Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

This is exactly what I did.

You will have no choice but to take your second offer.

If you were to accept the first offer, would you still get a second offer off the other panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bill1982

Any idea where in OOM PAS are at now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

HannahR31 wrote: »
    If you were to accept the first offer, would you still get a second offer off the other panel?

No. When you accept an offer, you're off the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

HannahR31 wrote: »

Nope, once you accept an offer you’re taken off the Order of Merit.

You can be offered the same post off both panels if there are no other vacancies at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 rcard

Im in clearance (number 10) and someone else was in the 20s and they are also.

• Advertisement

rcard wrote: »
    Im in clearance (number 10) and someone else was in the 20s and they are also.

I’m in mid 20s and haven’t heard .. do they ring or how does it work

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JPX111

Bill1982 wrote: »

I was speaking to someone in clearance last week and she advised that they had started clearance for the first 20 on the InterD panel and 31 on the open. She said they will be in contact via email when they start the next batch, which should be in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bowiegal

How long does it take from clearance to starting in the role on average?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 rcard

Bill1982 wrote: »

They emailed my gmail account and send Garda vetting and asked for email copies of references (or phone numbers)

I have to go through extra clearance . 12 weeks apparently, haven’t received any forms yet ! Could be a long wait

• Advertisement

I have to go through extra clearance . 12 weeks apparently, haven’t received any forms yet ! Could be a long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

Which departments or roles would require extra clearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

PCX wrote: »
    Which departments or roles would require extra clearance?

Justice for one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

SFC1895 wrote: »
    Justice for one

anything particularly sensitive or legal

Justice, GardaAttorney general's Office etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Defence and Prisons too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Sophia27

Hello sorry if I’m asking something already covered - do you think I might be in with a chance to progress to the next round? I am in the 720’s with a score of 116 after unsupervised tests. Have put down south east counties. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

Sophia27 wrote: »
    Hello sorry if I’m asking something already covered - do you think I might be in with a chance to progress to the next round? I am in the 720’s with a score of 116 after unsupervised tests. Have put down south east counties. Thank you

Hard to say really. But your score is quite high. So if/when they start looking at south east counties I'd say you will be in with a good chance

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fi314

Anyone know when the next batch will be called for interview. I just missed the cut(by ranking) before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

fi314 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the next batch will be called for interview. I just missed the cut(by ranking) before Christmas.

I think someone on here heard from PAS that Dublin batch 1.2 would be called forward in late January, so I guess that could be anytime between now and Friday :-). Likewise for the Regional batch that didn't choose Dublin, Meath or Kildare for either choice. We don't know what the Regional cut-off will be but 116 sounds safe to me Sophie27. Perhaps they will process batch 1.2 and the Regional batch together to make a decent cohort for stages 2, 3 and 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Anyone know where they are in clearance now please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I think someone on here heard from PAS that Dublin batch 1.2 would be called forward in late January, so I guess that could be anytime between now and Friday :-). Likewise for the Regional batch that didn't choose Dublin, Meath or Kildare for either choice. We don't know what the Regional cut-off will be but 116 sounds safe to me Sophie27. Perhaps they will process batch 1.2 and the Regional batch together to make a decent cohort for stages 2, 3 and 4.

Late February now for Dublin 1.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭APcomp

Late February now for Dublin 1.2.

Did you ring them lately or what? And they said that in as many words to you? Cheers.

APcomp wrote: »
    Did you ring them lately or what? And they said that in as many words to you? Cheers.

Yes, I rang them late the week before last, as I'd been told late January as well for the next round of supervised tests. They couldn't give me exact dates but said late Feb was likely.

Dublin 1.2 have had their supervised tests.

Next round of supervised tests is either Dublin batch 2 or Regional batch 1.1.

Dublin 1.2 have had their supervised tests.

Next round of supervised tests is either Dublin batch 2 or Regional batch 1.1.

Indeed, we are talking about being called for interview.

APcomp wrote: »
    Indeed, we are talking about being called for interview.

Except Taurens just said he was talking to them about supervised testing for Dublin candidates in February so now Im confused.

I expect to be Batch 2 Dublin so I'd like to have an idea! I currently have April in my head as an approximate guess.

Except Taurens just said he was talking to them about supervised testing for Dublin candidates in February so now Im confused.

I expect to be Batch 2 Dublin so I'd like to have an idea! I currently have April in my head as an approximate guess.

What's confusing about their post? "Late February now for Dublin 1.2."

My mistake - sorry, I was talking about the supervised tests (which I guess are batch 2?), *not* interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fi314

I think its probably clearly to refer to batch two as I think there will be a batch 1.2 and 1.3 called for interviews going by the numbers who passed the supervised tests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

Re Batch 1.2: on the 8th of January they said "it is anticipated that the second round of interviews will be held at some stage in February for candidates that have selected Dublin, Kildare and Meath and have met the qualifying standard in the previous round of verification".

So this is people who have done the supervised tests, and qualified but were shy of the cut off for the first round of interviews.

I would be interested if anyone has been on to them more recently though as their estimate may be better informed now.

Advertisement