Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscription message from 57721

Options
  • 17-08-2018 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

First off im sorry if i post this in the wrong thread so mods feel free to move if neccessary and i apologise.

My girlfriend has recieved 2 messages from a number 57721 from a scam company called leadwinners who signed her up to a subscription service that'll cost her €10 a week.
    Im unsure on what to do as I cant find much info about them or how to stop em from taking any credit.
    We havent contacted or clicked any links etc and i told her to remove her sim card for the time being.
    We will be going to her service provider tomorrow to get a new sim card but i wanted to see if anyone has any dealings with this kind of scam or on what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Removing the SIM is pointless.

Changing SIM wouldn't help, changing number might. Your provider gave them the details to bill you, may have been as simple as a banner ad on the right of a webpage. You can't stop the funds being taken only kick up a fuss with the operator and COMREG to get em back.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fuko200

ED E wrote: »
    Removing the SIM is pointless.

Changing SIM wouldn't help, changing number might. Your provider gave them the details to bill you, may have been as simple as a banner ad on the right of a webpage. You can't stop the funds being taken only kick up a fuss with the operator and COMREG to get em back.

She hasnt been charged yet, and are unsure of how to deal with the whole situation. In regards to Comreg and the provider what can we state to deal with the whole thing? Are there any deadlines, rules etc? Im a bit clueless in regards to these kind of things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

spurious wrote: »

Thank you very much for the info, We will try the Stop message before getting a new sim so hopefully it works. If not we will check with her provider and contact Comreg, we took screenshots of the messages and her current credit balance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Did you get it sorted? Curious because I am having trouble with this 57721 number

• Advertisement

todolist wrote: »
    Did you get it sorted? Curious because I am having trouble with this 57721 number

Yeah she texted back at them to stop and they did - not sure on when they did sorry.

Advertisement