Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Currently an EO- but only interested in promotion if its within certain geographical areas- life is too short to spend 3-4 hours a day in the car. I've already turned down promotions that I felt didn't make sense logistically. Not having a sizeable commute is something I highly value.

I'm familiar with a lot of people turning down offers (even on the regional panels- some counties are very geographically spreadout- look at Kildare for example).

I felt the same as you but eventually decided to take a promotion which is awkward logistically. I'm almost a year in and it really has flown. I'll be able to start looking for a transfer in a few weeks. With a lot of retirements/mobility definitely consider something. It might not be as bad as you think. It's a tough decision though.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭APcomp

I felt the same as you but eventually decided to take a promotion which is awkward logistically. I'm almost a year in and it really has flown. I'll be able to start looking for a transfer in a few weeks. With a lot of retirements/mobility definitely consider something. It might not be as bad as you think. It's a tough decision though.

Thought you need to do 2 years before you can be eligible for transfers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

APcomp wrote: »

Depends on the department/agency. I took a HEO promotion with a commitment of 1 year, a new internal HEO competition was advertised yesterday, the new commitment is 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Summer2019

I thought the same, and on DPERs mobility criteria, in order to be considered for any transfer in any grade it seems to be consistent.i.e. probation to be completed, 2 years in the location and pmds to be satisfactory.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sodacake1968

I would think that the possibility of AP transfers is fairly miniscule

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

Question for batch 1 people, did you get a new OOM after stage 3 when you were sent your interview details?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Sy Snootles

Veledan22 wrote: »
    Question for batch 1 people, did you get a new OOM after stage 3 when you were sent your interview details?

No, not until after interview.

No, not until after interview.

Thanks, that's another difference compared to the 2016 competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭APcomp

Do you mean after the supervised testing/e-tray? Yes you get a new order of merit based on your performance in e-tray and the job situational one and you are called to interview based on that OOM. The interview details come in a different message it seems, since those who got their results last Wednesday did not get invited to interview yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Sy Snootles

Do you mean after the supervised testing/e-tray? Yes you get a new order of merit based on your performance in e-tray and the job situational one and you are called to interview based on that OOM. The interview details come in a different message it seems, since those who got their results last Wednesday did not get invited to interview yet.
    All I got was a score and told that an invitation to interview would issue at a later date. Although that was the first batch, so it could have changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

Interview dates are out

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

SFC1895 wrote: »
    Interview dates are out

I phoned earlier and they said they would be at the beginning of April at some point. Just got the message to say 10th of April for mine...and a colleague got theirs and is the 5th of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

It's the final countdown!

The nerves are kicking in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Good luck everyone with the new round of interviews!

Not a bother to you! Just remember to have 2 good examples for each competency :)
    And no extra notes on your CV when going in.

gmisk wrote: »

Not a bother to you! Just remember to have 2 good examples for each competency :)

Do people bring their forms in with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

You can yes to reference it if you need it, but you are not allowed any notes etc on it.
    I had a tonne of post its on mine on way in but thankfully was able to take them off before going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

From what I recall they give you a copy of the form you submitted for reference.
    gmisk wrote: »

+1 on examples...I would say go in with 3 if you can and ensure that they are examples where you have the outcome/result. If you are using current work then you should have short term outcomes at the very least to talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 allisgrand

I'm 50 on interD so Im hoping you hear soon

• Registered Users Posts: 9 knockanroe

Hi all,

I also received my interview date today. It is on the 3rd of April. Do you think there would be a chance of getting it changed to further out.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Yesjeff

Yea ask them have they a free date. Be no bother

• Advertisement

Thanks a million Yesjeff, appreciate the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Rainbowstar

Crikey the interviews are quick! Best of luck all.

Someone here mentioned before that they did well in the interview, were placed 1st on their chosen region panel but the panel expired before they got placed.
    Is there any idea of what regions these might be?

This has to be the worst possible outcome - to get to that point but then no job!! Shoot me like!

Have the people interviewing next week been sent details of their interview boards yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭dee75

Crikey the interviews are quick! Best of luck all.

Someone here mentioned before that they did well in the interview, were placed 1st on their chosen region panel but the panel expired before they got placed.
    Is there any idea of what regions these might be?

This has to be the worst possible outcome - to get to that point but then no job!! Shoot me like!

I'm not certain but I think that poster may not have been Batch 1, and they only got on the panel about 8 months before it expired? So not quite as dire as spending 2 years at 1st place for the county but still pretty tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Rainbowstar

dee75 wrote: »
    I'm not certain but I think that poster may not have been Batch 1, and they only got on the panel about 8 months before it expired? So not quite as dire as spending 2 years at 1st place for the county but still pretty tough.

Ah - that makes sense! Not quite as bad.
    Just food for thought all the same!

I have not received any details of those on the interview board and I am being interviewed next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

Best of luck all with the upcoming interviews. I guess they're taking all of batch 2 together in one fell swoop, which should make a sizable Dublin panel. Anyone know the interview date range? I seen 3rd and 10th April mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 HelloPeeps

Best of luck all with the upcoming interviews. I guess they're taking all of batch 2 together in one fell swoop, which should make a sizable Dublin panel. Anyone know the interview date range? I seen 3rd and 10th April mentioned.

I’m on the 12th April so I guess it’s the full 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Hlanaayes

15th April here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 sarah_keegs

Hi all, My interview is on the 12th, and I just got the details of all of the board members, and chairperson. I'm struck by the fact that the panel will be all male, the only female will be the chairperson. As it stands, this is the case for every interview date with the exception of the 10th. Don't PAS have some obligation to gender balance on the panels?

Advertisement