Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Newbie 101

Fredddy wrote: »
    Any idea of how many vacancies are or are likely to become available in Galway before the panel closes next year?

I don't know about Galway but in westmeath from the 2016 panels I know person at number 9 on batch one got promoted and people from batch 3 got promoted just before it closed, Galway probably have a similar size depts?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭dee75

Hi Dee,

I asked PAS how long regional panel will last considering it was only formed April 19. The response I got was

We do not have an exact end date for the current AP competition panel, however they generally last 2 years.

That's what I was informed by email yesterday!

Two years would be great though!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭dee75

APcomp wrote: »
    What number are you on those 2? After your ordeal with the appeal it would be a shame not to make it now! :o:D

Top 5 on both! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭APcomp

Can someone who is familiar with the Civil Service pre-FEMPI tell me, was the AP grade pay scale affected by FEMPI? I know that grades like AO had two points added to the bottom of the scale, and now there are measures to try and 'correct' this by allowing for the removal/skipping of points 4 and 8 of each pay scale for new entrants, but is the AP grade included in this? Were the two lowest points of the current AP scale only added for new entrants? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Were the two lowest points of the current AP scale only added for new entrants? Thanks.

no I don't believe so

there was a separate new scale for new entrants
    increments were delayed etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Sy Snootles

Can someone who is familiar with the Civil Service pre-FEMPI tell me, was the AP grade pay scale affected by FEMPI? I know that grades like AO had two points added to the bottom of the scale, and now there are measures to try and 'correct' this by allowing for the removal/skipping of points 4 and 8 of each pay scale for new entrants, but is the AP grade included in this? Were the two lowest points of the current AP scale only added for new entrants? Thanks.

As far as I know, increments were only added to general recruitment grades, so CO, EO and AO. The current AP scale is fully restored to pre FEMPI levels, I think, so all you have to look forward to is the already agreed increases via the PSSA of 1.75% in September and a further 2% next October. Unless there is a mid-term
    review, of course..

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭oodles19

Hi folks, I did the verification/etray last week (is that Batch 2 or 3? The whole 1.2 thing has me slightly lost in regards to what the various batches are called), does anyone recall how long the results took from the end of the verification/etray testing for the last few batches?

oodles19 wrote: »
    Hi folks, I did the verification/etray last week (is that Batch 2 or 3? The whole 1.2 thing has me slightly lost in regards to what the various batches are called), does anyone recall how long the results took from the end of the verification/etray testing for the last few batches?

I could be wrong but I think last week was batch 2 from regional? I was in batch one and results from etray took about 3 weeks but then the interview date issued about 5 days after the result and interview results were out about 2 weeks after end of interviews.. good luck hope you did well

Newbie 101 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think last week was batch 2 from regional? I was in batch one and results from etray took about 3 weeks but then the interview date issued about 5 days after the result and interview results were out about 2 weeks after end of interviews.. good luck hope you did well

I'm not sure myself, I think there were regional interviews quite recently, but my batch isn't at the interview stage yet, just verification/etray. So about 3 weeks of a wait for your verification/etray results? That sounds about right, I think my batch was quite small, so fingers crossed that it won't take quite so long! Thanks for the best wishes, appreciate it! As someone who is presumably finished with the process at this stage, how did you find it?

As someone who is presumably finished with the process at this stage, how did you find it?[/quote]

Yes I just did the recent regional interview and thankfully was successful. Now of course more waiting until panels start to move but good to be on one all the same. I found process quite quick all in all from doing verification/e-tray. Think there was 8 days of verification on my batch so hopefully you get results quicker! The interview was 45min of intense questioning. If you get through etray pm me and if I can help for interview I will.

• Advertisement

Newbie 101 wrote: »
    As someone who is presumably finished with the process at this stage, how did you find it?

Yes I just did the recent regional interview and thankfully was successful. Now of course more waiting until panels start to move but good to be on one all the same. I found process quite quick all in all from doing verification/e-tray. Think there was 8 days of verification on my batch so hopefully you get results quicker! The interview was 45min of intense questioning. If you get through etray pm me and if I can help for interview I will.[/QUOTE]

That's very decent of you, thanks very much for the offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

MrsH44 wrote: »
    Hi, same happened me, failed 2 competencies by 3 Marks in one & 4 on the other, out of curiosity were you also interviewed on the first day, i.e. 3rd April?
    Yep, interviewed on first day too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Hitch2222

Is there anywhere that has examples of the competencies? I've seen the models but nothing more.
    I'd be curious to have a look having never interviewed for a government role.
    I haven't received word as to whether I have an interview yet but curious to see what it entails.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SPHarry

Hitch2222 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere that has examples of the competencies? I've seen the models but nothing more.
    I'd be curious to have a look having never interviewed for a government role.
    I haven't received word as to whether I have an interview yet but curious to see what it entails.
    The competencies are outlined in the link below:

http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/publication/document/Assistant_Principal_Officer_Level_Competencies.doc

Before my interview, I found some sample questions from an old AP competition online and it was helpful to prepare answers to those - if I can find it again, I'll post that link. I also found it useful to have an example of a situation or experience at work relevant to each of the competencies prepared.
    Best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 marbol

Oodles19 the verification/etray testing was you completed recently was that for Dublin/regional areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 marbol

Oodles19 the verification/etray testing you completed recently was that for Dublin or for the regional areas?

marbol wrote: »
    Oodles19 the verification/etray testing was you completed recently was that for Dublin/regional areas?

It was for those who'd achieved a score of 100 or higher at stage one, and said "please note, this is across all regions".

AFAIK, the first batch was Dublin only (Presumably as that's were most of the posts/backlog were), the second batch was regional/Dublin, and my batch (which I think is the third, still not sure about that) is also country wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

oodles19 wrote: »
    It was for those who'd achieved a score of 100 or higher at stage one, and said "please note, this is across all regions".

AFAIK, the first batch was Dublin only (Presumably as that's were most of the posts/backlog were), the second batch was regional/Dublin, and my batch (which I think is the third, still not sure about that) is also country wide.

Completely open to correction on this, but based on what has been posted recently I think that what we have been referring to as Dublin Batch 1.2 on the thread is actually considered to be Dublin Batch 2 by PAS. This means that the results that were issued last week were for Dublin Batch 3/Regional Batch 1, and the latest rounds of verification would have been for Dublin Batch 4/Regional Batch 2. Again, this is just my interpretation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Veledan22 wrote: »
    Completely open to correction on this, but based on what has been posted recently I think that what we have been referring to as Dublin Batch 1.2 on the thread is actually considered to be Dublin Batch 2 by PAS. This means that the results that were issued last week were for Dublin Batch 3/Regional Batch 1, and the latest rounds of verification would have been for Dublin Batch 4/Regional Batch 2. Again, this is just my interpretation :D
    I think your wrong based on my emails back from PAS - I suppose confusion is weather 3rd group is labelled as batch 2 or 3.....

I got placed on panel - 22/02/2019.
    But it is all pretty confusing tbh.

Batch one contained batch’s 1.1 and 1.2. Therefore you are in the 3rd group of people to be called as batch 1 was sub divided.

gmisk wrote: »
    I think your wrong based on my emails back from PAS - I suppose confusion is weather 3rd group is labelled as batch 2 or 3.....

I got placed on panel - 22/02/2019.
    But it is all pretty confusing tbh.

Batch one contained batch’s 1.1 and 1.2. Therefore you are in the 3rd group of people to be called as batch 1 was sub divided.

Agreed, I received my results last week and had initially thought that I was in Batch 2...but based on information other candidates received from PAS it looks like I might actually be in Batch 3? All very confusing :confused:

• Advertisement

How long does it normally take to get a response from PAS to an email query?

How long does it normally take to get a response from PAS to an email query?

I have this piece of string...

I have this piece of string...

So sometime between now and the end of may then....

So sometime between now and the end of may then....

Optimism is a cruel thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

In fairness to the Clearance section at least they get back very quickly generally

ParkRunner wrote: »
    In fairness to the Clearance section at least they get back very quickly generally

I had a number of unanswered emails, but I can accept that they might not want to be issuing panel progress updates every Friday. They should try to run a live notice board of how far panels have gotten. That would probabaly cut out 60% of the emails they get..

ParkRunner wrote: »

I hadn't contacted them before and was pleasantly surprised with how quick they were in getting back to me. The first 14 in Batch 1.2 have been contacted now. They repeated what earlier posters said about it being slow going and that they didn't know when they would get to Batch 2, but at least there is still some movement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I hadn't contacted them before and was pleasantly surprised with how quick they were in getting back to me. The first 14 in Batch 1.2 have been contacted now. They repeated what earlier posters said about it being slow going and that they didn't know when they would get to Batch 2, but at least there is still some movement :)
    I agree they got back to me pretty quickly.
    Last week they said still about 50 people left on 1.2.
    So in for a bit of a wait but happy to wait tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AP2019

As long as we know it's coming I'm happy enough too. 14 being placed in two and a half months isn't exactly speedy, but at least there's movement.

• Advertisement

AP2019 wrote: »
    As long as we know it's coming I'm happy enought too. 14 being placed in two and a half months isn't exactly speedy, but at least there's movement.

Is it that long since they finished with batch 1.1?

Advertisement