.

If you’re in the next batch get practicing etrays and interviews cos you’re going to get called.

Batch 1.2 will have to be interviewed first though?

Advertisement