Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

Would it be cheeky to email PAS and ask when the Batch 2 results will be out?

I had forgotten how horrible all the waiting around is with these competitions!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Veledan22 wrote: »

The wait feels twice as bad today as it did last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

I would have thought that the results could have been out last week. But then I heard about the last batch of tests on Friday. I would hazard a guess that the results will be out by the middle of this week.
    Just my guess though

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

delricyo wrote: »
    I would have thought that the results could have been out last week. But then I heard about the last batch of tests on Friday. I would hazard a guess that the results will be out by the middle of this week.
    Just my guess though

You're more optimistic than me. I'm assuming that it will be 5pm on Friday, just in time for the Bank Holiday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Summer2019

Can I please ask - do candidates get OOM three times?

1) after stage 1 tests at home
    2) after stage 2 - supervised tests/etray
    3) after interview

Is that the process? Or is there also another OOM after shortlisting?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Just the three OOMs. They'll all be listed in your messages on the publicjobs website.

Just the three OOMs. They'll all be listed in your messages on the publicjobs website.

Thanks !!

I have only done stage 1, although I passed, I didn't get the required cut off of 114 or 106 to be called to stage 2, so wasn't sure how many times you get OOMs.

Hopefully if they call more batches in the future they might reach me.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AP2019

Quick question, I'm on the panel for batch 1.2 so should be placed in a couple of months.

Does anyone know can I specifically request PAS not to assign me to my current Department?

Am I asking for trouble by doing so?

• Advertisement

Well I don't know about AP assignments, but when I was waiting to be assigned as a HEO, I rang PAS and asked them not to be kept in my current dept.
    They told me that they would make a note of that but couldn't guarantee it.

I also rang my own Dept too to let me them know, as many times departments like to keep staff especially if they have invested in them, in training courses etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭dee75

Rang PAS yesterday to ask when results of Stage 3 verification and Etray tests would be out. Told "at end of March".

So I will take that as any day between now and end of March....!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,002 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Summer2019 wrote: »

I also rang my own Dept too to let me them know, as many times departments like to keep staff especially if they have invested in them, in training courses etc.
    That must have made for an interesting discussion?

That must have made for an interesting discussion?

They were quite good actually, I just said that in order to get a bigger variety of experience and for career purposes I would like to work in other departments and if possible not to be kept there.

Having said that, they were a big department.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

dee75 wrote: »
    Rang PAS yesterday to ask when results of Stage 3 verification and Etray tests would be out. Told "at end of March".

So I will take that as any day between now and end of March....!!!!

I'm so sick of waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Sy Snootles

I'm so sick of waiting.

Even when you know you're on the panel, the waiting sucks. Although I realise sympathy may be limited..

I'm so sick of waiting.

I emailed PAS about it too and was told that it would be the end of next week at the earliest. So maybe we can narrow it down to sometime between the 22nd and the 29th :D

They're probably not in as big of a rush with Batch 2 since they already have the 1.1 and 1.2 panels in place.

Agree the waiting is horrible!

I emailed PAS about it too and was told that it would be the end of next week at the earliest. So maybe we can narrow it down to sometime between the 22nd and the 29th :D

They're probably not in as big of a rush with Batch 2 since they already have the 1.1 and 1.2 panels in place.

I'd have thought there might be a bit of a rush to get regional results out and interviews set up - am I right in saying there is currently no regional panel in place since the 2016 one expired on 31 December 2018?

Could that also mean there might be a few regional jobs waiting to be filled when the 2018 panel is up and running?

Summer2019 wrote: »
    Well I don't know about AP assignments, but when I was waiting to be assigned as a HEO, I rang PAS and asked them not to be kept in my current dept.
    They told me that they would make a note of that but couldn't guarantee it.

I was the opposite when being placed at HEO but a Department already had me on their list from PAS so I had to move.

This time around I'd rather move I think, for the reasons you've described, breadth of experience etc.

I'll call them when the panel starts moving for 1.2 and let them know. Cheers for your reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭APcomp

They would want to be in a rush, this point in the 2016 campaign the regional panels were out now, where as here the interviews haven't even been called yet!

• Advertisement

AP2019 wrote: »
    I was the opposite when being placed at HEO but a Department already had me on their list from PAS so I had to move.

This time around I'd rather move I think, for the reasons you've described, breadth of experience etc.

I'll call them when the panel starts moving for 1.2 and let them know. Cheers for your reply!

They requested you personally because they knew you from a previous stint there prior to the role you had when you were placed on the HEO panel, or they requested someone with your skillset and PAS identified you as the right match?

I'd have thought there might be a bit of a rush to get regional results out and interviews set up - am I right in saying there is currently no regional panel in place since the 2016 one expired on 31 December 2018?

Could that also mean there might be a few regional jobs waiting to be filled when the 2018 panel is up and running?

No you're right, there isn't any regional panel in place at the moment so there probably is a back-log of places to be filled.

No you're right, there isn't any regional panel in place at the moment so there probably is a back-log of places to be filled.

And wouldn't we love to know for what counties and how many roles might have built up!

And wouldn't we love to know for what counties and how many roles might have built up!

This whole process could do with a little more transparency...

APcomp wrote: »
    They requested you personally because they knew you from a previous stint there prior to the role you had when you were placed on the HEO panel, or they requested someone with your skillset and PAS identified you as the right match?
    Personally, they knew me from previous work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

This whole process could do with a little more transparency...

It could definitely use more leadership, analysis & decision making, delivery of results and interpersonal and communication skills

Hi,

Any updates on the panel from 1.1? Just to process in my head before the long weekend :)

Last we heard from the Open was number 53 on the 22nd Feb, 3 weeks ago now, haven't seen anything on here since, anyone got any updates on that number? The highest number we have seen mentioned here as being placed on panel 1.1 was in the 70s.

As for the interdepartmental, someone here said mid 40s on 4th March and someone else then said 48 on the 7th March - any updates since? Sy Snootles, you said you were 49 - any update? :) The highest we have seen mentioned here as being placed on panel 1.1 was in the 50s.

Hi,

Any updates on the panel from 1.1? Just to process in my head before the long weekend :)

Last we heard from the Open was number 53 on the 22nd Feb, 3 weeks ago now, haven't seen anything on here since, anyone got any updates on that number? The highest number we have seen mentioned here as being placed on panel 1.1 was in the 70s.

As for the interdepartmental, someone here said mid 40s on 4th March and someone else then said 48 on the 7th March - any updates since? Sy Snootles, you said you were 49 - any update? :) The highest we have seen mentioned here as being placed on panel 1.1 was in the 50s.

Not a sausage, I'm afraid. Seems like no movement at all for last few weeks. And PAS no longer reply when I ask for an update..

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Handy11

Low 50s InterD. Still waiting. 51 was pulled last week but I think that was ahead of standard, as 49 was still waiting. Should be some movement in coming days I hope. Had kinda set my head on hearing by today, but doesn’t look like it at this stage!

• Advertisement

Handy11 wrote: »
    Low 50s InterD. Still waiting. 51 was pulled last week but I think that was ahead of standard, as 49 was still waiting. Should be some movement in coming days I hope. Had kinda set my head on hearing by today, but doesn’t look like it at this stage!

Not sure I trust the 51 post, to be honest.

Advertisement