Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Summer2019

SFC1895 wrote: »
    Update on clearance for the current panel: Late last week they were approx at 33 open 26 InterD.

Thanks for the update. When do the interviews start for Batch 3 candidates? Is it this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 harmarsuperstar

Say you're on a dublin and a regional interdepartmental panel. If you take the dublin offer and become an AP, does that mean you are then essentially removed from the regional panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Say you're on a dublin and a regional interdepartmental panel. If you take the dublin offer and become an AP, does that mean you are then essentially removed from the regional panel?

yes

Riskymove wrote: »
    yes

Hopefully loads of APs will apply for the PO competition and get promoted!
    Creating more AP vacancies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SonicHook

Summer2019 wrote: »
    Hopefully loads of APs will apply for the PO competition and get promoted!
    Creating more AP vacancies :)

I'd promote you myself if I could for forward thinking like that. ;)

• Advertisement

SonicHook wrote: »
    I'd promote you myself if I could for forward thinking like that. ;)

If only it worked that way!! But thanks..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

Any further update on the current panel this week?

Any further update on the current panel this week?

Also have any of the Batch 3 candidates being interviewed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

Summer2019 wrote: »
    Also have any of the Batch 3 candidates being interviewed yet?

Interviews running from today until next Friday (27th) according to my interview board details, so that's potentially 48 interviews over the 6 days for my board, but there's likely more than one board.

Interviews running from today until next Friday (27th) according to my interview board details, so that's potentially 48 interviews over the 6 days for my board, but there's likely more than one board.

Thanks for the update and best of luck in your interview!

• Advertisement

Dublin panel seems to be up to 27 on open and 37 on interD.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Dublin panel seems to be up to 27 on open and 37 on interD.
    Thanks...based on the comment from SFC1895 above though and my own call to them a couple weeks back I think the numbers are reversed so 37 Open and 27 InterD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rebelcat1909

Thanks...based on the comment from SFC1895 above though and my own call to them a couple weeks back I think the numbers are reversed so 37 Open and 27 InterD.

I’d second that based on my communication with them last week.

Yeah sorry got those wrong eat around

Very slow movement on this panel in the last 10-12 days

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NEWMILLER12

Has anybody on the new panel created at end of July 2019 been offered a position. any info would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭oodles19

Well guys, just wondering could anyone who completed their interviews in previous batches give a steer as to how long long it was between the end of the interviews and the notification of results?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bravenewworld1

Anyone out there who scored 90 to 100 at stage 1 hoping to be shortlisted and brought for supervised testing?

I havent really kept up to date with the panel movement, however same seems to be very slow? Do people reckon batch 4 will be those who scored 90+. Thanks for any insights.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 HelloPeeps

oodles19 wrote: »
    Well guys, just wondering could anyone who completed their interviews in previous batches give a steer as to how long long it was between the end of the interviews and the notification of results?

I was on one of the last days of my batch to get interviewed and I think I had to wait about 12 days. But there were almost 2 weeks of interviews so those who were interviewed first had to wait nearly a month, I think

HelloPeeps wrote: »
    I was on one of the last days of my batch to get interviewed and I think I had to wait about 12 days. But there were almost 2 weeks of interviews so those who were interviewed first had to wait nearly a month, I think

So if the last interviews for Batch 3 were on the 27th, by the 11th of October results might be out and then there might be some progress on calling a Batch 4. Or maybe there won't be a Batch 4, who knows yet!

• Advertisement

I took an assignment from my Department’s own internal panel today so lose my InterD place here. Will wait to see what arises on the open in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I took an assignment from my Department’s own internal panel today so lose my InterD place here. Will wait to see what arises on the open in the next few weeks

How does this work? Can someone who is already a serving AP apply for an AP role via open competition or does it depend on the original application being made while the individual is at a grade below that of AP?

This has no doubt been asked before. In my case, there is likely to be an internal competition in my place of work in the next number of months. While I would prefer to be promoted in an open competition and, therefore, have the opportunity to work somewhere else, that luxury will not be available until 2020/21 and one must take the opportunities one gets meanwhile!

Ravelleman wrote: »
    How does this work? Can someone who is already a serving AP apply for an AP role via open competition or does it depend on the original application being made while the individual is at a grade below that of AP?

This has no doubt been asked before. In my case, there is likely to be an internal competition in my place of work in the next number of months. While I would prefer to be promoted in an open competition and, therefore, have the opportunity to work somewhere else, that luxury will not be available until 2020/21 and one must take the opportunities one gets meanwhile!

100% you can. I know an established AP who went for it to try and get a high regional place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Smart1982

Anyone else get result from Batch 3 interview today?

Smart1982 wrote: »
    Anyone else get result from Batch 3 interview today?

Are the results out? Good luck to everyone!

Yes, got my results there today, panelled, I'm thrilled, didn't think I'd gotten through at all and was resigned to going through it all again next year, I scored pretty well for a finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

oodles19 wrote: »
    Yes, got my results there today, panelled, I'm thrilled, didn't think I'd gotten through at all and was resigned to going through it all again next year, I scored pretty well for a finish!

Congrats Oodles. Same here and can't believe I made the top 10. Absolutely delighted :-)

Congrats Oodles. Same here and can't believe I made the top 10. Absolutely delighted :-)

Hah, that's great news Max! I got top ten myself, I actually thought of yourself when I was posting just there would you believe! I'm delighted you did so well, fair play to you! Now we have to wait to see where we end up...😳

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rebelcat1909

Well done all - it’s a sweet feeling

• Advertisement

Well done all - it’s a sweet feeling

That it is, it's still not quite sinking in to be honest!

Advertisement