If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony OLED 65 inch

Options
  • 17-08-2018 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi - Can I get a price for the 65 inch Sony OLED (either model) please for delivery to Dublin? and an option for collection?

Moving into new house so if it is stretching the budget, what would you recommend for maybe 1k less? LG OLED? Also curious on the in built speaker. sounded loud in the store but I could not test it fully obviously. How does it compare with say the sony 300w soundbar system?

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

sweeneed wrote: »
    Hi - Can I get a price for the 65 inch Sony OLED (either model) please for delivery to Dublin? and an option for collection?

Moving into new house so if it is stretching the budget, what would you recommend for maybe 1k less? LG OLED? Also curious on the in built speaker. sounded loud in the store but I could not test it fully obviously. How does it compare with say the sony 300w soundbar system?

Thanks!
    Hi Sweeneed.

Thanks for the post.

At the moment in the OLED 65" Sony have the KD65A1 we have one of these left brand new boxed priced at £2699.00 (In store only collection and can not be shipped)/ This has now been discontinued
    https://www.richersounds.com/65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-android-tv-freeview-hd.html

The 65A1 has the following:
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Hear crystal-clear sound without seeing any speakers[/font]
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Sony’s OLED doesn’t use conventional speakers, it simply makes the screen move with the sound! By using twin actuators at the rear of the screen, the whole surface acts as one, cohesive speaker. As well as improving the looks, it also means the sound is more accurately located to the image, giving more believable dialogue sync.[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Powerful bass from built-in subwoofer[/font]
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]For the deepest bass notes, the Sony’s screen gets a little help from a built-in subwoofer. Cleverly hidden in the rear support stand, the subwoofer provides extra punch for action movies and soundtracks when called on.[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]This does give a very good sound to compete with soundbar audio. It wouldn't  be as good as some of the high end soundbars but its better than any of the entry level ones and better than pretty much every other TV on the market.[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]The NEW range see's the 65AF8 which is priced at £3199.00 delivered (We currently have a promo code on this TV for £150 off which is TV150) drops the price to £3049 - Valid until 19.8.18[/font]
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203292-401622.aspx[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Again this TV has very good sound but does drop the subwoofer that the 65A1 has built into its stand.[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Let me know your thoughts.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sweeneed

Thanks!
    Hi Sweeneed.

Thanks for the post.

At the moment in the OLED 65" Sony have the KD65A1 we have one of these left brand new boxed priced at £2699.00 (In store only collection and can not be shipped)/ This has now been discontinued
    https://www.richersounds.com/65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-android-tv-freeview-hd.html

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Hear crystal-clear sound without seeing any speakers[/font]
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Sony’s OLED doesn’t use conventional speakers, it simply makes the screen move with the sound! By using twin actuators at the rear of the screen, the whole surface acts as one, cohesive speaker. As well as improving the looks, it also means the sound is more accurately located to the image, giving more believable dialogue sync.[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]For the deepest bass notes, the Sony’s screen gets a little help from a built-in subwoofer. Cleverly hidden in the rear support stand, the subwoofer provides extra punch for action movies and soundtracks when called on.[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]This does give a very good sound to compete with soundbar audio. It wouldn't  be as good as some of the high end soundbars but its better than any of the entry level ones and better than pretty much every other TV on the market.[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]The NEW range see's the 65AF8 which is priced at £3199.00 delivered (We currently have a promo code on this TV for £150 off which is TV150) drops the price to £3049 - Valid until 19.8.18[/font]
    [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203292-401622.aspx[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Again this TV has very good sound but does drop the subwoofer that the 65A1 has built into its stand.[/font]

Thanks a lot for the info. I do slightly prefer the newer model due to it not having a tilted screen but I think the A1 represents better value. I dont think it is suitable for wall mounting but that is not really a problem? If the stand gives it better bass that is also a plus. I'll discuss and look into this. I'm away the next two weekends so cannot travel for collection so what is the process regarding deposits/payment for collection?

Thanks!
    Hi Sweeneed.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks a lot for the info. I do slightly prefer the newer model due to it not having a tilted screen but I think the A1 represents better value. I dont think it is suitable for wall mounting but that is not really a problem? If the stand gives it better bass that is also a plus. I'll discuss and look into this. I'm away the next two weekends so cannot travel for collection so what is the process regarding deposits/payment for collection?
    Hey Sweeneed.

I've dropped you a little PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Out of curiosity, do you guys have a rough time frame for the AF9? Cheers.

Xithus wrote: »
    Hi Xithus.

I'll need to check in with Sony one this as I don't have an incoming date on these.

We haven't had any mention of them on any of our incoming stock reports.

I'll see what I can find out and come back to you.

• Advertisement

Hi Xithus.

I'll need to check in with Sony one this as I don't have an incoming date on these.

Thanks Kenny. I was planning on getting an A1, I didn't realise it was being discontinued.

Hi Xithus.

Thanks Kenny. I was planning on getting an A1, I didn't realise it was being discontinued.
    Hey Xithus.

Yeah, the 65A1 has already been discontinued and all our stock has now been sold.

Sweeneed purchased the last of the 65" that we had.

There are still a handful of the 55A1 left but selling quickly.

Hi Xithus.

Hey Xithus.

Yeah, the 65A1 has already been discontinued and all our stock has now been sold.

Thanks. It'll be a 65" I'll be getting, so it will be the AF8 or AF9 depending on the price difference and wait time. :) 

Hi Xithus.

Hey Xithus.

Thanks. It'll be a 65" I'll be getting, so it will be the AF8 or AF9 depending on the price difference and wait time. :) 
    Hey Xithus.

As soon as I know more about the AF9 I'll drop you an update :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.