Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

clio15 wrote: »
    Well my interview is Monday I think that’s the last day ,probably be after Easter ?

Good luck with your interview!

I'm hoping that they issue the results by the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭APcomp

Veledan22 wrote: »

I'm guessing Thursday 25th or Friday 26th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

3rd May, Friday of the bank holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

SPHarry wrote: »
    They have started clearance on batch 1.2 (Dublin) - received my notification yesterday.
    I am on batch 1.2 as well.
    30s for inter and 50s for open.
    Not heard anything just yet.....really wondering how long I will be on panel....

3rd May, Friday of the bank holiday

They are fond of a good Bank Holiday reveal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

They are fond of a good Bank Holiday reveal :D

There’s two of them next week!! :-) That’s being way too optimistic though

ParkRunner wrote: »
    There’s two of them next week!! :-) That’s being way too optimistic though

Yes, I can't see them putting us out of our misery that soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭dee75

In 2016 comp, first batch, I got interview results 9 days after interview. Results issued on a Thursday.

I think, but I'm not certain, that there were one or more days of interviews after mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 allisgrand

Race you..?

glad you got sorted. I got message on tuesday that i am going to Social Protection. waiting for them to contact me regarding where and when

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Sy Snootles

allisgrand wrote: »
    glad you got sorted. I got message on tuesday that i am going to Social Protection. waiting for them to contact me regarding where and when

Great news! The waiting is a total head wreck..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Claireclucka

I’m hopeful they might be out next week

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Hlanaayes

Interviewed today. Had to say they were very nice folks. Found it very tight on time to try and get the full breadth of your experiences across in the 7 mins per competency. Definitely needed to drop the contextual stuff and go more in to the nitty gritty. Will know for the next time if I'm ever in a competition again!

Hlanaayes wrote: »
    Interviewed today. Had to say they were very nice folks. Found it very tight on time to try and get the full breadth of your experiences across in the 7 mins per competency. Definitely needed to drop the contextual stuff and go more in to the nitty gritty. Will know for the next time if I'm ever in a competition again!

I can totally relate to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 clio15

I can totally relate to this!

Thank u so much I. Have my interview after lunch very stressed 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Hlanaayes

They are really nice people if it's any comfort, it immediately relaxes me. I got the vibe that they want you to do well!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Claireclucka

Best of luck

Best of luck

Thanks a mill this forum has been very helpful will post how I got on for what’s its worth as I must be one of the last

Thanks a mill this forum has been very helpful will post how I got on for what’s its worth as I must be one of the last

Yes, today is the last day of interviews, so now we just have to wait for the results to issue. Best of luck everyone!

Had my interview this afternoon, don’t feel great about it didn’t seem to really grab their attention with what I was saying, I always find general questions hard to answer , they didn’t rush me really , good luck everyone !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Had my interview this afternoon, don’t feel great about it didn’t seem to really grab their attention with what I was saying, I always find general questions hard to answer , they didn’t rush me really , good luck everyone !

They may well have been listening to people all day and are a bit weary. It's a long hard day sitting on interview panels, I wouldn't read too much into that.

• Advertisement

Just got a text saying there was a message from public jobs.

Turned out to be an "are you still interested in an AO role" message.

My heart.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

My heart.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LORDLEPRECHAUN

Has anyone declined an offer on one panel in order to receive a different offer on the other panel?

I had confirmed previously with PAS that refusing an offer on one panel (Inter/Open) doesn't remove you from the other panel. However, I'd just like to know if anyone has actually done this, and how it worked out.

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

My heart.

reminds me of last year when we were awaiting results and we all got a message to check inbox

was a message about GDPR!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Has anyone declined an offer on one panel in order to receive a different offer on the other panel?

I had confirmed previously with PAS that refusing an offer on one panel (Inter/Open) doesn't remove you from the other panel. However, I'd just like to know if anyone has actually done this, and how it worked out.

Thanks in advance!

It’s definitely an option, but it’s a big risk.
    You’d want to be top of a provincial panel to chance it.

Addle wrote: »
    It’s definitely an option, but it’s a big risk.
    You’d want to be top of a provincial panel to chance it.

And even then- there may be no movement whatsoever on the provincial panel........ Its a massive gamble.

Thanks in advance!

I know of someone who turned down their open offer in Dublin to take a subsequent interdepartmental offer which was also in Dublin.

It was the old panel though.

I know of someone who turned down their open offer in Dublin to take a subsequent interdepartmental offer which was also in Dublin.

It was the old panel though.

Sounds like someone who wanted to get around 'marking time'?

I don't think so. He didnt want to move to the department he got the first offer in. His own department promised to keep him and that's what ended up happening.

Marking time may have been a factor, I don't know him well enough to know for certain, but he wasn't a HEO that long before promotion. I may also have the order of the offers mixed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Thanks in advance!

On the AP2016 competition, there was a colleague who refused the first post of Health and then accepted Education- both in Dublin. I don't know the specifics of Open/Inter but I don't think there was much of a wait inbetween the offers.
    As far as I am aware, marking time only comes into it when part of the payscales cover the same range. This happens on the CO and EO scales but the top of the HEO/AO is less than the starting point of the AP so it's not an issue.

Advertisement