Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Addle wrote: »
    It has very specific requirements.
    True but I am a DBA at the minute.

I personally think the chance of me getting onto panel after interview for this (open AP) are slim, I generally think ICT people have a tougher time in general comps anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AP2019

gmisk wrote: »
    True but I am a DBA at the minute.

I personally think the chance of me getting onto panel after interview for this (open AP) are slim, I generally think ICT people have a tougher time in general comps anyway.

I agree, I think it can be hard to make a board who haven't got specific IT experience to see the scope of some IT work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Great for ye that there are so many ICT specific roles advertised so.

Great for ye that there are so many ICT specific roles advertised so.
    There generally havent been at AP, the ICT AP panel one and this one are first I have seen tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭APcomp

Results are out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭HannahR31

APcomp wrote: »
    Results are out!

I think I'll take it as a bad sign that mine aren't yet so, lol. Wasn't expecting to get through anyway!

Phew, made it! Good luck everyone!

I got mine....I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good luck everyone!

Now what does that mean? lol
    How many people are likely to get jobs?

Open Stream
    Interdepartmental Stream

What number do I need to be at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I got mine....I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good luck everyone!

Now what does that mean? lol
    How many people are likely to get jobs?

Open Stream
    Interdepartmental Stream

What number do I need to be at?

Congrats!

I'd expect everyone on the panel at this point to get an offer, probably within the next 3-4 months.

Congrats!

I'd expect everyone on the panel at this point to get an offer, probably within the next 3-4 months.
    Er AMAZING, thanks :)

I got below...no idea if that good or not....but I will take it!

Open Stream: 50s
    Interdepartmental Stream: 30s

• Advertisement

Same! Well done. Very relieved myself, it was my first go at it but wasn't looking forward to having to do it all again if it didn't go my way.

AP2019 wrote: »
    Same! Well done. Very relieved myself, it was my first go at it but wasn't looking forward to having to do it all again if it didn't go my way.
    Well done to you!
    No idea how long I will be on panel.....but hopefully something will come up.

I was same I was dreading having to go through the process again for the ICT AP, I suppose I should still apply for it but I will feel a lot less pressure anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

So are more non civil servants applying, or are they just getting better at passing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mariamujer

So pleased didn’t expect it. Low 20s open. Do I have a chance of a position I’ve no idea the ratio of interdepartmental places to
    open.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LORDLEPRECHAUN

I could be wrong, but seeing as they have called up batch 2.1 to do Stage three this last week (tests and etray), it's probably safe to say that anyone put on the panel will get called!

And Congratulations!

Commisserations to anyone who didn't make the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LORDLEPRECHAUN

So are more non civil servants applying, or are they just getting better at passing?

Not necessarily, but there would always be more applying in the Open comp than the InterD, as the Open would have all the current civil servants who applied for the InterD plus those not currently in the CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ahnoyouregrand

Made it onto the panel myself too. Happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭cyrils foxpit

I could be wrong, but seeing as they have called up batch 2.1 to do Stage three this last week (tests and etray), it's probably safe to say that anyone put on the panel will get called!

And Congratulations!

Commisserations to anyone who didn't make the panel.

I would assume so and a good portion of batch 2 who have yet to be called for interviews would have a fair chance also..they might even call a third batch for supervised tests. Well done all

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Fredddy

From what I hear they are moving through the open panel fast for Dublin from 1.1 with not too many left. I'd say the top 50 from 1.2 will place in the next 2 to 4 months maximum. Good luck to all those and to those doing the tests shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Handy11

Fredddy wrote: »
    From what I hear they are moving through the open panel fast for Dublin from 1.1 with not too many left. I'd say the top 50 from 1.2 will place in the next 2 to 4 months maximum. Good luck to all those and to those doing the tests shortly.

Ran through 35 in 6 weeks. Going very quickly. Well done all who made the next panel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

I know there's a dedicated AP ICT , but any evidence of anyone with strong ICT on the standard panel being matched to ICT jobs ?
    I've 20+ yrs and not sure if want AP outside of ICT ,though I'm only at supervised test stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭akasudonim

I know there's a dedicated AP ICT , but any evidence of anyone with strong ICT on the standard panel being matched to ICT jobs ? I've 20+ yrs and not sure if want AP outside of ICT ,though I'm only at supervised test stage.

Was wondering the same. Hadn't realised there was another ICT AP competition, so called the contact in PAS yesterday evening to ask your question. Didn't get her but will try again Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,002 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I know there's a dedicated AP ICT , but any evidence of anyone with strong ICT on the standard panel being matched to ICT jobs ?
    I've 20+ yrs and not sure if want AP outside of ICT ,though I'm only at supervised test stage.

I know of one case where somebody with strong ICT background was indeed placed into an ICT role, though ironically, I'm fairly sure they would have preferred a mainstream role in that particular case.

akasudonim wrote: »
    Was wondering the same. Hadn't realised there was another ICT AP competition, so called the contact in PAS yesterday evening to ask your question. Didn't get her but will try again Monday.
    I don't think PAS have much control or influence over where someone gets placed, once the Department has been chosen. The receiving Department seems to decide where to place the candidate, often at the last minute, apparently as the candidate arrives in the door on a Monday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bowiegal

Hi all, I’m gone into clearance and am 36 on interD. It was exactly 2 months between getting results and starting clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dan_dublin

Bowiegal wrote: »
    Hi all, I’m gone into clearance and am 36 on interD. It was exactly 2 months between getting results and starting clearance.

Did you start clearance on Friday or earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bowiegal

dan_dublin wrote: »
    Did you start clearance on Friday or earlier?

Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ahnoyouregrand

This may be a stupid question, but does the result we got yesterday include the remainder of batch 1.1 or is it a completely different panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Handy11

This may be a stupid question, but does the result we got yesterday include the remainder of batch 1.1 or is it a completely different panel?

Different panel. When 1.1 is used up, it progresses to the next panel. Flying through, so next batch will have no worries I’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 11 norahcam

SFC1895 wrote: »
    I submitted the briefing too early as I misread the phone message

What phone message? I don't remember any phone message. Oh gawd there I was thinking etray had gone ok. Maybe you could pm me. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Fredddy

Bowiegal wrote: »

Yes flying through the 1.1. panel for Dublin .... and up to about 60 on the Open list already. Well done to all who have made it through to now. At this rate, I can't see it being long before 2.1 are called up for interview

Advertisement