Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

norahcam wrote: »
    What phone message? I don't remember any phone message. Oh gawd there I was thinking etray had gone ok. Maybe you could pm me. Thanks

I'll message you now

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ahnoyouregrand

Fredddy wrote: »
    Yes flying through the 1.1. panel for Dublin .... and up to about 60 on the Open list already. Well done to all who have made it through to now. At this rate, I can't see it being long before 2.1 are called up for interview

Do we know how many are on 1.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

akasudonim wrote: »
    Was wondering the same. Hadn't realised there was another ICT AP competition, so called the contact in PAS yesterday evening to ask your question. Didn't get her but will try again Monday.
    I actually am in same boat so if you find anything out be brill if you could post, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CorkBhoy

Can someone tell me if Stage 3 has been run for Batch 2.1 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

CorkBhoy wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if Stage 3 has been run for Batch 2.1 yet?

It's running until this Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 CorkBhoy

It's running until this Wednesday.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Hi, I'm doing Stage 3 on Wednesday. Is it just me or are there very little samples for the Numerical and Verbal part? I'm clicking the link for but I only get a sample of about 2 questions, it used to be that you'd get a short sample assessment.

Also, I've never done an e-tray before, I'm going into this nearly totally unprepared due to other commitments, half thinking about just not turning up.

Was wondering the same. Hadn't realised there was another ICT AP competition, so called the contact in PAS yesterday evening to ask your question. Didn't get her but will try again Monday.
    I sent in an email to clarify this on Sunday I havent heard back yet, closing date for ICT AP comp is Thursday...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Hi, I'm doing Stage 3 on Wednesday. Is it just me or are there very little samples for the Numerical and Verbal part? I'm clicking the link for but I only get a sample of about 2 questions, it used to be that you'd get a short sample assessment.

Also, I've never done an e-tray before, I'm going into this nearly totally unprepared due to other commitments, half thinking about just not turning up.

In relation to your first point, I imagine the reason for not providing more examples is that you will have already done similar tests in stage 1.

Good luck with the tests if you go ahead with it. Getting this far has been no mean feat.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,002 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Go for it. If nothing else, it is practice or a trial run for a future, more serious go at a competition.

• Advertisement

I would go for it definitely, I only did the standard practice questions etc.
    Maybe have a read of this thread there some good tips.

The e-tray is fairly straightforward(ish) I thought, especially if you spend your day replying to emails like me!
    I would say use the time at the start wisely and read all the docs you can before emails start arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Whatsforya...

SFC1895 wrote: »
    I'll message you now

What phone message? 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

There is an option to do full-length practice tests on the shl website.
    https://www.shldirect.com/en/practice-tests

I agree with others, you should definitely give it a go when you have gotten this far!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭chrismean

Mervyn- I’d never attempted anything like an etray before. Some of the components tested are very similar to situational awareness stuff anyway. It’s a bit more thought provoking than bashing numbers into a calculator or deciphering convoluted texts. Give it a go - the risk/reward balance is in your favour ;)

Does anyone know roughly how long It took for the stage 3 results to come out for the previous batches?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JDoherty1560

Veledan22 wrote: »
    Does anyone know roughly how long It took for the stage 3 results to come out for the previous batches?

10 days i think

I have emailed PAS and phoned today...still no answer about this.
    Did you have any luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

All stage 3, batch 2 (ish) tests are now complete.
    The wait officially begins.

All stage 3, batch 2 (ish) tests are now complete.
    The wait officially begins.

Hopefully it will only be a couple of weeks, like with the last batches.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

Yeah, hoping to get the disappointment out of the way early to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Friday before Paddy’s Day is where my money is on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Well, I decided to go in the end, thanks for the encouragement. Glad I did but I fully expect to be rejected after today. I think if it's the same format next time I'll have a better chance. Best of look to all still involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dan_dublin

Morning folks, is there any news on the panels?

Last I saw was:

Interdepartmental: 36
    Open: ??

dan_dublin wrote: »
    Morning folks, is there any news on the panels?

Last I saw was:

Interdepartmental: 36
    Open: ??

Is this for batch 1.1 or 1.2?

Does anyone know how many people were placed on the panels from those batches?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Sy Snootles

As of lunchtime 22nd Feb the panels were as follows:

Open: 53
    Inter-D: 39

Contacted for clearance as opposed to placed.

Veledan22 wrote: »
    Is this for batch 1.1 or 1.2?

Does anyone know how many people were placed on the panels from those batches?
    I am guessing 1.1, 1.2 panel was only setup last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Sy Snootles

As of lunchtime 22nd Feb the panels were as follows:

Open: 53
    Inter-D: 39

Contacted for clearance as opposed to placed.

Yeah, 1.1. 1.2 won't be moving until 1.1 is exhausted and I know the open goes to at least 66 and the inter-D 49.

ParkRunner wrote: »
    Friday before Paddy’s Day is where my money is on

You’re probably right. It’s going to be a long few weeks waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JDoherty1560

Ballpark estimate...how many AP vacancies are there currently or likely to emerge in Limerick and Clare between now and the end of the life or the panel...are we talking 5 or 25? Or 55?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭akasudonim

gmisk wrote:
    I have emailed PAS and phoned today...still no answer about this. Did you have any luck?

Yes I spoke to the lady named as the contact for the ICT AP competition and she said it's an entirely different competition and therefore requires it's own application. I think it's too late now?
    TBH I decided not to apply. I'll see how this one goes.

Advertisement