Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 batista

How is there a new competition if the current panel is not finished?!? Is this a small specific comp for DPER or is this the competition for the next two years 2021-end of 2022. Little confused

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ap2020

batista wrote: »
    How is there a new competition if the current panel is not finished?!? Is this a small specific comp for DPER or is this the competition for the next two years 2021-end of 2022. Little confused

This panel will continue until the new one is formed. That process takes months.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Cheeseplant

batista wrote: »

It's a new open AP like this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Marie_C

It's a new open AP like this one.

Can’t see it on public jobs, where’s it advertised? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

Now that the next campaign has launched, which of the counties fared well for placements in this comp?? Obv outside of Dublin....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lkbob

For those of you who have taken up a position, interested in your feedback on the role, re stress levels, flexibility, working hours etc. Appreciate it will depend on the job and department. Considering applying for the new round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭dee75

Is the new comp limited to DPER only?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

dee75 wrote: »
    Is the new comp limited to DPER only?

No its the full nationwide campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Starlight321

Forthebuzz wrote: »
    Now that the next campaign has launched, which of the counties fared well for placements in this comp?? Obv outside of Dublin....

To date only 14 out of the 26 regional.panels have even had 1 vacancy offered to them . From this, you can see chances of regional.positions are next to none.

Internal panels and external transfers will always take priroty for regional positions

Forthebuzz wrote: »
    No its the full nationwide campaign.

Thank you!

To date only 14 out of the 26 regional.panels have even had 1 vacancy offered to them . From this, you can see chances of regional.positions are next to none.

Internal panels and external transfers will always take priroty for regional positions

Starlight, would you know what the 14 regional counties are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

By external transfers, do you mean mobility transfers?

dee75 wrote: »
    Starlight, would you know what the 14 regional counties are?

Mainly counties around Dublin and Cork, Meath, Wexford etc, I only know names of a few, but PAS will give you this detailed info if you request it.

Addle wrote: »
    By external transfers, do you mean mobility transfers?

The mobility transfer system will not start until late 2020. By external transfers i mean discretionary lists HR keep of people they know who wish for a move. There is no policy in place for these moves, de pts. Can do what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MCQ71

Hi, I know this thread has slowed down since the new competition was announced but has anyone heard of any recent calls from this 2018 panel? Or has all recruitment stopped with the Covid restrictions? I see the civil service is looking to move staff from quieter areas into the busy departments like health and social protection so does this mean that recruitment of new or promoted staff has stopped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

MCQ71 wrote: »
    Hi, I know this thread has slowed down since the new competition was announced but has anyone heard of any recent calls from this 2018 panel? Or has all recruitment stopped with the Covid restrictions? I see the civil service is looking to move staff from quieter areas into the busy departments like health and social protection so does this mean that recruitment of new or promoted staff has stopped?

Hey

I have been just placed off the 2018 competition for Dublin region. I was in Batch 4 and put into clearance in mid March. Obviously due to COVID19, delays in assignment, etc. However, I will start my AP post in late May.

Thanks you. I am on a regional panel that had no one called yet so it’s good to hear there’s still some movement possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Thanks you. I am on a regional panel that had no one called yet so it’s good to hear there’s still some movement possible.

Best of luck with your placement.

• Advertisement

I am on the regional panel too and got called early March. I am in clearance now but everything slower due to the Covid.

Thanks for that update and wishing you the best of luck on your placement. Do you mind me asking what region you were in?

Best of luck with the new role! Well deserved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭Shoie

Hey

I have been just placed off the 2018 competition for Dublin region. I was in Batch 4 and put into clearance in mid March. Obviously due to COVID19, delays in assignment, etc. However, I will start my AP post in late May.

Hi, did you ever get appointed to your new role? I was assigned in early April but due to Covid19 situation the Department are not taking anyone in.

I am just wondering if all appointments are delayed. Sorry I know you can only speak for yourself, that was a general question to all.

Shoie wrote: »
    Hi, did you ever get appointed to your new role? I was assigned in early April but due to Covid19 situation the Department are not taking anyone in.

I am just wondering if all appointments are delayed. Sorry I know you can only speak for yourself, that was a general question to all.

Hi, congrats on your appointment. Think all departments are finding their feet with CoVid19 and new hires. Do you mind saying if your appointment was a Dublin based panel or regional panel?

Marie_C wrote: »
    Hi, congrats on your appointment. Think all departments are finding their feet with CoVid19 and new hires. Do you mind saying if your appointment was a Dublin based panel or regional panel?

Thank you, I am on the Dublin panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 oldzak

Shoie wrote: »

In a different comp, but have been told the same - that new entrants to my dept are delayed indefinitely.

oldzak wrote: »
    In a different comp, but have been told the same - that new entrants to my dept are delayed indefinitely.

Does this mean the panel will be extended past October if no Dept is taking people on?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Cheeseplant

Does this mean the panel will be extended past October if no Dept is taking people on?

Who knows, but might be doubtful as another competition in progress. No appointments from the 2020 panel will be made after end March 2022.

• Advertisement

All competitions are suspended as well so as Cheesplant says who knows. They may extend if the current comp is delayed. That is just my guess though.

Advertisement