Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

oodles19 wrote: »
    Just on that topic, and I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, but I can't find it from a quick search of the thread. What is the position with open/inter offers? Obviously one would (nearly) always have a better ranking on the Inter stream than open, does that mean you would (nearly) always get your offer from the Inter stream/panel, and more importantly, would you be entitled to refuse your InterD offer in the hope of getting something different from the Open stream?

You might have a better rank on the Inter panel over the Open but given the placement arrangement of 1/1/1 from each of the streams Open/Inter/Internal (not sure of order) that the departments are supposed to follow you might not necessarily get an offer from the Inter first as the departments with vacancies might be for their Open placement.

If you are on both Open/Inter streams you can refuse your first offer on the one stream but you will be obliged to take your next offer from the second stream...and there is no guarantee that it won't be the same department.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MCQ71

Hi, congratulations to all on the Dublin panels which seem to be moving quickly.

Does anyone have any news on movement on the regional panels?

I am hearing about AP appointments from internal panels but nothing from PAS. My current department doesn’t have an office in my chosen region so our internal competition was no use to me, but I placed no 1 on the open and interd panels. I thought that would give me a decent chance of getting an offer but it’s one year on and there’s still no word from PAS. Please post if you’ve heard of any regional appointments in your area... I need some hope ����

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Am 50 Open and 36 Inter and in clearance from last Wed. Nothing on email to indicate which stream the offer will be from- might be clearer once offer is made.

You're in Batch 2, correct? When did you receive the notification from PAS?

I only ask as I found out I recently found I was successful, and am part of Batch 3. Just wondering when they'll get round to offer me a post.

Cheers :)

tigger123 wrote: »
    You're in Batch 2, correct? When did you receive the notification from PAS?

I only ask as I found out I recently found I was successful, and am part of Batch 3. Just wondering when they'll get round to offer me a post.

Cheers :)

Congrats on getting through! Yes batch 2. Not the easiest to gauge timelines but received the results on the 23rd of April and clearance email on 9th of October. The panel did speed up in September but has slowed down again.

Congrats on getting through! Yes batch 2. Not the easiest to gauge timelines but received the results on the 23rd of April and clearance email on 9th of October. The panel did speed up in September but has slowed down again.

Cheers for the response. August is a bit of a zombie month alright, which I'm sure caused a bit of a delay too.

I'd say I'll easily be still in my current position at Christmas anyway, if not January too (... kind of suits me if I'm being honest).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 paydembills

MCQ71 wrote: »
    Hi, congratulations to all on the Dublin panels which seem to be moving quickly.

Does anyone have any news on movement on the regional panels?

I am hearing about AP appointments from internal panels but nothing from PAS. My current department doesn’t have an office in my chosen region so our internal competition was no use to me, but I placed no 1 on the open and interd panels. I thought that would give me a decent chance of getting an offer but it’s one year on and there’s still no word from PAS. Please post if you’ve heard of any regional appointments in your area... I need some hope ����

Hi there, can I ask how you are on a Regional panel for a year from this comp? I thought the Regional panels were only in place since the start of the summer on this comp as regional batch wasn't called for interview until April 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Starlight321

MCQ71, I am in exact same position..It is totally frustrating. The delight in getting number 1 in my selected region is long gone

Hi there, can I ask how you are on a Regional panel for a year from this comp? I thought the Regional panels were only in place since the start of the summer on this comp as regional batch wasn't called for interview until April 2019.

Hi, I meant that it’s one year on from the start of the AP process last year, stage 1 was in October... but yes, my Regional result was issued in April.

MCQ71, I am in exact same position..It is totally frustrating. The delight in getting number 1 in my selected region is long gone

I contacted clearance in PAS and they just said there have been no vacancies logged in my locations since the 2018 competition commenced and that they could only comment on panels I am on. They also stated that the panel would be open until the 30th of October 2020 but that this expiry date is subject to change.

Like you say, the joy is fading...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rebelcat1909

Panel still moving ladies & gents - am in the high 50’s external and have been called to clearance - no evidence of any slowdown in my experience ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭oodles19

Panel still moving ladies & gents - am in the high 50’s external and have been called to clearance - no evidence of any slowdown in my experience ðŸ˜

Thanks very much for the update! I wonder how high the numbers for the external panel in Batch 2 go 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

Great news thanks Rebelcat, and best of luck with the job offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Summer2019

Great news thanks Rebelcat, and best of luck with the job offer.

Good morning Max Musterman, are the results out for your interviews and the panel for Batch 3 placed?

(sorry I am sure it has been answered before)

Summer2019 wrote: »
    Good morning Max Musterman, are the results out for your interviews and the panel for Batch 3 placed?

(sorry I am sure it has been answered before)

I'm in Batch 3 and received my interview results, and was successful. I know my place on the OOM, but haven't heard anything else as of yet. I'm about midway on the panel (I think) so reckon I'll be in my new post after Christmas. But who knows!

I'm in Batch 3 and received my interview results, and was successful. I know my place on the OOM, but haven't heard anything else as of yet. I'm about midway on the panel (I think) so reckon I'll be in my new post after Christmas. But who knows!

Thanks for the info. Best of luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GoodboyJack

Batch 3 clearance started to day.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 harmarsuperstar

Does anyone know how long there is between clearance and an actual offer for interdepartmental panels? Is it just a check for a reference with your current HR that they have to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

Does anyone know how long there is between clearance and an actual offer for interdepartmental panels? Is it just a check for a reference with your current HR that they have to do?

I went into clearance on a Wednesday morning, was offered a position by the Thursday afternoon by the HR Dept concerned. All in, about 27 hours. Could easily depend on the Department though, and how anxious, needy and pressurised they are to get staff in.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 harmarsuperstar

Thanks for that, good to know, should know soon enough so.

Batch 3 clearance started to day.

Where are you in Batch 3, if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement

SFC1895 wrote: »
    I went into clearance on a Wednesday morning, was offered a position by the Thursday afternoon by the HR Dept concerned. All in, about 27 hours. Could easily depend on the Department though, and how anxious, needy and pressurised they are to get staff in.

Definitely depends on the department- I went into clearance on a Thursday and offered position from PAS the next Wed. However no written communication from the department with specifics yet or a return to my call last Thursday so not every department is as efficient as others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SmileB

Hi I am early 30s on open so I presume I will be waiting a while yet Does anyone know how many approx are in Batch 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bravenewworld1

Any sign of a new batch being shortlisted yet?

Any sign of a new batch being shortlisted yet?

I was successful in Batch 3. I'm on the panel (in the top 1/3 I reckon). I found out at the start of October and I haven't heard anything yet in terms of movement or clearance.

I'd imagine the next shortlisting wouldn't be before Christmas anyway (but who knows!)

I was successful in Batch 3. I'm on the panel (in the top 1/3 I reckon). I found out at the start of October and I haven't heard anything yet in terms of movement or clearance.

I'd imagine the next shortlisting wouldn't be before Christmas anyway (but who knows!)

I'm in the top 10 on batch 3 and moved to clearance this week.

I'm in the top 10 on batch 3 and moved to clearance this week.

Great news for you! Which Department are you assigned to? Do you know?

Summer2019 wrote: »
    Great news for you! Which Department are you assigned to? Do you know?

Thanks Summer,

I don't know yet. I'll get an offer once they get a reference back from my current department.

Thanks Summer,

I don't know yet. I'll get an offer once they get a reference back from my current department.

I hope you are happy with the Department you get assigned too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 HelloPeeps

Definitely depends on the department- I went into clearance on a Thursday and offered position from PAS the next Wed. However no written communication from the department with specifics yet or a return to my call last Thursday so not every department is as efficient as others.

I'd echo this experience. I was offered a position from PAS in the middle of October. The actual department was very slow to follow up. They have been in touch recently, they haven't offered a specific position and are suggesting a start date of Jan 2020. This actually suits me at the moment so I don't mind but show's the differing speeds of Departments.

• Advertisement

HelloPeeps wrote: »
    I'd echo this experience. I was offered a position from PAS in the middle of October. The actual department was very slow to follow up. They have been in touch recently, they haven't offered a specific position and are suggesting a start date of Jan 2020. This actually suits me at the moment so I don't mind but show's the differing speeds of Departments.

Just as well that works for you- quite a long lead in for the start date!

After my departments tete-a-tete I am starting on the 18th of Nov so about 5 weeks from initial clearance email to commencement.

Advertisement