Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorcycle gear

Options
  • 17-08-2018 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Any suggestion of where's a good spot to go to buy some first time gear. I'm based in the Cavan Leitrim area but willing to travel. I've been looking at Bikeworld and Cotters in Dublin. Both seem to have a large range of clothing etc. Looking for textile jacket/trousers. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭bladespin

CCs Unlimited Kells, RPM Drogheda, Kennedy's too, Cotters as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

I've gotten a few bits, including Richa raingear from www.motorcycleshop.ie

Decent range & free delivery over €49 spend

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭woody84

bladespin wrote: »
    CCs Unlimited Kells, RPM Drogheda, Kennedy's too, Cotters as above.

Cheers I'll give them a look

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭woody84

fdevine wrote: »
    I've gotten a few bits, including Richa raingear from www.motorcycleshop.ie

Decent range & free delivery over €49 spend

Seen them alright but I'd rather buy in store. Make sure I get a good fit without the hassle of returning the goods if they weren't right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

woody84 wrote: »
    Seen them alright but I'd rather buy in store. Make sure I get a good fit without the hassle of returning the goods if they weren't right.

Go to bike world, find what fits and what you like, then buy it on eBay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Any suggestion of where's a good spot to go to buy some first time gear. I'm based in the Cavan Leitrim area but willing to travel. I've been looking at Bikeworld and Cotters in Dublin. Both seem to have a large range of clothing etc. Looking for textile jacket/trousers. Cheers
    Moto tempo in lisnaskea have some gear.wouldn't have a huge range but worth a look. Enniskillen side of skea.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kawalski

Brix Moto just outside Monaghan town are good value...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

Crossans?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If u use PayPal you get 5 free returns.
    Just thought I'd throw that out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

zubair wrote: »
    Go to bike world, find what fits and what you like, then buy it on eBay.

Or buy them in-store.
    If people keep using the bricks and mortar stores just to try on clothes- they will close down.

I spent half a day in bikeworld trying on gear. The label price was higher than I could get online (yeah, I checked) but i decided to buy it there and then. At the checkout I got a discount that matched the online prices I'd seen.

And I got to bring it home immediately.

YMMV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I'll let you keep them in business so while I use them for sizing. I joke, If the saving is minimal I'd happily buy from them and have done but I'm not going to pay through the nose to keep a rip off merchant in business. Their lid prices are ridiculous but that goes for most shops in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭bladespin

zubair wrote:
    Their lid prices are ridiculous but that goes for most shops in ireland.
    True, not the Irish shops fault really though but won't pay it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Another draw for buying online from the UK is they dont have VAT on lids. I know its been brought up before and the Irish govt wont budge. But it can be a big difference in price. I'll buy local where I can but sometimes its hard to justify the cost here when its so much cheaper online from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Cian_ok wrote: »
    Or buy them in-store.
    If people keep using the bricks and mortar stores just to try on clothes- they will close down.

I spent half a day in bikeworld trying on gear. The label price was higher than I could get online (yeah, I checked) but i decided to buy it there and then. At the checkout I got a discount that matched the online prices I'd seen.

And I got to bring it home immediately.

YMMV

The jacket alone from the suit I regularly wear was more than the entire suit from the UK in Bikeworld. There's no way they could match the prices from the UK and I wouldn't even waste my time asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

^^^^

Helmets in Ireland have VAT, UK don't.

Advertisement