Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband wont connect to router

Options
  • 17-08-2018 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

hi guys,
    Bit of an odd one..
    I have regional broadband which is good. i use 2 tp links. The tp links show up when i scan for wifi and so does Regional broadband. when i click on tplink to connect its fine, but when i click on Regional to connect it fails and when i troubleshoot it says "the wireless setting for the Network Adapter on the computer don't match the setting for Regional Broadband".
    When i first got regional it could connect but when they upgraded my speed a few days later i couldnt connect to regional by wifi anymore(which is a lot faster than on the tp links i use, thats why i want to connect back to regional wifi).
    i rang regional today and he looked at the modem settings from his end and he says its all good from his side. He told me the problem is with my adapters.i reset them but no difference.
    i actually took them out of wall altogether and then tried to connect to regional wifi(to see what would happen if they werent available) but when i tried to connect to regional wifi same error message.
    i basically have to plug in my laptop via ethernet cable to modem to get good high speed as i cant connect to regional by wifi.
    Any ideas on what to do?
    Is it my adapters, or is it settings on the modem on the ISP's side that need changing?(eventhough he said the modem is fine)
    Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

"the wireless setting for the Network Adapter on the computer don't match the setting for Regional Broadband"

Have you checked the settings being used to connect?
    Have you any device that can connect that you could compare settings with?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Try to "Forget" network, re-scan, then re-connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭crxsi09

Have you checked the settings being used to connect?
    Have you any device that can connect that you could compare settings with?

I see a few items around the house mainly our phones and tablets etc can connect wirelessly to regional. What kind of setting would i be looking at to compare?

Try to "Forget" network, re-scan, then re-connect.

I clicked on forget few times on laptop and re connected and put in the connection password but keep getting that same message.i was wondering what most things in my house use to connect? So i checked and anything near the modem which is downstairs(our tv upstairs, our mobiles and tablet) uses regional to connect.anything further away uses the to links.
    So i can connect to regional with devices.its just seems laptop is the problem connecting for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

crxsi09 wrote: »
    I clicked on forget few times on laptop and re connected and put in the connection password but keep getting that same message.i was wondering what most things in my house use to connect? So i checked and anything near the modem which is downstairs(our tv upstairs, our mobiles and tablet) uses regional to connect.anything further away uses the to links.
    So i can connect to regional with devices.its just seems laptop is the problem connecting for some reason.

What password did you use for the other devices?
    Do check and ensure you are using the same one (maybe there is none?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Are you using the same SSID and password on the TP-Links as you do for the main Regional router - this would allow any devices to roam onto the strongest signal rather than having to switch networks

Are you using the same SSID and password on the TP-Links as you do for the main Regional router - this would allow any devices to roam onto the strongest signal rather than having to switch networks

When i click on the tp link on laptop it connects automatically. When i try to connect to regional it asks for the password which i enter.
    If i reset the to links i have to enter the password for the tp links that come with them

Advertisement