Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Handy11

Not sure I trust the 51 post, to be honest.

Possibly not, but it happens - where someone is flagged for a dept, a vacancy requires filling and the panel is drawing near.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AP2019

It has definitely happened that people can be assigned to a particular Department due to a required skillset etc., and can be placed in a role before those higher up on the panel. It would usually only be by a short period of time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Not today so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Meander Go

I called PAS last Friday and they were mid/late 40s on interD. But they said they've slowed up with placing people as they have no vacancies to fill but need to wait for more requests to come in from departments.
    I've also been told by colleagues that departments often put in a request in a quarterly basis. Don't know if it's true, but if it is, hopefully that'll mean good news for lots around the end of March!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

Not today so!

Fingers crossed for this Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭oodles19

I just got notification that I passed shortlisting for those who scored over 100 at stage one and that I would be called for supervised testing from 24th April on.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Summer2019

oodles19 wrote: »
    I just got notification that I passed shortlisting for those who scored over 100 at stage one and that I would be called for supervised testing from 24th April on.

That's great news. Well done. Hopefully in a few months they will reach me too.

Can I just ask you what your OOM was in the open and interD with a score of 100 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭APcomp

Interesting. On the 5th of Feb they released the result of shortlisting based on the application forms for those who had scored 106 on their unsupervised tests. That is only 6 weeks ago.

I find it odd they would prioritise this over getting the result out for the last batch that did the supervised tests (including the first round of the regionals) and arranging those interviews.

If the date of the 24th is accurate for batch 3 supervised tests I would expect the batch 2 results tomorrow and the interviews roughly between 3rd and 16th of April...

Summer2019 wrote: »
    Can I just ask you what your OOM was in the open and interD with a score of 100 ?

I was around the 1200 mark InterD and 2000 Open on the OOM and my total score was just over 100 (Not to be identifying myself too readily!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 fitzyunited

I got the same message on publicjobs.ie
    I finished roughly 1050 (InterD) and 1800 (open).
    (With a score of 103)

(With a score of 103)

Thanks to both of you for sharing your OOM for both. I am around 1700 in InterD so don't know if I will be reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭taato

(With a score of 103)

I’m near enough same as you with score of 104, got message that I’m shortlisted for next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭taato

Summer2019 wrote: »
    Thanks to both of you for sharing your OOM for both. I am around 1700 in InterD so don't know if I will be reached.

You’re around same as me so check your messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

Same message here. Delighted to have passed the shortlisting. Very surprised to get the message, I thought it would be another 6 months or so given that they haven't started to place batch 1.2 yet.

APcomp wrote: »
    Interesting. On the 5th of Feb they released the result of shortlisting based on the application forms for those who had scored 106 on their unsupervised tests. That is only 6 weeks ago.

I find it odd they would prioritise this over getting the result out for the last batch that did the supervised tests (including the first round of the regionals) and arranging those interviews.

If the date of the 24th is accurate for batch 3 supervised tests I would expect the batch 2 results tomorrow and the interviews roughly between 3rd and 16th of April...

I hope that you're right about the Batch 2/Regional results. The waiting is getting pretty tough at this point!

A colleague of mine finished inside the top 70 overall on the InterD but he did not get called for the supervised tests based on the shortlisting of his form, which I think was very unfortunate for him as he is highly educated and would be a capable and competent manager at AP grade.

The shortlisting based on forms alone is a bit of a minefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

I’m on 99 - d’oh

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

I just want the misery to be over

Remind me wrote: »
    I’m on 99 - d’oh

I very much doubt that this will be the last batch called for verification, the shortlisting element has this competition moving very differently to previous ones, they were a year and a half in on the last competition (if not longer) before they were calling anyone anywhere near my number on the OOM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

I very much doubt that this will be the last batch called for verification, the shortlisting element has this competition moving very differently to previous ones, they were a year and a half in on the last competition (if not longer) before they were calling anyone anywhere near my number on the OOM.

Yeah considering it is open until October 2020 it looks like everyone who passed could be brought forwarded for shortlisting

Anyone know the format to the interview. I'm assuming it's competency based interview as usual with either e-tray or presentation.....or both!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Anyone know the format to the interview. I'm assuming it's competency based interview as usual with either e-tray or presentation.....or both!!

I understand it’s just a competency based interview, as the e-tray/presentation is covered at stage 3, the hardest stage by the looks of it

Does anybody else want to email PAS for an update on Batch 2? The email address is aprecruitment2018@publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Rainbowstar

I've been browsing this thread since I got shortlisted for the stage 3 - I'm an external candidate so really did not think I'd get shortlisted so was happy with that.
    Have found this very helpful along the way so thanks to the regular contributors for that!

I found stage 3 supervised tests extremely challenging. I'm pregnant AND traveled up to Dublin that morning so while I won't blame those for my tiredness necessarily, my brain-function by 4pm mid-test was almost 0. I really had no idea how demanding the e-tray would be. The sample was a complete breeze in comparison. I know they'd warned of the higher level of difficulty on the day but I really had no idea. I am pretty sure that I failed the etray miserably.
    I will take it as a steep learning curve!!!
    Anyway, I just wanted to highlight my experience to others who may have no experience with e-trays.
    My advice would be to work as quickly as possible as the time really just evaporates so quickly. I thought I was going to have so much time like the sample - I had no idea!!

I wonder if there was a high fail rate and if that's why they're going back to those over 100/ possibly all who passed stage 2? Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I wonder if there was a high fail rate and if that's why they're going back to those over 100/ possibly all who passed stage 2? Just a thought.

They used exactly the same tests in the 2016 AP competition so they should have been able to predict the failure rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Carmona83

I thought the same,maybe there was a high failure rate with batch 2 stage 3 (which I'm part of) & hence why they called another batch to stage 3 so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Batch 2 results in at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

ParkRunner wrote: »

Yep- no mention of when the interviews are so another mail to folow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Moycullen1

ParkRunner wrote: »

How did you get on, I haven't received anything yet.

Advertisement