Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I Rely on Revise Wise/ Less Stress more Success?

Options
  • 17-08-2018 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I have revise wise/less stress for all subjects. Is it good to rely on these or should i rely on the books as well? during my JC years the Revise Wise/ Less Stress didn't have some things found in my book. For example I'm studying economics right now and my revise wise doesn't have the meaning for a supply curve while my book does.

Is it good to rely on these revision books?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

naxmax9 wrote: »
    I have revise wise/less stress for all subjects. Is it good to rely on these or should i rely on the books as well? during my JC years the Revise Wise/ Less Stress didn't have some things found in my book. For example I'm studying economics right now and my revise wise doesn't have the meaning for a supply curve while my book does.

Is it good to rely on these revision books?

No definitely not - I never recommend these to my students and discourage any that ask me even though I would say that the sales have drastically gone down as I don't see them in the study hall etc. Number one source of information - your teacher!!! Second your book. And don't bother spending €€€ on revision courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kittychan

I don't know about any other subject but for biology i would say yes to a certain extent.
    After understanding a chapter i would prepare for the exams using the revise wise only as biology has a lot of information that sometimes isn't necessarily needed for exams.

This helped me concise many chapters and saved time.
    However this should only be done when you fully understand the topics and concepts :)
    For other subjects i NEVER used a revision book because i needed almost every information in a chapter for an exam!

Lastly if you UNDERSTAND a concept well and do past papers you will certainly have no need for revision books :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The exam will be based on the syllabus, not a text book, not a revision guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Anonymouspeep

No i definitely wouldn't bother with revise wise or any of these books , they cut out things that can be vital to the exam . Your textbook , your teacher and your dedication is all you need .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

My advise would be to create your own revision notes rather than relying on the "ready made" notes in Less Stress/More Success.
    The process of creating your own notes is very good for remembering the material.

• Advertisement
Advertisement