Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Betting Thread 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

Bengals, Saints, Browns and Panthers all to win 11/1

Kamara, Gibson, Chubb & Davis all to score 2 TD+ 1250/1

Terry McLaurin, Tee Higgins and Diontae Johnson to have 100+ receiving yards 29/1

• Registered Users Posts: 37,493 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Kamara, Henry and Chubb anytime for s 11/2 on PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Guffy

ML 4 fold

Falcons, Colts, Buccs, Steelers 7/1ish.

Beefing up the price a little with the Steelers, you'd think I would have learned but nope.

Browns-2.5, Steelers -10.5, Chargers -10, Colts -2, Dolphins -3.5.
    I've done 4folds and an accum. on them.
    I've a smaller one on Patriots -2.5, Bengals +1.5, Lions -3, Saints -3.5 and under 50.5 in Bengals/Washington game.

Simple treble this week, but 3 dawgs.

Browns, pats, Bills.. a little over 19/2

• Advertisement

Straight accum. Dolphins, Vikings, Titans, Seahawks, Packers, Chiefs. I think it pays about 5/2.

4 folds and accum.
    Vikings -10, Dolphins -10.5, Rams -2.5, under 47 Raiders/Jets, under 50.5 Colts/Texans.

Putting up 3 dogs again this week,

Giants, was and Browns works out a little over 11/1

Small bet on the treble, browns are my upset of the week (I'm a browns fan though) will be weighing into this heavily enough on handi and ml.

365 have early payouts if your team goes up by 17 btw so last weeks was paid out nice and early. Just something to keep in mind after i worried (as a fan) when the Titans made it 17-7 last week for about 30 secs.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

PP enhanced Chiefs, Titans & Panthers to 11/4 from 6/4 so I've put a few sheckles on that.

A long with a rake of other unrealistic multi's, one paying 2730/1 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Not seeing great matchups on the handicaps but have done:

Colts -7, Dolphins -1, Seahawks -6.5, Jets +17, Browns -6.5

Indy have enough talent to win by a TD+ against the Texans
    Dolphins are beating the Pats, a few injuries but think their D is good enough to secure the win
    Seahawks face a unpredictable Washington team, I expect Seattle to win and hoping it covers the spread
    Surely the Jets can't get blown out again, but then again it's the Jets...
    Browns to bounce back strongly after last weeks defeat

Have a over/under acca on points too and will stick one of the #Whatoddspaddy bets on whatever matches I watch later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Hopkins over 6.5 receptions - 11/10. While he's up against Ramsey I suspect he'll get plenty targets with Kirk and Fitzgerald out.

I also took Browns/Bucs/Cowboys moneyline special at 2/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Hopkins over 6.5 receptions - 11/10. While he's up against Ramsey I suspect he'll get plenty targets with Kirk and Fitzgerald out.

Not a strategy I am overly keen on taking players who will be matched up with ramsey. Your rationale is spot on but I think there has to be better options for the price.

Could add the football team to the acca as there is 0 chance philly upset the apple cart if it means dallas win the division imo even moreso with the injury list they have.

Gus Edwards 17/10
    James washington 4/1
    Teddy Bridgewater 11/2
    Adrian peterson 7/2

Will do for my anytime yankee

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Finished my ante post portfolio this evening.

Dallas
    New orleans
    Baltimore
    All to win their divisions 4/1

Detroit to win their division 11/2
    Arizona to win their division 15/2

Alex Smith comeback player of the year 11/2

Kyler murray mvp 25/1

Most rushing yards
    Dalvin cook 16/1
    Jordan Howard 100/1

Most receiving yards
    Julio jones 9/1
    Dk Metcalf 80/1

Specials

Buffalo Bills, Kansas City Chiefs, Arizona Cardinals & Seattle Seahawks all to make the playoffs 11/1

Tennessee Titans, Buffalo Bills, Dallas Cowboys & Seattle Seahawks all to win their division 33/1

Cant find any worst regular season record markets but Chicago and the jets would interest me in the market carolina too but I imagine they would be quite short

Lots of these looked so good at different points in the year but on the assumption that smith is a shoe in for comeback player of the year I'm finishing with only 1 winner. Arizona sh*tting the bed and dallas falling off the rails through the mid part of the season are the main grievances

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Brenty

Betbuilder on PP tonight for a bit of interest 62/1

Watkins over rec yards
    KC - 2.5
    Under 55.5
    Gronk over rec yards
    Godwin over rec yards
    Miller over rec yards

Money back if KC win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Under 11.5 accepted penalties @1/2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Some Props to keep me interested....

Antonio Brown 1st TD @ 22.0
    Mahomes over completions 28.5 @ 2.0
    mahomes interceptions over 0.5 @ 2.2
    Brady under/fournette over/tampa win @ 6.06
    Tampa over 5.5 3rd down conversions@ 2.1
    Both teams to lead in 4th @ 3.75
    Snead 1st sack @15.0

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

SkyBet offering 2/1 on Brady having an opening quarter TD (throw or run). He hasn't done it in 10 Superbowl appearances, surely that streak has to snap.

My punts:
    Any Non QB to throw a passing TD @ 11/1
    Chiefs to Win by 13+ Pts, Kelce to Score 1st Touchdown @ 33/1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

adrian522 wrote: »
    Some Props to keep me interested....

Antonio Brown 1st TD @ 22.0 :(
    Mahomes over completions 28.5 @ 2.0 :(
    mahomes interceptions over 0.5 @ 2.2 :)
    Brady under/fournette over/tampa win @ 6.06 :)
    Tampa over 5.5 3rd down conversions@ 2.1 :)
    Both teams to lead in 4th @ 3.75 :(
    Snead 1st sack @15.0 :(

Overall Not too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

adrian522 wrote: »
    Overall Not too bad!

Tampa over 5.5 3rd down conversions@ 2.1

I had noticed Paddy Power had paid out on this bet. All the stats I have found online suggest Tampa only converted four times on 3rd down. I was wondering am I missing something? :confused: :pac:

Yeah same. ESPN has them at 4 3rd down conversions so not sure. Betfair paid out too.

I'm not complaining as I missed out on Mahomes longest rush @ 11.5, he rushed for 11 yards on the first series.

• Advertisement

Tampa had plenty first downs by penalty. If that penalty occurred on third down, would that count for the bet?

I still only make it 4, one was via penalty I think on the pass Brady had intercepted but was called back for holding.

Number 3 Overall Pick - Justin Fields @ 2/1 (PP)

Went with the above for draft night. I'm not believing the Mac Jones hype as I think it makes little sense and I don't see how most of these experts are getting this info.

Fields just makes too much sense to me and with Garoppolo available to start 2021 it allows fields to be eased into the starting role.

That's basically a break even price as there's three players in the running for the position.
    You have Jones, who I love, and then Trey Lance too as well as Fields. And Fields has been trending downwards and is expected to be drafted after both Jones and Lance on most boards now.
    I'd want to be getting a better price.

It's not a break even price. There is a slightly better price available at skybet though. Most places only offering bets on the first 2 places but no value there.

I expect Fields to be taken here at 3, hence the bet. If you think Jones is getting picked here the odds are very short, so no value there. Lance is around 4/1 if you like that better but I don't think he will be picked at 3 either.

adrian522 wrote:
    It's not a break even price. There is a slightly better price available at skybet though. Most places only offering bets on the first 2 places but no value there.

I expect Fields to be taken here at 3, hence the bet. If you think Jones is getting picked here the odds are very short, so no value there. Lance is around 4/1 if you like that better but I don't think he will be picked at 3 either.
    What I'm saying is there's three potential picks at that position so it's a break even price given there are three options only, it's going to be a QB.
    The rumours are that the niners like Jones a lot.
    Regardless of what way you look at it backing Fields is a risk and you'd want to be getting better than 2/1 to make that a profitable investment.

Well Jones is very short odds so no point in betting that. I also don't buy into the Jones rumours.

The only option at 3/1 or longer is Lance which is 4/1, but I don't like that bet.

I'm not advising a wager, I think it's a market to stay out of, just too much uncertainty as to who it'll be.

Fields is now the favorite for the number 3 pick in many places including PP.

I've put a small bet on over 6.5 Offensive linemen taken in the first round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Fields into 8/11 now. I missed the boat, but it might pay to hedge on Lance at 4/1. I can see that gaining momentum.

Advertisement