Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Newbie 101

MCQ71 wrote: »
    Hi, congratulations to all on the Dublin panels which seem to be moving quickly.

Does anyone have any news on movement on the regional panels?

I am hearing about AP appointments from internal panels but nothing from PAS. My current department doesn’t have an office in my chosen region so our internal competition was no use to me, but I placed no 1 on the open and interd panels. I thought that would give me a decent chance of getting an offer but it’s one year on and there’s still no word from PAS. Please post if you’ve heard of any regional appointments in your area... I need some hope ����

Hi, I'm on panels for Longford and westmeath, Longford hasn't logged any vacancies but for westmeath it's moving, I was 12 th when placed, 6th now so very hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megidje

Is it possible that 6 were taken off internal panels thus bumping you up to 6? Or have you heard of any InterD or Open appointments? Not hearing of any InterD or Open vacancies being notified to PAS anywhere except Dublin???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jean15963

Newbie 101 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm on panels for Longford and westmeath, Longford hasn't logged any vacancies but for westmeath it's moving, I was 12 th when placed, 6th now so very hopeful

Hi Newbie is that 6th on open or inter departmental

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭agnena

There is still a possibility that these 6 people took a Dublin offer for example and thus were removed from the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Newbie 101

Megidje wrote: »
    Is it possible that 6 were taken off internal panels thus bumping you up to 6? Or have you heard of any InterD or Open appointments? Not hearing of any InterD or Open vacancies being notified to PAS anywhere except Dublin???:confused:

I had heard of a new AP starting that I knew was ahead of me and that's why I queried with PAS, it's possible others took positions from other panels. With Longford I believe there have been vacancies for a while but nothing seems to be happening with filling them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Batch Four being called just got the message on my public jobs message board. Info below;

"The Shortlisting Board convened to shortlist based on the information contained on the application forms of those candidates who achieved a total score of 99 or lower at stage one - online assessment. Please note this is for the Dublin and Kildare regions only"

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Summer2019

Batch Four being called just got the message on my public jobs message board. Info below;

"The Shortlisting Board convened to shortlist based on the information contained on the application forms of those candidates who achieved a total score of 99 or lower at stage one - online assessment. Please note this is for the Dublin and Kildare regions only"

I just got my results, I wasnt shortlisted. Just wanted to thank everyone on the this board that have been very helpful and good luck to everyone else who is progressing to the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Kennyrach

I'm batch 4 just notified today and sitting supervised assessment and etray 03/12 any tips gratefully appreciated.... I saw a previous poster had recommended using an online assessment package. Any obs on whether this is worthwhile?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fat bottomed girl

So, redirect me if I should post this elsewhere, but if I got AP in open competition and I’m on 1 year probation in my department and another AP role comes up in my department can I apply to transfer internally? Is it a no go because I’m on probation or is it possible but unlikely because I’m new or is it an option for me? Don’t want to rock any boat while I’m new but also see a role more suited to my experience and interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MCQ71

I had heard of a new AP starting that I knew was ahead of me and that's why I queried with PAS, it's possible others took positions from other panels. With Longford I believe there have been vacancies for a while but nothing seems to be happening with filling them?
    Thanks for that update, emailed PAS and they just said no requests logged for my regions yet - also that while panel was planned to remain open till oct 2020, that this was open to change? Heard of another AP vacancy offered as an internal transfer and the vacancy suppressed, so no movement for this panel for me yet anyway. Good luck to all getting offers!

• Advertisement

If any fellow AP boardsie who has recently done the e-tray for this competition has the time to share any advice, tips, prep with me over private message, it would be greatly appreciated.

I am on 3rd December. Better starting training the brain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Megidje

MCQ71 wrote: »
    Thanks for that update, emailed PAS and they just said no requests logged for my regions yet - also that while panel was planned to remain open till oct 2020, that this was open to change? Heard of another AP vacancy offered as an internal transfer and the vacancy suppressed, so no movement for this panel for me yet anyway. Good luck to all getting offers!

Just curious what you mean about the vacancy suppressed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Any movement on Batch 3 Dublin panel in the last few days? I only ask as I know I'll be go into clearance fairly soon (I hope!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GJ1977

Any tips, advice for etray and aptitude tests next week - how long does the process take? Thank you

Well that was an interesting experience this morning. 1st time doing eTray. You do not leave that test environment any the wiser.

Well that was an interesting experience this morning. 1st time doing eTray. You do not leave that test environment any the wiser.

I also did the etray Tuesday afternoon. 4+ hours and they told us that the results will issue in a couple of weeks... Was this the same info you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SmileB

I did the etray in the last batch and was sure I had failed but got through it and the interview and am now on a panel and hope to be called shortly. The results were out fairly quickly so you should not have to wait too long.

Kennyrach wrote: »
    I also did the etray Tuesday afternoon. 4+ hours and they told us that the results will issue in a couple of weeks... Was this the same info you got?

Yep snap, I expect results either Friday 13th or 20th, fingers crossed & best of luck.

Yep snap, I expect results either Friday 13th or 20th, fingers crossed & best of luck.

The very best of luck to you too and hopefully we won't have to wait too long ðŸ‘

SmileB wrote: »
    I did the etray in the last batch and was sure I had failed but got through it and the interview and am now on a panel and hope to be called shortly. The results were out fairly quickly so you should not have to wait too long.

Congratulations on getting on the panel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

I know it will vary, but generally what notice did those people who were successful give to their current Department?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭oodles19

tigger123 wrote: »
    I know it will vary, but generally what notice did those people who were successful give to their current Department?

It was around a month between the jigs and the reels for me, but that will include the Christmas period, so your mileage may vary.

Afternoon & Happy New Year

Results are out for those who took the tests before Xmas. I passed everything & notified that interviews will take place between 23rd - 28th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bravenewworld1

Afternoon & Happy New Year

Results are out for those who took the tests before Xmas. I passed everything & notified that interviews will take place between 23rd - 28th January.

Happy New Year!
    I passed too. Best of luck re the interview. Here's to a successful start to 2020.

Congratulations I missed out on the etray by 8 points really disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bravenewworld1

Sorry to hear that Kennyrach.
    I barely passed it myself. Was really tough.

Sorry to hear that. I passed eTray by 8 marks. Another hurdle ahead of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jean15963

Any movement on regional panels for Laois / Offaly

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Marie_C

Jean15963 wrote: »
    Any movement on regional panels for Laois / Offaly
    Haven’t heard much on Regional panels anywhere unfortunately. New year though so there could be movement in the next few months. Best of luck with your panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 MacontheDouble

Marie_C wrote: »
    Haven’t heard much on Regional panels anywhere unfortunately. New year though so there could be movement in the next few months. Best of luck with your panel.

I was in contact with PAS recently - there are no vacancies to be filled for Offaly at the moment. Any movement on the Offaly panel is as a result of Offaly panellists taken up their other county preference.

No info on Laois, but I do know the Westmeath panel has also reduced by about 4/5 whether it is on placements within the county or due to panellists taken up a place elsewhere I can't say.

Advertisement