Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get pound sterling banknotes in Dublin?

Options
  • 17-08-2018 10:24pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1

I'm talking about the new £5 or £10 polymer notes made my the Bank of England with Her Majesty on the front, note the ones from the Six Counties.

Where can I get them in Dublin? Also, where can I get pound coins in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Notes - any post office, most banks, Fexco on Westmoreland Street, larger Dunnes Stores still have forex exchanges. Most will give you BOE notes automatically unless you ask for NI ones.

Coins - nowhere, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,604 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Post Office will give £20 or £50 notes. There's a sterling ATM machine in Dublin Airport, I am not sure exactly what notes that dispenses. Coins won't be available in any banks down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭jrmb

You could try bars that accept sterling cash, or hotels with bureaux de change. A lot of tourists leave tips in their home currencies (odd as it sounds), and bartenders will be quite happy to get rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Very few places will have fivers at all; at this stage realistically any fives or tens they have will be polymer. You can ask for specific types of notes.

Fexco Westmoreland is probably the busiest single exchange in the city.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement