Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LORDLEPRECHAUN

Has anyone declined an offer on one panel in order to receive a different offer on the other panel?

I had confirmed previously with PAS that refusing an offer on one panel (Inter/Open) doesn't remove you from the other panel. However, I'd just like to know if anyone has actually done this, and how it worked out.

Thanks in advance!
    Sorry just to clarify, I meant if someone was on the both InterD and Open panels for Dublin, could you turn down the InterD offer in order to accept a subequent and different Open offer.

I didn't mean first turning down Dublin in hopes of getting a different region e.g Cork. I understand that in that case you must take Dublin or be removed from both the Dublin and Cork panel.

PAS have confirmed that if I say no to either an InterD or Open panel, that I would remain on the other panel. I just thought maybe someone has done this already, given that you mightn't like the first offer for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LORDLEPRECHAUN

On the AP2016 competition, there was a colleague who refused the first post of Health and then accepted Education- both in Dublin. I don't know the specifics of Open/Inter but I don't think there was much of a wait inbetween the offers.

As far as I am aware, marking time only comes into it when part of the payscales cover the same range. This happens on the CO and EO scales but the top of the HEO/AO is less than the starting point of the AP so it's not an issue.
    That's exactly what I mean! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

As far as I am aware, marking time only comes into it when part of the payscales cover the same range. This happens on the CO and EO scales but the top of the HEO/AO is less than the starting point of the AP so it's not an issue.

Some HEO/AOs are on an allowance for shift work etc. which can bring the salary above the starting point for AP. If they have had the allowance for more than 12 months it counts as salary on promotion.

It is a small number of people but, I presume, for them InterD is better than Open as they won't have an issue with marking time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

I'm doing the round of supervised tests next week including the e-tray.

I was just sent the e-tray info - it mentions familiarization material; they don't send you documents that are relevant to the actual e-tray ahead of time, do they? I'm assuming I'm reading that wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

tigger123 wrote: »
    I'm doing the round of supervised tests next week including the e-tray.

I was just sent the e-tray info - it mentions familiarization material; they don't send you documents that are relevant to the actual e-tray ahead of time, do they? I'm assuming I'm reading that wrong.

No, they don’t send you documents related to the etray, but they do send you a link to a sample etray exercise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭dee75

Rang yesterday to ask when they expected interview results to be released. Told me (as we already knew) that interviews were only finishing yesterday so it could be around 2 weeks before results issued.

So, in other words, any day ...!!!

Anyone else like to ring tomorrow and see what answer you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

dee75 wrote: »
    Rang yesterday to ask when they expected interview results to be released. Told me (as we already knew) that interviews were only finishing yesterday so it could be around 2 weeks before results issued.

Leave them to it I say, they’re bound to be thin on the ground for staff Easter week.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭APcomp

Bit early to be starting that! :D

I would leave it at least another week. If you don't hear anything by 25th I would start asking! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Has anyone declined an offer on one panel in order to receive a different offer on the other panel?

I had confirmed previously with PAS that refusing an offer on one panel (Inter/Open) doesn't remove you from the other panel. However, I'd just like to know if anyone has actually done this, and how it worked out.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, I did this.

I knew someone in the section I was due to be going to who warned me in the strongest terms not to go there. As a result I turned the offer down from one panel and got a totally different Dept on the other panel.

Both offers were from the Dublin panels.

I was warned at the time that it would be possible to turn down a post on the Open and get exactly the same post on the InterD panel.

As such I waited a couple of weeks before turning it down until I knew that there were deffo other offers on the table.

You have to take your second offer though or you’re taken off the panel.

Im happy to answer any queries on this.

APcomp wrote: »
    Bit early to be starting that! :D

I would leave it at least another week. If you don't hear anything by 25th I would start asking! :o

As painful as the waiting is, I do agree it's probably better to just wait for PAS to issue the results. They are running quite a few different competitions at the moment, so it probably will be a few weeks.

• Advertisement

Has there been any more movement on Batch 1.2? Or have things quietened down again?

Veledan22 wrote: »
    As painful as the waiting is, I do agree it's probably better to just wait for PAS to issue the results. They are running quite a few different competitions at the moment, so it probably will be a few weeks.

Ah, I know, but it's just the build up to the interview is quite intense I just want to get it over with.

Plus I was thinking that the 2016 panel ended on 31 December 2018, so there may be a few regional spots waiting a while to be filled. That might prioritise issuing interview results.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭APcomp

Right, movement on 1.2 and results issued for regionals batch 1/Dublin batch 2 by the end of this week, please and thank you PAS. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Claireclucka

APcomp wrote: »
    Right, movement on 1.2 and results issued for regionals batch 1/Dublin batch 3 by the end of this week, please and thank you PAS. :D

Did you ring ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 clio15

just got results for 1 region

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

clio15 wrote: »
    just got results for 1 region

Non-Dublin?
    Were you in the most recent group of interviews?

yes interview last monday, not dublin its a small county

clio15 wrote: »
    yes interview last monday, not dublin its a small county

Hope it was great news.
    The nerves are now officially killing me.

it said other regions issue shortly! good luck everyone

Jeez, i wonder were Dublin results issued. If they have been, I haven’t heard anything- bad sign

• Advertisement

Got my results for one county. Said second would issue shortly!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Frantically hitting 'refresh' here........ :)

Dublin's gonna be last.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭akasudonim

Got my results for one county. Said second would issue shortly!

Same here, not Dublin, did the interview on 8th April.
    Hopefully good news for you guys waiting!!

Just got results. Open 45 and inter 32. So thrilled, I failed this time last year and the devastation was too much. Best of luck everyone and to anyone who missed out, just keep on trying- you’ll get there x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Non-Dublin?
    Were you in the most recent group of interviews?

Me too. Non Dublin and was in 1.1 interviews back in December

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭akasudonim

Just got the second county position - so within 30 minutes both issued!
    Adjacent counties and position is almost same for both.

I guess there are so many variables it's impossible to know how long it could take before a vacancy arises!

Do you remain on the other panel if you refuse the first offer?

Just got results. Open 45 and inter 32. So thrilled, I failed this time last year and the devastation was too much. Best of luck everyone and to anyone who missed out, just keep on trying- you’ll get there x

Congratulations!

Dublin are out so?

Congratulations!

Dublin are out so?

Yeah, about 45 mins ago. Still waiting on regional results now too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Yeah, about 45 mins ago. Still waiting on regional results now too

Got Dublin result an hour ago . Delighted with my place , better than I expected

Advertisement