Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon payment declined but money gone from my account

Options
  • 17-08-2018 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, i bought an item on Amazon and I see the money debited from my account yet Amazon app is saying 'pay ment declined'

I contacted Amazon and they said I could get my bank to authorize the payment by giving you an authorisation code which they supplied to me.

Who or how do I got about getting the payment authorized?

(Also curious as to how the money is debited from my account if the payment was declined?)

Thanks for for help
    Garrett

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Garrett,

Thanks for your post.

We're unsure why they have said the payment was declined, if they have the authorisation code issued by us to allow the payment. Sometimes, a website may not receive the authorisation code issued through the systems and they would ask the card holder to contact their bank to request the code so that they can complete the payment on their side. If the company have received the code, they need to complete the transaction through their merchant service provider.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement