Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Rainbowstar

They used exactly the same tests in the 2016 AP competition so they should have been able to predict the failure rates.

Ah fair enough - I never thought they called so many people to the next stages!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭dee75

Regional verification test results out too!

No interview dates yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭nazzy

dee75 wrote:

I've got nothing yet. Booo.

dee75 wrote: »

No interview dates yet.

I wonder do they notify the successful candidates first?
    I've received nothing yet.
    I know I won't be progressing though as did awful on e-tray.

I received a text from Public Jobs less than 10 minutes ago to check my online account so hopefully you'll get yours shortly.

Best of luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭APcomp

I received a text from Public Jobs less than 10 minutes ago to check my online account so hopefully you'll get yours shortly.

Best of luck everyone!

How did you get on? After your appeal ordeal etc. :o

Best of luck everyone!

Thank you! Hope you did really well!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Just got mine , through to next round

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Moycullen1 wrote: »
    How did you get on, I haven't received anything yet.

Passed thankfully. Best of luck to those getting results today

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Summer2019

Best of luck everyone!

Dee75, do you mind me asking, do you just get a message that you got through this stage, or do you also get a new OOM?

• Advertisement

APcomp wrote: »
    How did you get on? After your appeal ordeal etc. :o

Passed thankfully!

But I will say this - my scores in both Job Simulation and Etray were significantly lower than in AP 2016 competition. So either my brain has deteriorated a lot or it was marked quite hard.

They gave scores for Verbal and Numerical but they say that only scores from other two tests count for ranking going forward to interview.

Hopefully my score is enough to be called to interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Moycullen1

ParkRunner wrote: »
    Passed thankfully. Best of luck to those getting results today

Well done, good luck in the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 paydembills

dee75 I'm relieved to hear you say that as my Job Sim score is waaay lower than it was in 2015, so I was afraid my job had rotted my brain!!! I think it was the same test as I recall some of the situations

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Starlight321

I just got my score, 109 for job simul/ e tray.

The message said an interview date will follow. Does anyone know if the score level stays for stage 4 or do we all go back to zero?

Thanks all! Big relief to finally hear result!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

Made it through. Absolutely stunned. Delighted! Scored high in the job sim, and scraped through the e-tray

Well done all- commiserations to those who missed out

Well I failed the e-tray miserably as I had suspected!
    Did really well on all other three which is just typical!!
    I was completely overwhelmed by the etray & unprepared (and heavily pregnant!! :))
    I will try again on the next one. (maybe)
    Well done to all of you who progressed and good luck at the next stage! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JDoherty1560

Got 35 in etray to my amazement as I thought i did well in that. So failed overall. Can you appeal the etray? I flew the rest of the tests

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Passed thankfully!

But I will say this - my scores in both Job Simulation and Etray were significantly lower than in AP 2016 competition. So either my brain has deteriorated a lot or it was marked quite hard.

They gave scores for Verbal and Numerical but they say that only scores from other two tests count for ranking going forward to interview.

Hopefully my score is enough to be called to interview.

Same here for the eTray- scrapped by but the score was significantly lower than last time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

After that disaster of an e-tray, I'm stunned with the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I just got my score, 109 for job simul/ e tray.

The message said an interview date will follow. Does anyone know if the score level stays for stage 4 or do we all go back to zero?

Thanks all! Big relief to finally hear result!

The score just determines the time you will (or will not) be called for interview. The interview resets everyone at zero though for the final marks

• Advertisement

Got 35 in etray to my amazement as I thought i did well in that. So failed overall. Can you appeal the etray? I flew the rest of the tests

Yes you can appeal the eTray - somebody in my previous job did and was put on a panel (in that itteration they had the eTray and interview on the same day and they had passed the interview).

• Registered Users Posts: 43 irumudikkilli

Passed thankfully!

It would seem so, I did not even make the qualifying mark for job simulation ( was stunned at the score), so my e-Tray was not scored. Not sure if a review is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JDoherty1560

Yes you can appeal the eTray - somebody in my previous job did and was put on a panel (in that itteration they had the eTray and interview on the same day and they had passed the interview).

Cheers. Do you know what the appeal procedure is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

To my amazement, I scraped through on the job simulation and e-tray. 44 and 45 respectively. Did well in the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Carmona83

Can you appeal the job simulation?? Just missed out on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭nazzy

Carmona83 wrote:

I would also like to know this.

Congrats to all that passed!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

Didnt get the required mark on the job-sim. Really frustrating as this means that my e-tray was not even marked. So, after doing the e-trays a couple of times, I have no idea if I am doing them right or not

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

Can't believe it, I got through too! :)

I wonder how long they will wait until they let us know about the interviews. Does anyone know how long it was for batch 1.1 and 1.2?

Congrats to everyone else who got through and commiserations to those who didn't.

Cheers. Do you know what the appeal procedure is?

Not sure of specifics so I would give them a call.

Carmona83 wrote: »

I would guess no as it was multiple choice as such and from what I have heard you can't appeal the numerical/verbal results. Won't hurt to give them a call to check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Does anyone know if everyone who passed gets called for Interview ? Message said interview dates to follow so I'm hoping that means Yes.

Advertisement