Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Betting Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

I just leaped on a bunch of PP specials...

45+ points in each 5PM game - 12/1
    Each team in the 5PM to have a TD and a FG - 14/1
    Each team in the 5PM, 8PM and 8.25 games to have a TD and a FG - 90/1
    Ridley & Golladay to get 2 TDs each - 90/1
    Hunt & Davis to have both a rushing and receiving TD each - 125/1

• Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

gerryfed wrote:
    I just leaped on a bunch of PP specials..

45+ points in each 5PM game - 12/1 Each team in the 5PM to have a TD and a FG - 14/1 Each team in the 5PM, 8PM and 8.25 games to have a TD and a FG - 90/1 Ridley & Golladay to get 2 TDs each - 90/1 Hunt & Davis to have both a rushing and receiving TD each - 125/1
    Fin bets but awful bets.

I did Kamara and Hunt for 2 or more tds at 25/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

eagle eye wrote: »
    Fin bets but awful bets.

I did Kamara and Hunt for 2 or more tds at 25/1.

Thanks? :rolleyes:

gerryfed wrote:
    Thanks?

Sorry not try to insult you, just the prices are awful on those bets.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Had the Browns -3, got burned on the missed extra point at the end. At least I bought the extra half point, so got a push at -3, rather than the -3.5 it would have been otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

adrian522 wrote: »
    Had the Browns -3, got burned on the missed extra point at the end. At least I bought the extra half point, so got a push at -3, rather than the -3.5 it would have been otherwise.

I was on the other side of that though the win kept me alive for an 8/1 7-timer which put me back in the green

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭Guffy

Waiting on cards here for a 38/1 ML accy.... here's hoping murray lights it up.

Guffy wrote: »

Some finish to that accy. I love when they're that close

Guffy wrote:
    Did you post up your bet in advance?

Like anybody can come on here and tell us they have one leg to go on an acca.

It's considered bad etiquette to do that on this site.

Did you post up your bet in advance?

Like anybody can come on here and tell us they have one leg to go on an acca.

It's considered bad etiquette to do that on this site.

Seriously, you posted your bet 20 min after start time. I posted my selection of the cards ML at KO time and said i had it in an acca. It's not the horse racing forum, don't drag it into that quagmire.

You also had two other proper aftertiming posts before mine, but mine is the one that irked you?

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote:
    Seriously, you posted your bet 20 min after start time. I posted my selection of the cards ML at KO time and said i had it in an acca. It's not the horse racing forum, don't drag it into that quagmire.

You also had two other proper aftertiming posts before mine, but mine is the one that irked you?
    I'm only pointing it out to you. I personally don't care. I didn't don't notice any post from you.

Where's my after timers?

I'm only pointing it out to you. I personally don't care. I didn't don't notice any post from you.

Where's my after timers?

Cool, continue to not notice them so.

Guffy wrote:
    Cool, continue to not notice them so.

I seen no post from you before you claimed you had a 38/1 acca.

You said I'm aftertiming, can you point them out?

I seen no post from you before you claimed you had a 38/1 acca.

You said I'm aftertiming, can you point them out?

You posted your bet 20 min after ko.

I meant there were two aftertiming posts, the two posts before mine.

Had my selection been the hawks i wouldn't have bothered to post as they were short enough favs.

My selection i put up prior to ko (or at ko) was the cards, i said i had them as part of my accy. It hadn't yet come in so hardly aftertiming.

Aftertiming is posting after a bet comes in, posting an underdog at ko wouldn't constitute aftertiming as there was nothing to after time at that point with the bet still in running, even if it was the final leg, i was still waiting on an underdog in a game that had not yet started.

Your problem seems to be that mine clicked rather than aftertiming, again you ignored the two true aftertiming posts in the thread.

I'm not derailing this thread any further, so I'll leave you with not caring about it.

Guffy wrote:
    You posted your bet 20 min after ko.
    What did I post 20 mins after the game began?

Getting in nice and early with the post.

If Mack plays, I'm going to take the 47/20 on the Bears over at Will hill. Bears will have a lot of pressure on Goff and the Rams haven't beaten anyone outside of the NFC East as of yet.

Might have a larger bet on the spread, but probably just stick with a small one on the ML.

If i do have a larger one on the spread I'll be sure to let you know before KO.

I like the Bears myself too. I'm thinking of going in heavy enough on them +6.5 to hopefully cover my other bets which include money line. I like Jimmy Graham to score anytime, Darrell Henderson anytime and for 2+. Rams have given up a few tds to the opposition QB too so I think I'll back Nick Foles anytime too. They've given up tds to Wentz, Josh Allen and Kyle Allen.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

Hey, new to this thread...

Have Adams (packers), Hunt, Taylor (colts) & Edwards Helaire anytime TD as an acca at 13/2 for tonight

And a very ambitious Adams, A.J. Brown & Lockett all to have 100+ receiving yards and a TD at 89/1

Both with PP...

Steelers, titans, saints, dolphins and seahawks 43/2

Small be on this one.

Steelers coming off their first good win and i personally think Jackson is over rated.

Dolphins off a bye and the Rams cross country on a short week with no tape on Tua.

I have various bets on these with handicaps but said id throw up my ML this week nice and early

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think 49ers +3 is a good bet. There is never much between them and getting 3 points seems like the smart bet. The Seahawks will put up points but I think given Seattles lack of a pass rush and poor secondary that SF will be able to live with them to at least keep it close.

I also like Rams -3.5 going agianst Miami in Tua's first ever game. LA play good defense and I think Tua will be under pressure all day.

Green Bay -5.5 is another one that looks good. I think they are at least a TD better than the Vikings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Took the boyles special 12/1 on

Lockett and Adams over 99.5 receiving yards
    Henry over 99.5 rushing yards

Vikings cant stop much and Adams should see majority of targets from Rodgers
    Seattle are very low on running backs and again Lockett is a favourite of wilson huge game last week hoping he gets enough ball to top the line this week
    Henry is the titans offence even at 27-3 down last week they were still trusting him different game script this week as they should be in front but I haven't seen a team be able to stop him yet.

Firkser(titans) anytime td 7/1 bengals very poor at covering tight ends jonnu smith will be the no.1 but at the price firkser looks worth a play

Edit:apologies for the late post thought I had it posted half an hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Is it aftertiming if I say all my bets today look dead? :D

I'd expect Dallas Goedert to be a big red zone target tonight. I'm backing him for anytime and 2+.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Guffy wrote: »
    Steelers, titans, saints, dolphins and seahawks 43/2

Small be on this one.

Steelers coming off their first good win and i personally think Jackson is over rated.

Dolphins off a bye and the Rams cross country on a short week with no tape on Tua.

I have various bets on these with handicaps but said id throw up my ML this week nice and early

Titans were the bogey here, it was an unlucky one, could have clicked

Titans were the bogey here, it was an unlucky one, could have clicked

Lesson learned, don't be adding in "certs" to beef up the price.

In saying that i would pick Tennessee to win again, but there was no value there.

So p!seed off. I had Browns -3.5, Chubb steps out of bounds rather than score a TD at the end, they would have been up 10 with less than a minute to play if he scores.

Then I had Arizona -2.5 and they score s TD to put them up 2 at the end and they take a knee rather than kick the extra point. So Annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

adrian522 wrote: »
    So p!seed off. I had Browns -3.5, Chubb steps out of bounds rather than score a TD at the end, they would have been up 10 with less than a minute to play if he scores.

Then I had Arizona -2.5 and they score s TD to put them up 2 at the end and they take a knee rather than kick the extra point. So Annoyed.

Glad to see i wasnt the only one!

Ravens -13.5 alternative handicap tonight.
    Lamar and Andrews anytime td.
    Meyers and Byrd 5+ receptions each. Willie Snead 5+ receptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Finished my ante post portfolio this evening.

Dallas
    New orleans
    Baltimore
    All to win their divisions 4/1

Detroit to win their division 11/2
    Arizona to win their division 15/2

Alex Smith comeback player of the year 11/2

Kyler murray mvp 25/1

Most rushing yards
    Dalvin cook 16/1
    Jordan Howard 100/1

Most receiving yards
    Julio jones 9/1
    Dk Metcalf 80/1

Specials

Buffalo Bills, Kansas City Chiefs, Arizona Cardinals & Seattle Seahawks all to make the playoffs 11/1

Tennessee Titans, Buffalo Bills, Dallas Cowboys & Seattle Seahawks all to win their division 33/1

Cant find any worst regular season record markets but Chicago and the jets would interest me in the market carolina too but I imagine they would be quite short

Week to week I'm struggling this year more losing weeks than winning ones so far but the ante post portfolio is definitely throwing up a few live ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The 11/1 looks more likely than not. Great shout.

Advertisement