Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Has anyone who put in an appeal on the Job Simulation and/or etray exercises heard anything back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Summer2019

Still 19 months to go on this competition, so at this stage based on progress to date it looks like they will get to batch 4 and maybe more at some stage. When that might happen depends on the rate of progress through Batches 2 and 3, so I would watch this space, and I hope your number comes up.

Thanks...in the meantime will be applying for any other AP positions that come up...I need the experience, see what type of questions are asked..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Carmona83

Has anyone who put in an appeal on the Job Simulation and/or etray exercises heard anything back yet?

Nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 43 irumudikkilli

Carmona83 wrote: »
    Nothing yet

Aren't they supposed to acknowledge the formal review request within three working days?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SPHarry

Just wondering how anyone who has already taken up a position in batch 1.1 is getting on? How are you finding the role?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭The Student

Hi

I applied and undertook the online aptitude test. What happens next (I scored 97 so understand they have not got down to this level yet).

Whats involved in each stage of the process. Are you called to undertake a supervised aptitude test, what is etray and are you required to have written responses or is this an multiple choice test.

Whats involved in the interview? Are you required to make a presentation?

Apologies for all the questions but this is my first application to the Civil Service and I am not familiar with the processes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Hi

I applied and undertook the online aptitude test. What happens next (I scored 97 so understand they have not got down to this level yet).

Whats involved in each stage of the process. Are you called to undertake a supervised aptitude test, what is etray and are you required to have written responses or is this an multiple choice test.

Whats involved in the interview? Are you required to make a presentation?

Apologies for all the questions but this is my first application to the Civil Service and I am not familiar with the processes etc.

Check back a few pages on the thread, everything you've asked has been covered in depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

Any update on where they are with appointing people from batch 1.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Meander Go

Veledan22 wrote: »
    Any update on where they are with appointing people from batch 1.1?

I think they're around the 50 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Roughly, how long is the interview? It doesn't say in the familiarisation material.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Sy Snootles

Roughly, how long is the interview? It doesn't say in the familiarisation material.

30-45 minutes as I recall.

30-45 minutes as I recall.

Shortish enough so.

Shortish enough so.

Yeah, there are fairly strict time limits for each competency.

Quick question for people who have already been interviewed. Were you asked for more than one example for the competencies?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Quick question for people who have already been interviewed. Were you asked for more than one example for the competencies?
    Yes it has been discussed in this thread a lot, you need two examples (at least I would say) for each competency.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Fredddy

...... Hopefully the new batch of interviewees will be placed within the year ..... It's really slowed down on placing people from the panel. As far as I know they are still on 1.1 with almost no movement over the past month or more

• Registered Users Posts: 12 allisgrand

Fredddy wrote: »
    ...... Hopefully the new batch of interviewees will be placed within the year ..... It's really slowed down on placing people from the panel. As far as I know they are still on 1.1 with almost no movement over the past month or more
    Yep. I’m 50 on interD and haven’t heard a dickybird.

allisgrand wrote: »
    Yep. I’m 50 on interD and haven’t heard a dickybird.

Can you ask what oom you are in open?

Summer2019 wrote: »

Sorry meant...can I ask you your oom in open panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gormliath niC

Summer2019 wrote: »

68 oom open panel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭dee75

In Batch 1.1, which was only Dublin, Meath and Kildare, does anyone know how many (if any) placed so far have been in Meath or Kildare?

Or have all placements from Batch 1.1 been to Dublin so far?

68 oom open panel

I'm literally the person in front of you in the Inter-D and I'm 2 in front in the Open and I heard last week that they're checking my references with my current department before issuing an offer. I hoped to hear something on Monday, but SHOULD hear this week. Hopefully you get word very soon.

Had my interview during the week, found it very tough. Failed an internal AP a fortnight ago too. Stuck in a rut in my current department and feel that there is little or no opportunity to develop the AP competencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

What about your interests/involvements outside of work?

Had my interview during the week, found it very tough. Failed an internal AP a fortnight ago too. Stuck in a rut in my current department and feel that there is little or no opportunity to develop the AP competencies.

Could you look for a secondment or a move to a different section in your Department?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 allisgrand

PAS contacted my HR yesterday - so hope to hear something next week,

allisgrand wrote: »
    PAS contacted my HR yesterday - so hope to hear something next week,

You'll be lucky. I still haven't heard anything from them and they contacted my HR this day last week. Although the week isn't over yet!!

Addle wrote: »
    What about your interests/involvements outside of work?

Unfortunately at the moment I don't have much time outside of work. I live away from my family mid week, took a promotion that I kind of regret now. I'm going to look for a head to head swap or hopefully mobility scheme will start for HEOs.

Could you look for a secondment or a move to a different section in your Department?

I would most likely have to move to Dublin for that so it's not really an option unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

There are many on here who found the interview tough but to their surprise they ended up passing it. You never know until the result is out.

Advertisement