Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

minky123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know - is Justice considered internal (for potential transfers) if you are in the Court Service?

They are considered separate bodies for transfer/promotional opportunities. You could apply via the civil service mobility scheme or the union magazines often have head to head swaps advertised. There is also the possibility of internal transfer within your own Department if feasible.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

minky123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know - is Justice considered internal (for potential transfers) if you are in the Court Service?

Courts Service have been their own separate entity since 1999, DJE have no involvement anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Anyone know where they are on the panel for clearance at the moment, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭JackReacher1980

I know someone in the 30s has their start date

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megidje

I know someone in the 30s has their start date

Would you know if they were on the open or Interdepartmental?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭JackReacher1980

Megidje wrote: »
    Would you know if they were on the open or Interdepartmental?

Interdepartmental. I’m in single digits on open and inter departmental-there’s only one digit between my placings on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Just got a message saying they shortlisted for all locations anyone above 106 on total score.

It says I’m not being brought forward because :

“The board’s comment in relation to your application was:

On their application form, candidate did not demonstrate, at the level required for the Assistant Principal role, sufficient evidence of Management/Leadership Experience and Judgement, Analysis and Decision Making”

Hopefully some will fair better. I probably didn’t spend enough time properly detailing my experience. Was in two minds as to whether I’d like the role anyway so that’s my decision made!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ammg

sillysocks wrote: »
    Just got a message saying they shortlisted for all locations anyone above 106 on total score.

It says I’m not being brought forward because :

“The board’s comment in relation to your application was:

On their application form, candidate did not demonstrate, at the level required for the Assistant Principal role, sufficient evidence of Management/Leadership Experience and Judgement, Analysis and Decision Making”

Hopefully some will fair better. I probably didn’t spend enough time properly detailing my experience. Was in two minds as to whether I’d like the role anyway so that’s my decision made!

I got the exact same. I was 113. Gutted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Got through shortlisting. Surprised and delighted.
    Any tips on the format of the next bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Is this for those that didnt make the cut already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have an interview on 12th of feb.....if anyone has any tips would be much appreciated, I havent had an AP interview before only a HEO one.

dar100 wrote: »

They shortlisted everyone who scored 106 and above, regions and Dublin.

They shortlisted everyone who scored 106 and above, regions and Dublin.

Up to now I think it was over 115/116 and only Dublin. So they’ve dropped the high score needed and included all regions.

Feck, i got 102. Id be pretty confident of meeting the key competencies too. Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

Got through shortlisting. Surprised and delighted.
    Any tips on the format of the next bit?

Congrats PhoenixParker and best of luck with the next stages. Commiserations to those that got cut on the shortlisting. Hopefully those of us just below 106 will be called later in Batch 3.

Out of interest, whats 106 on the OOM?

Out of interest, whats 106 on the OOM?

My score was 106 and I was 1576 on the OOM.

102 and i was 1950 FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭dee75

Got my regional shortlisting reply also. Score from online tests was 129.

Didn't make it through shortlisting though and they said it was management/ leadership criteria that I fell down on.

However I was successful in batch 1 of the 2016 competition and came 2nd in one of my counties. Got offered an AP role but turned it down at the time as it didn't suit.

So basically 2 years ago I met all criteria, scored very highly in tests and interview and got offered a job.

Now 2 years later (with significant professional development especially in the management and leadership side) I don't make it through shortlisting?

Bizarre!!

Ah well, their loss!!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Feck, i got 102. Id be pretty confident of meeting the key competencies too. Ah well

IF they are into batch 2 already I’d expect they’ll go for a batch 3

• Advertisement

Remind me wrote: »

IF they are into batch 2 already I’d expect they’ll go for a batch 3

Probably depends on what region you’re in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

sillysocks wrote: »
    Probably depends on what region you’re in too.

True, regional unlikely Dublin likely

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

Does the verification stage also include the etray? Or is it verification,then a separate stage for the etray, followed by a final interview stage?

Veledan22 wrote: »
    Does the verification stage also include the etray? Or is it verification,then a separate stage for the etray, followed by a final interview stage?

Etray is included

• Registered Users Posts: 14 minky123

Hi all

the verification stage included

verbal
    numerical
    situational judgement and
    the etray

Two sessions morning (start at 8am - went to about 12) and afternoon (start at 1?)

Etray was allowed two hours - you can wear what you like. Read the instructions carefully you need to bring photo and photocopies of things.

Watch the time!

Best of luck to all!

Did they give you the dates yet for Stage 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

dee75 wrote: »

Didn't make it through shortlisting though and they said it was management/ leadership criteria that I fell down on.

However I was successful in batch 1 of the 2016 competition and came 2nd in one of my counties. Got offered an AP role but turned it down at the time as it didn't suit.

So basically 2 years ago I met all criteria, scored very highly in tests and interview and got offered a job.

Now 2 years later (with significant professional development especially in the management and leadership side) I don't make it through shortlisting?

Bizarre!!

Ah well, their loss!!

Might well be worth an appeal, Dee. I have heard of them working occasionally. Seeing as the essential criteria haven't changed and you were previously judged to have met all the requirements... Nothing to lose, anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭trashcan

dee75 wrote: »

Bizarre!!

Ah well, their loss!!

Just shows up the random nature of the whole process really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

trashcan wrote: »
    Just shows up the random nature of the whole process really.

It's means other candidates were more qualified and raised the bar is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

It's means other candidates were more qualified and raised the bar is all.

No, it doesn't.

The bar is supposed to be "does this application form show that the person has the requisite skills and experience". The requisite skills and experience did not change between 2016 and 2018. Dee was jusdged to have had them in 2016. She then got more skills and experience. And was judged to not have them in 2018.

Advertisement