Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Resistance (Animated series)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yes. Wasn't expecting
    such a big tie-in so soon

Jeez, felt a bit for Kaz

That was good! For a second I thought the Collosus
    was looking like a Star Destroyer submerged pointing down.
    All the plots from the season came together
    for this big payoff battle.

Now just to see
    where they end up!

Wiki says the second season is due in Fall 2019.. so Autumn which will be just before Episode IX comes out. I'm leaning heavily towards the idea of seeing a tie-in
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Resistance

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I enjoyed Rebels (moreso as it went on) and Clone Wars. Is this worth a gander then?

I thought it was good. While Rebels felt like a slow burn, this one feels like it has a lump to get over at the start. It does though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Gbear wrote: »
    I enjoyed Rebels (moreso as it went on) and Clone Wars. Is this worth a gander then?

Ya, like it takes a while to find it's rhythm but last few episodes are very good
    They have season 2 set up to be very good

• Advertisement

A recognisable face in this one!

Fun start back. Although,
    I'm not sure we'll ever get Tam back now

2.2: Feels like
    we might get Tam back.. maybe..

2.3: Teamwork! That was fun! :)

2.4: Yes, food important. I get the feeling they are building up to having the station are a battleship of the resistence with a crew that works well with one another.

• Advertisement

2.5: Another fun one. Probably
    not the last we'll see of Nena.

2.6: Fuel! We could be about to move!

5 Episodes before Rise of Skywalker! Maybe we'll see The Colossus in live action!

2.7: OH! Did you hear what she said?
    People measure the Force in different ways..

No he couldn't, could he?
    Maybe midichlorians is just one?
    Filoni gonna make it so
    midichlorians is just one of many ways of being a force user?

2.8: That was fun. Good distraction! :)

2.9: Another fun one. Maybe a filler episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

season 2 has been really disappointing so far, they made Kaz back to being way to clumsy after he had gotten better towards end of season 1 and there are just way too many filler episodes
    I want to see way more of Tam, probably the only thing keeping me interested in it
    Hopefully it picks up soon as the potential is there

• Registered Users Posts: 28,726 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well you got more of Tam and the only other guy who go helmetless despite being told previously they hadn't earned that right yet.

Seems this season has involved a lot of "We need this, or else..." followed by "Oh look, we're here just as the First Order get here"

The ending of last season showed promise but now it's gone back

2.10 was fun. 2.11 was ok and could've been standout but they didn't go for it.

I'm guess that if there's gonna be a cameo in the film, it would only be to report the status of the Colossus

2.12: By Star Wars: Resistance standards, that felt like a step up. Kinda felt like a nod to the Mandalorian style.

Cool to see Synara get some air time. Guessing we're still not at the events of Rise of Skywalker yet. I'm not sure how close we are actually.

2.13: fun again. Feels like they are still holding onto the Kaz as a newbie feel.

• Advertisement

2.14: That was hilarious. Although, at this point, it does feel like they've given up any idea of getting serious with this series.

Double Episode!

2.15 & 2.16: That was pretty decent! Couldn't find mention of
    Aeos in a quick google search. It looks a bit like Scarif plus the Rebel base reminded me of the look of the one in Rogue One.
    - Griff
    really called it when he said there might be a probe left behind!
    - one thing that jumped out was
    Commander Pyre saying Huxley wasn't who he was worried about so that has 3 possibilities for me: primary - Allegiant General Pryde, secondary: Palpatine.. no way right? and finally: Grand Admiral Thrawn.. I mean like.. Filoni likes this guy right?

2.17: Good episode!
    I get the feeling season 3 will see the Colossus as part of the resistance itself.
    Second episode written by Jennifer Corbett. She wrote the first of the two parter too. More of this!

and of course.. checking her twitter I find out that this is the final season!

Double episode finale next week!

https://twitter.com/JenniferCorbett/status/1218976062434004993

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Slydice wrote: »
    and of course.. checking her twitter I find out that this is the final season!

Double episode finale next week!

https://twitter.com/JenniferCorbett/status/1218976062434004993

While it could be the last season, she said "series finale" not final series. Would take it as this season is getting near the end.

Yes! Agreed. I wasn't sure about that language. I took to wiki and I think it confirms it's the final season:
    The series premiered on Disney Channel on October 7, 2018, and the next day it debuted on Disney XD in the United States and worldwide. Twelve shorts debuted on the Disney Channel YouTube channel in December 2018.[3] The second and final season premiered on October 6, 2019 on Disney Channel, Disney XD, and DisneyNow.[4][5]
    and
    Season two premiered on Sunday, October 6, (10 p.m. EDT/PDT) on Disney Channel and DisneyNOW, with subsequent airings on Disney XD. Season two will be the final season of the show[4] and will consist of 19 episodes.

BUT with all that being said.. I can't imagine they are just gonna cut off the animated division. Not with Disney+ kicking off and it being the division where Filoni gained a lot of rep. I'm guessing they'll announce another show of some kind.

Maybe something for the next set of films they plan on making. I've seen some guesses that future plans would likely be getting some kind of public airing in Feb 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Slydice wrote: »
    Yes! Agreed. I wasn't sure about that language. I took to wiki and I think it confirms it's the final season:

and

BUT with all that being said.. I can't imagine they are just gonna cut off the animated division. Not with Disney+ kicking off and it being the division where Filoni gained a lot of rep. I'm guessing they'll announce another show of some kind.

Maybe something for the next set of films they plan on making. I've seen some guesses that future plans would likely be getting some kind of public airing in Feb 2020.

Clone wars is getting another season/finishing the incomplete stuff, and rebels is getting a sequel so they'll not be without.

Suppose they can't push things forwards with the sequel trilogy timeline, they'll have some ROTS tie in bit at the end and finish it then.

and so I guess that's it! A final two parter! and the show is done and dusted!

2.18: The story was fine.
    It didn't feel ground breaking but it wrapped itself up .. and well.. we got Tam back!
    :) It did have some parts feeling a bit rushed so I'm guessing there might have been more story ready in case the series had gotten more seasons.

Overall, the show was grand. It felt like Kaz was the character who the audience was supposed to get introduced to the world with. With Kaz, it didn't feel ground-breaking but it did feel like he learned. That's something. Not everyone has to be ground-breaking. The animation of the show was really cool. Whoever did that style really put some good effort in.

When shows end, I tend to look to see if they feel like they _ACTUALLY_ got an ending and this one did so that's not too bad.
    Saying that, I can't help but think they'd
    hardly leave the Colossus just hanging there
    . Maybe we'll see it in a future show or film! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

The animation and designs are beautiful (the pirate ship is fantastic) and I like the light-hearted nature of the show. Even before watching it I knew the Resistance/First Order involvement was always going stop it from being a great series but honestly that pales in comparison to the characters and stories.

The characters are dull and Kaz is just the worst - the goofiness would be fun but he is just a moronic personality. The stories are lifeless and there are so many plot holes that I feel like the writers go out of the way to create them.

I find it hard to believe that Filoni has much involvement in this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,726 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I like to believe he was too distracted by working on the Mandalorian.
    I kept hoping it would follow Clone Wars and Rebels in the slow start before hitting it's stride and becoming much better. the season 1 finale seemed to hint it was going that way, but then reverted back to goofy story of the week.
    Probably not helped by having a central location, though it did move later on.

Advertisement